Can you choose debarkation time?

azmaui

First time carnival cruisers here. Our cruise is ending in Barcelona at 6am. I will be traveling with kids and don't want to get super early in the morning and rush off the ship. Do we have any choice when do we leave the ship? I don't care if we carry our luggage or not (traveling light). We are on deck 6 if it makes any difference.

In my perfect world we would have a breakfast at 8, leave ship at 9 and have a private shuttle waiting at 9:30. Is this possible? Also do we have a choice of breakfast venues on last day? Thank you!!!

You can't choose your debark time, but even if you get an early time, you can stay longer. Usually they want you out of your cabin by 8 or 8:30 am, but you can set over breakfast for another hour if you choose....

We like lounging over our breakfast and coffee, too, and never in any hurry for our vacation to end.

If you get an early debarkation time all you have to do is go to Guest Services and tell them you want to depart at a later time and they will be more than happy to give you later debarkation tags.

We have done it many times.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

You will be able to have breakfast on the Lido or in the MDR until about 9am. You'll receive luggage tag numbers that range from 1 to 30 or so. I would prefer to have a low number tag, you don't have to debark when your number is called, but you can't debark until your number is called if you have a high number.

You can leave any time after your zone number is called. Out of cabin by 8:30am and off the ship by 9:30-10:am. We usually have breakfast around 7:30am, go back to the cabin and pick up our carry offs. Then go have a cup of the specialty coffee, sit down on the promonode deck. We also usaully meet others we have met and talk for awhile.Its better than standing on the customs line and moving very slowly.

In my perfect world we would have a breakfast at 8, leave ship at 9 and have a private shuttle waiting at 9:30. Is this possible? Also do we have a choice of breakfast venues on last day? Thank you!!!

Lazy debarkation is also my choice for ending a fun cruise. My family and I have worked out a perfect plan for us over the years. We respect the crew's needs and vacate our cabins at the requested morning time. We move to the Lido deck and (this is very important) find tables that have a clear view of the lower gangway for departing passengers.

We enjoy a leisurely breakfast and watch the Lido deck slowly clear out as colors/numbers are called. Eventually, the Lido staff will give a 10 min warning to close and that's our que to fill our travel cups with coffee, water, juice, etc.

When we see the passengers on the gangway steadily moving to the terminal, we make our way down. Jump on the Lido elevator straight down to depart deck and stroll off. Another plus is that our luggage is easily spotted and there are no lines at Customs.