Of course the Crown has Noro Virus!

brutusmom

OP thanks for sharing. Sounds crazy but the wife is allergic to beef and cross contamination will put her in doctors care quickly. We are very selective on our cruises.

I do understand. That is the big problem with serving utensils being switched between food items. This is why I was so upset when I saw the staff doing it not once but twice!! It is the workers job to keep an eye out that the guest are not doing it. 2 different workers within a matters of hours just tells me that the onboard supervisors are not training or enforcing proper safety habits. That leaves me with little faith on how they are handling our food in the kitchen.

The same goes for the way they cleaned my cabin. The supervisor was informed as soon as I reported it but yet it took 2 cleaning until they removed the blood from my bathroom! It is obvious that the department supervisors on this ship are not making sure that their staff are doing a proper job.

Princess has more Noro outbreaks than the other cruise lines. CDC has the data to prove it. No cruise line is Noro free, but it seems to hit Princess, especially the Crown, more often.

Princess blames the passengers who they say bring it aboard. The other cruise lines pull passengers from the same ports so that argument does not hold water.

The fact is that Noro can come from a passenger or from a crew member but it's the ship's sanitation that can allow or stop the spread.

When we were on Crown last Feb, I saw crew wiping the tables with a barely damp rag. They were not using Windex or any cleaner with bleach or ammonia in it. I never saw crew cleaning the handrails on the stairs. They did make you use the sanitizer before entering the buffet. Unfortunately the hand sanitizer does not kill the Noro virus. Plus, if the staff hygiene and food handing processes are not up to par, no amount of sanitizer will help.

When we were on the Carnival Conquest last July, I saw crew cleaning the handrails 2 or 3 times per day. I also saw them using spray cleaner on the tables.

The bottom line is the crew needs to be trained in proper procedure and given the proper tools to do the job. Staffing is also an issue. Princess lets you disembark late and starts boarding just after noon. That does not give the cabin stewards enough time to properly clean the 15-20 cabins they are responsible for in the short amount of time.

I did see the stewards completely stripping the beds on the final morning back in port. At least you know you have clean bedding.

Go here http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/gilist.htm#2016 and check out the year and what cruise ships were affected with noro. Princess had several and the Crown is listed at least 2 times on the list. I've been on almost all the Princess ships listed and never had noro. Was on the Star Princess when an outbreak occurred and it made the cruise less desirable, as everything was taken away on tables, no snacks served at happy hour, no salt and pepper shakers, they tightened it all down. No serving yourself, on and on. It was a Hawaiian cruise so we had several days of this going on.:(

I looked at the link and saw the Crown listed 5x since 2012. Nothing in 2015 and I think another year since 2012 there was nothing. A couple of times the outbreaks were on cruises right near each other so possibly it was not cleaned up properly.

I looked at the link and saw the Crown listed 5x since 2012. Nothing in 2015 and I think another year since 2012 there was nothing. A couple of times the outbreaks were on cruises right near each other so possibly it was not cleaned up properly.

We were on the Crown in 2015 and the noro was on there. We were delayed in boarding due to the "deep" cleaning taking place. Maybe they didn't report it, or maybe Princess lied about the delay. But passengers that debarked told us noro was on board.

Princess has more Noro outbreaks than the other cruise lines. CDC has the data to prove it. No cruise line is Noro free, but it seems to hit Princess, especially the Crown, more often.

You have a link to back this up? Have you seen the threads about Oceania Riveria's multiple noro outbreaks all winter?

We were on the Crown in 2015 and the noro was on there. We were delayed in boarding due to the "deep" cleaning taking place. Maybe they didn't report it, or maybe Princess lied about the delay. But passengers that debarked told us noro was on board.

That link you nicely provided makes a distinction between Noro and other viruses, so maybe 2015 was one of the "others." I guess if you're sick, though, you don't much care what the bug is called. :)

Go here http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/gilist.htm#2016 and check out the year and what cruise ships were affected with noro. Princess had several and the Crown is listed at least 2 times on the list. I've been on almost all the Princess ships listed and never had noro.

Outbreaks only get reported to the CDC when they affect a certain percentage of passengers and crew.

Princess (and I assume other cruise lines) will start the extra precautions when a lower number of gastrointestinal cases occur and the reportable number may not be reached in many cases.

So the CDC list is not really a guide to how many cruises and cruise ships have been affected by a noro-like outbreak on board.

• 1 month later...

So! Why is it that a ship has the so called norovirus and they clean everything up, put out hot fresh food and make everyone sanitize their hands and suddenly all symptoms of FOOD POISONING go away? Norovirus my ass! It's just plain dirty people not washing their hands after they wipe their backside!!

So! Why is it that a ship has the so called norovirus and they clean everything up, put out hot fresh food and make everyone sanitize their hands and suddenly all symptoms of FOOD POISONING go away? Norovirus my ass! It's just plain dirty people not washing their hands after they wipe their backside!!

This thread is six weeks old. I'm not sure your remarkably tasteless post is adding anything of value to make it worth dragging up old news.