Ovation (RCI) with 6 month old

Cooso

Hi

We have our first RCI cruise booked. Leaving Friday. Eeeeek.

I know she's a new ship but we were wondering if there's a night nursery type thing? We'd like to enjoy one 'adult' evening and not upset our daughter or other passengers by keeping her up too late.

Are there any must haves that people would recommend we pack too?

I am also disgusted at how much RCI have charged for her but that's another issue. Haha.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I believe all the newer ships offer nursery services for a fee at night. Check on boarding day and get signed up!

You will need to bring ALL baby stuff..the ship doesn't sell diapers or baby med....so bring all that you need..and any medications you MIGHT need! Also, a blow up tub is useful if your cabin only has a shower.

Whether your child is a "baby" or not, they are considered "souls" and you're paying for space on the lifeboats....so they charge the "per person" rate! Only a very few lines have reduced prices on babies.

One thing to keep in mind, make sure baby's age is 6 months, not 5 months 29 days. Close enough in this case doesn't matter.

Yes...needs to be at least exactly 6 months of age by the first day of cruise.

Hi

We have our first RCI cruise booked. Leaving Friday. Eeeeek.

I know she's a new ship but we were wondering if there's a night nursery type thing? We'd like to enjoy one 'adult' evening and not upset our daughter or other passengers by keeping her up too late.

Are there any must haves that people would recommend we pack too?

I am also disgusted at how much RCI have charged for her but that's another issue. Haha.

Thanks. Meds will definitely be packed. She has no teeth yet but I'm betting the first will appear whilst away just because we're on holiday!

She hates her blow up bath so not sure how we'll sort that. Perhaps shower holding her.

I know why they charge so much but it's still made me really mad. P&O charge 10% of the adult fare and offer a free night nursery. Unfortunately no sailings on our dates but we'll book with them for next year.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll have a fab time. It's a cruise after all :)

One thing to keep in mind, make sure baby's age is 6 months, not 5 months 29 days. Close enough in this case doesn't matter.

Thanks, she'll be 6 months and 2 weeks so definitely OK :)