Celebrity City Sail Program

Woobstr112G

Since my Solstice cruise is two years away, I have plenty of time to think up a ton of questions and ask for input from more experienced Celebrity cruisers.. My current request for input deals with Celebrity's "City Sail Program." For those that have purchased the package, was it run well and was it a good value? I would also appreciate input from anyone who has done the program in Sydney.

Thank you in advance for any replies.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

I think you mean "City Stay" program. I got a quote for Sydney for our Aus-NZ cruise next year. It was way more expensive than doing the same things myself. I'm sure it probably is well run and there is some comfort in having Celebrity do everything for you. But it was a lot more expensive than I was expecting.

The city stay program are favored by many that are more comfortable of everything being planned for them (hotel transfers, sightseeing and a cruise ship representative). As the previous poster pointed out it is an expensive option.

Prices are not published on the internet unless you have a cruise booking for that destination. I recently got a quote for a couple locations an the prices were:

Amsterdam - $839 per person

Rome - $1,269 per person

FLL - $999 per person

Celebrity City Stay vacation packages include:

•3 nights in a 4-star, luxury hotel, including breakfasts

•Full day, fully-guided City Highlights Tour, including lunch

•Half day, fully-guided Evening City Tour, including a farewell dinner

•Celebrity Cruises Hospitality Desk in your hotel

•All Transfers

I found that for us it was a better option to book on our own as the prices listed are PER PERSON.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Hi,

I am doing the city stay program in New York City in a couple of weeks. I have two nights stay, valet parking at the hotel, an event (I chose Phantom of the Opera Saturday evening) and then free parking at the port.

I know you are looking for Sydney but when I get back after the cruise on May 8th I can let you know how it was. So far everything has been very easy and no effort.

The price was included with my promotion which included pre-paid tips and $300.00 OBC...let me tell you I walked into a real deal on this one so even if it is a horrible broom closet room I will still be happy. This was a deal I could not say no to and it extended our vacation by 2 days.

If you are familiar with Sydney and how to get around and know the section not to book a hotel in -- then it may not be worth it for you.

Hi,

I am doing the city stay program in New York City in a couple of weeks. I have two nights stay, valet parking at the hotel, an event (I chose Phantom of the Opera Saturday evening) and then free parking at the port.

I know you are looking for Sydney but when I get back after the cruise on May 8th I can let you know how it was. So far everything has been very easy and no effort.

The price was included with my promotion which included pre-paid tips and $300.00 OBC...let me tell you I walked into a real deal on this one so even if it is a horrible broom closet room I will still be happy. This was a deal I could not say no to and it extended our vacation by 2 days.

If you are familiar with Sydney and how to get around and know the section not to book a hotel in -- then it may not be worth it for you.

Ruth;

Thank you for the information.....:):):)

Bob