Any Jewel Dry Dock Updates??

As I mentioned earlier, we will be on the 15 night, April 28th TA cruise ending in Rome. I will try to update everyone here about the ship since its dry dock, what's different, new, etc, along with some photo's.

The first 7 nights of our cruise are at sea and I'm going to park myself in my first ever after cabin 9256 with its huge balcony and go into brain dead mode of just listening to the wind and the ocean.

I guess I can't refer to another site on cruise critic. Its the Royal Caribbean blog site.

Is it the R bar vi see them building? I ve never seen the R barfore so cant tell.

On another note, the UK rccl site stats Jewel has Sabor and Solarium cafe... no change in the deckplans tho.

Is it the R bar vi see them building? I ve never seen the R barfore so cant tell.

On another note, the UK rccl site stats Jewel has Sabor and Solarium cafe... no change in the deckplans tho.

They never said Jewel would be getting an R Bar, but I don't think anyone can be sure.

There has been a lot of discussion (and hoping) about the Solarium/Park Café. This is the first I've heard about a Sabor.

Guess we'll know for sure in 4 days.

We leave 6 weeks from tomorrow on the Jewel for a 9 night Greek Isle Cruise. Does anyone know what new restaurant(s) will be on the ship? I wanted to make reservations but it is currently only showing Chops Grille. Also, anyone been on this particular cruise before? I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to try and book a shore excursion through an independent company while in Naples. Thoughts anyone?

Hi jancl57, my family and myself are on the same cruise. We have booked a couple of private excursions already. Two of which we have done as sharing excursions with other people on the cruise. I suggest you check out some of the posts on the roll call for this crusie. I know there are still some vacancies on a couple of tours. From my research I have found these to be cheaper they also have good reviews.

There has been a lot of discussion (and hoping) about the Solarium/Park Café. This is the first I've heard about a Sabor.

Guess we'll know for sure in 4 days.

Yea , same here. It does sounds strange since it already will get Vintage,izumi and Giovanni and upgraded chops and no other rccl site says anything about Sabor.

quoute from UK website says:

THE JEWEL IN OUR CROWN

Jewel of the Seas® is fresh from a fantastic makeover and is now better than ever before! A new poolside movie screen joins rock climbing, West End-style entertainment and delectable dining onboard—rustic Italian cuisine at Giovanni's Table and zesty Mexican flavours at Sabor—as well as family suites and updated staterooms throughout the ship. It’s all brand new, and waiting for you onboard!

The UK site is notoriously bad with its information. It was still showing Serenade has having Seaview Cafe 3 years after it had been replaced with Izumi. I would love to have Sabor on Jewel but not keeping my hopes up too much ;)

The UK site is notoriously bad with its information. It was still showing Serenade has having Seaview Cafe 3 years after it had been replaced with Izumi. I would love to have Sabor on Jewel but not keeping my hopes up too much ;)

Perhaps Sabor will be installed on Jewel where Rita's Cantina is located on Radiance? I'm not too familiar with Jewel.

I wonder if Sabor will replace Rita's on Radiance in its dry dock in May? Perhaps it's going to be a new addition to the fleet - or perhaps not haha. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Perhaps Sabor will be installed on Jewel where Rita's Cantina is located on Radiance? I'm not too familiar with Jewel.

I wonder if Sabor will replace Rita's on Radiance in its dry dock in May? Perhaps it's going to be a new addition to the fleet - or perhaps not haha. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

This would not surprise me as Sabor replaced Rita's on Allure recently.

This would not surprise me as Sabor replaced Rita's on Allure recently.

Ah so there may be something to it. Well hopefully. I would like to try Sabor. I wanted to try Rita's on Radiance but it became the crab shack and that didn't do it for me so I passed.

I suppose we should know if it's on Jewel in a couple of days time.

Ah so there may be something to it. Well hopefully. I would like to try Sabor. I wanted to try Rita's on Radiance but it became the crab shack and that didn't do it for me so I passed.

I suppose we should know if it's on Jewel in a couple of days time.

I keep crossing my fingers hoping for a Park Cafe. We have a transatlantic booked on Jewel, hence my interest.

We are on the 15 night TA next Thursday. Have camera and video camera. Will be taking photos and video to send back to all of you future Jewel cruisers, along with info. Stay tuned.

Dave

Looking forward to that Dave. Maybe you will have Voom too!:)

Looking forward to that Dave. Maybe you will have Voom too!:)

Hi Bob: We board sunday morning so will see whats new. Port Everglades cargo terminal locator still list arrival sat at 1100 am and departure and arrival for the 28th at pier 4. Should get a good look at her sat on the port cam of everglades and the Hyatt 66 camera. Only showing Chops on cruise planner but yesterday added the other two. Internet saying $20.00 but had not seen the Voom $15.00 pop up yet . Looked on facebook as about 10 post in last week and photos but nothing new. Bob The Villages Florida

Hi Bob: We board sunday morning so will see whats new. Port Everglades cargo terminal locator still list arrival sat at 1100 am and departure and arrival for the 28th at pier 4. Should get a good look at her sat on the port cam of everglades and the Hyatt 66 camera. Only showing Chops on cruise planner but yesterday added the other two. Internet saying $20.00 but had not seen the Voom $15.00 pop up yet . Looked on facebook as about 10 post in last week and photos but nothing new. Bob The Villages Florida

Thanks Bob, looking forward to hearing from you. I wish we had some cameras in Freeport. I would expect they would be floating her out soon if she is to be in Port Everglades in less than 48 hours.

I keep crossing my fingers hoping for a Park Cafe. We have a transatlantic booked on Jewel, hence my interest.

We're on the same TA I believe (if it's next year) - the addition of Sabor AND Park Cafe would be fantastic. They could easily put Sabor where Rita's is and Park Cafe sits nicely at the back of the Solarium on Radiance class.

Edited by Bobal

We're on the same TA I believe (if it's next year) - the addition of Sabor AND Park Cafe would be fantastic. They could easily put Sabor where Rita's is and Park Cafe sits nicely at the back of the Solarium on Radiance class.

And Izumi would make my wife very happy too, but I read hear a few weeks ago that the company was not going to do Izumi anymore, so we will see about that too.

And Izumi would make my wife very happy too, but I read hear a few weeks ago that the company was not going to do Izumi anymore, so we will see about that too.

But presumably they'll put something where Seaview Cafe was - so maybe Samba, as on Radiance. Really hope it's Izumi rather than Samba

But presumably they'll put something where Seaview Cafe was - so maybe Samba, as on Radiance. Really hope it's Izumi rather than Samba

I'd be surprised if they ever installed another Samba. It just has not seemed to take off since Allure and Radiance. They had the chance to change Solarium Bistro on Oasis to match Samba on Allure and they passed on that.