bringing beverages onboard in san pedro

tango55

We will be sailing in November. Haven't sailed from California in a few years.

just wondering what the new procedures might be? I know you are allowed one bottle of wine per passenger and it should go in carry on, but I'm wondering about juice boxes, water etc. Can the juice boxes be in checked luggage or do I need to take them out and have them in carry on as well? There's a particular brand I like that I can't get in states or onboard so I like to bring some with me. I'm worried about the weight of my carry on since cabins aren't usually ready til later.

We will also probably bring on a case of water - just wondering if that's OK as well.

Thanks,Terry

We bring bottles water with us on the ship when we cruise from San Pedro. We check a couple of cases with the luggage and put the luggage tags on them. They bring them to our rooms.

I don't think that you would have any problems with other boxes if you check it the same way at the curb. As long as there is no alcoholic beverages then they don't really care.

We bring bottles water with us on the ship when we cruise from San Pedro. We check a couple of cases with the luggage and put the luggage tags on them. They bring them to our rooms.

I don't think that you would have any problems with other boxes if you check it the same way at the curb. As long as there is no alcoholic beverages then they don't really care.

Ditto. Also, I tape up the case(s) with clear packing tape (and over the luggage tag) and make handles out of it on the short sides, just have some excess as you go around the case. Baggage handlers like handles.

There's a picture on CC somewhere of a cruiser who tapes soft drink 12 packs together the same way.

I have lately seen reports of people with freshly-purchased cases of water who boarded in San Pedro having the plastic wrap cut and each individual bottle of water taken out and shaken. They were looking for booze in water bottles. Seems excessive to me.

I have lately seen reports of people with freshly-purchased cases of water who boarded in San Pedro having the plastic wrap cut and each individual bottle of water taken out and shaken. They were looking for booze in water bottles. Seems excessive to me.

I traveled with folks (on Princess) who replaced the 'center' bottles

with booze. I can understand princess checking.

They also cancel tips.

I don't approve of either, but if you judge all your friends,

you won't have any left to judge.

Your cabin should be ready when you board, this is the normal Princess practice.

You can bring on board as many non-alcoholic beverages as you want. The only issue with packing them into your checked luggage is that when the luggage is scanned it may be placed on hold. You may be requested to open the luggage to assure them the liquids are non-alcoholic.

My husband and I just sailed on the Ruby Princess out of San Pedro, March 24th 2016, 15 day, Hawaii.

We checked 1 case of water and 2 cases of soda. We used packing tape to adhere the luggage tags to them. When our luggage arrived in our cabin, our water and soda was right there with it.

l would no longer concern myself with bringing a case of water onboard. Princess now has the option of purchasing a 12 bottle case of water online ahead of time for under $7. I would save the packing of extra beverages to the juice that you cannot get onboard.