Question about fridge

This maybe a dumb question, but I was wondering about the things in the fridge. I know if you take something from it you will be charged. Can we ask once on board if they can empty the fridge? I really don't want to worry about my 5 year old grabbing something from in it all the time. Plus I need the room to keep milk and such for our 1 year old.

This maybe a dumb question, but I was wondering about the things in the fridge. I know if you take something from it you will be charged. Can we ask once on board if they can empty the fridge? I really don't want to worry about my 5 year old grabbing something from in it all the time. Plus I need the room to keep milk and such for our 1 year old.

They will no longer empty it. You can do it yourself. Just put everything in the cabinet that is above the refrigerator. I put a post-it note on the door that says that I have put everything there so that they don't charge.

Watch your SeaPass account on your interactive TV. Any charges will show up there.

The refrigerator is not cold enough to keep milk from spoiling for more than a few hours.

Ask for a larger ice bucket (the kind for a bottle of wine/champagne) and ask your steward to keep it full of ice.

Stick the milk carton(s) in there.

:)

Oh wow okay, yeah my friend connected to me told me I could keep the stuff in there then told me nvm because they will think you ate it or what not and charge you for it. Post it note is a great idea! There's nothing that has to actually be refrigerated? Also thank you for the idea about the milk. I would hate to have to leave the cabin at 2 in the morning looking for milk while having a mad 1 year old wanting his random bottle lol

Oh wow okay, yeah my friend connected to me told me I could keep the stuff in there then told me nvm because they will think you ate it or what not and charge you for it. Post it note is a great idea! There's nothing that has to actually be refrigerated? Also thank you for the idea about the milk. I would hate to have to leave the cabin at 2 in the morning looking for milk while having a mad 1 year old wanting his random bottle lol

Nope. Soda, water, candy, nuts.

We have left milk and yogurt in it for a day or two and had no issues with it spoiling. I wouldn't leave anything in there for the whole week but a couple of days is fine. They do not empty them anymore but like a previous person replied, we just empty it ourselves and put it in the corner or in a cabinet. Hope this helps.

On Serenade in November, the only thing in ours was beverages - 6 cans of soda. No nuts, candies, nothing edible. Suited us fine, no biggie. :)

We have left milk and yogurt in it for a day or two and had no issues with it spoiling. I wouldn't leave anything in there for the whole week but a couple of days is fine.

I think you should consider yourself lucky - yours must have been colder than the others. I got sick once by doing this - the fridge is more of a cooler and does not keep milk at a safe temperature. I'm sure no one wants to test this at 3 in the morning! :)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

On Serenade in November, the only thing in ours was beverages - 6 cans of soda. No nuts, candies, nothing edible. Suited us fine, no biggie. :)

I think you should consider yourself lucky - yours must have been colder than the others. I got sick once by doing this - the fridge is more of a cooler and does not keep milk at a safe temperature. I'm sure no one wants to test this at 3 in the morning! :)

I have had chocolate covered strawberries spoil overnight in that so-called refrigerator!

:eek:

On Adventure 3 weeks ago it was empty!:) The room attendant said (at least on Adventure) that is the new policy as they were tired of fixing charges for things people didn't use.

That's awesome. Wish they would do that fleet-wide!

We don't drink much milk so we haven't put it to the test, but the fridges we've had on Royal have kept things very cold. I get confused when I read things about them not being cold.

How do I contact them?

I contacted them a few days ago as I needed help regarding my husband's nutritional needs on board, and they were very helpful. Their phone number is 866-592-7225, and the contact name is Sulay Suarez. Great customer service! Anne

Edited by Mark+Anne

I am confused,,,,21 cruises on Celebrity and Royal,,,,always store milk, juice, leftover steak, butter and other items in fridg and it is always cold and have never had anything spoil. Am I lucky or what? They emptied the fridg on Celebrity Constellation in Febuary and everything was cold and nothing spoiled.

Yes you can.

I wish they would just get rid of the mini bar items. And i think the fridge could be ome size smaller to make room for 1 more drawer! (Coming from someone who only takes carryon luggage, what do those with bigger suitcases do w the limited drawer space?)

We did enjoy the opportunity to keep some cool water on hand, but didn't enjoy the hassle of having to prove we didn't use the Evian water that had been in there.