Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Thought that also. Seems the port authority makes some strange decisions

at times for sure. I am still bummed about NCL getting in here on Saturdays

at Terminal #1, but I am still holding out on hope to see a third RCI ship here on

a permanent basis some day. Wishful dreaming. ;)

The Port Authority does make weird decisions. Remember when we sailed with you and Bucky on EX in 2014, we left from Terminal 10 and disembarked at the Carnival Terminal. Thought it would be chaotic but the bus system worked well -- however, we got off pretty early before things backed up. They were late finishing Terminal 1. Do you remember how bad the embarkation was because of a possible launch (they were not allowed to let passengers disembark until the launch window closed).

Some ships are definitely doing different things for the upper tiers. Attached is the Pinnacle lunch menu from EX in Alaska. I think this is the second time they have had this event. Lobster Thermidor and Beef Wellington are on the menu.

153362842_5-22-2016-PinnacleLunchMenu.jpg.d55c62b1bd683a22b17ab584e27b2c58.jpg

Anthem still has the CL and D+ are welcome.

We as Diamond Plus really appreciate this post. We are on the Anthem for this coming Saturday (5/28/16). Is it possible to ask the Concierge if D+ will be allowed in the CL/SL this coming cruise. Please forgive me, but it is a 50th birthday celebration and the lounge would just top off the trip.

:):cool:

Some ships are definitely doing different things for the upper tiers. Attached is the Pinnacle lunch menu from EX in Alaska. I think this is the second time they have had this event. Lobster Thermidor and Beef Wellington are on the menu.

Thanks for posting this, as I board Explorer this week. Looking forward to it! This is the first week for EX to be sailing in Alaska, so this is a brand new event. :)

We as Diamond Plus really appreciate this post. We are on the Anthem for this coming Saturday (5/28/16). Is it possible to ask the Concierge if D+ will be allowed in the CL/SL this coming cruise. Please forgive me, but it is a 50th birthday celebration and the lounge would just top off the trip.

Dionne Jolly is the Concierge on board Anthem. If you need an answer before you board, her email address is AN_Concierge01@rccl.com (there is an underscore "_" between AN and Concierge).

Edited by cruisenfever

We had that "Lunch with OUT an Officer" last week in the Ovation

Food was great.

Yes, on the Anthem, Diamond Plus are allowed in the Concierge Lounge on Deck 12 at the back of the ship with wonderful views and great food. Also coffee is available all day long just use your sea pass to gain entry.

Enjoy your 50th birthday celebration

Edited by go fish 44

Sorry, I didn't see the usual signs so it was hard to tell whether there was any overflow. That night we just headed down to the CL and to our surprise had no problem finding two seats.

They haven't used that for an overflow since 2014. That was my point.

Yes, on the Anthem, Diamond Plus are allowed in the Concierge Lounge on Deck 12 at the back of the ship with wonderful views and great food. Also coffee is available all day long just use your sea pass to gain entry.

Enjoy your 50th birthday celebration

Enjoy your 50th I celebrated my 65th last week on the Ovation

We booked Chops for the special night, we were asked if it was my birthday

and being embarrassed I said yes.

Of course them came and sang to me with a little cake the whole 9 yards.

The biggest surprise came when I got the bill $25 ( $21. something and tip )was added for the CAKE

LOL

The biggest surprise came when I got the bill $25 ( $21. something and tip )was added for the CAKE

LOL

WHAT??!!! They charged you for the cake? :eek: I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. :(

I agree with you, Pat, 1,000%. We will really miss FR and its friendly crew -- especially the Concierges.

I know many are happy Oasis is coming, but I would still rather keep the Freedom

instead. Plus she can go to Grand Cayman, and Coco Cay....which Oasis cannot. :(

The Port Authority does make weird decisions. Remember when we sailed with you and Bucky on EX in 2014, we left from Terminal 10 and disembarked at the Carnival Terminal. Thought it would be chaotic but the bus system worked well -- however, we got off pretty early before things backed up. They were late finishing Terminal 1. Do you remember how bad the embarkation was because of a possible launch (they were not allowed to let passengers disembark until the launch window closed).

Yes I did!! :eek: We used Park n Cruise which got really, really backed up. We were told was due to previous cruisers not wanting to get off the ship to see the launch. Was not a problem being in a different terminal on disembarkation since we were off terminal parking.

With the success of the nine night cruise itinerary, I can't believe Royal let that opportunity

slip by as to not put a third ship in for the longer cruises on a permanent basis. Shame on you RCI! :(

Yes I did!! :eek: We used Park n Cruise which got really, really backed up. We were told was due to previous cruisers not wanting to get off the ship to see the launch. Was not a problem being in a different terminal on disembarkation since we were off terminal parking.

With the success of the nine night cruise itinerary, I can't believe Royal let that opportunity

slip by as to not put a third ship in for the longer cruises on a permanent basis. Shame on you RCI! :(

At least you have 2 RCI ships. Sorry, but no sympathy from California about the number of ships in Canaveral. :rolleyes:

Edited by travelgoddess1

LOL

For DH's birthday, we did Chops too. No fancy cake, but I'd pre-ordered a cake for the room. It cost more than $25 though.

In a few decades, we've gone from getting a free cake at restaurants to nothing, and now we get a cake, but at our expense.

On Star Princess, they sang happy birthday, and the birthday boy got a nice cake, probably two servings. Didn't mention if they got charged for it.

Edited by knittinggirl

Sherri...we have not made the big "P" yet, and are still in the "unnamed level" D+

over 350 tier. Are we still doing meal with an officer in Alaska? Or is that gone

now too? We will be B2B on Radiance.

At least you have 2 RCI ships. Sorry, but no sympathy from the West Coast about the number of ships in Canaveral. :rolleyes:

No looking for sympathy, just would like to keep what we had, Enchantment and

Freedom, (instead of trade offs Majesty and Oasis IMHO) but would also desire some

competition on RCI's part by adding a third ship like Carnival did.

And we don't have Alaska close by, which means we have to fly 10-12 hours ($$) to

board a ship there. :eek:

You are most welcome to join us here, still plenty of room to move in down here in the swamps! ;)

They haven't used that for an overflow since 2014. That was my point.

Sorry, thought you were asking if it was still be used as a staging area. My answer was I couldn't tell you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For DH's birthday, we did Chops too. No fancy cake, but I'd pre-ordered a cake for the room. It cost more than $25 though.

In a few decades, we've gone from getting a free cake at restaurants to nothing, and now we get a cake, but at our expense.

On Star Princess, they sang happy birthday, and the birthday boy got a nice cake, probably two servings. Didn't mention if they got charged for it.

Last June for my birthday AND our anniversary on Freedom we did Chops both

nights. Both dinners they brought out little decorated desserts and sang happy

birthday/anniversary to us. No charge. We could not eat a whole cake anyway,

as it would go to waste...errr...or would that be "waist"? ;)

Edited by island lady

I would love to do that cruise!! :) Always wanted to do a Mississippi river

cruise!

There are river cruises, but they are pricey. Having lived here all our lives and driven most of it, it doesn't hold a lot of appeal for us, but I have heard they are very nice cruises. :)

FWIW, most people do not live within 30 miles of the 5th and 10th largest port in the country. Just sayin :)

Neither did I. I moved down here from Michigan, not too many

RCI ships docked there either. ;) It is what it is, and it is what you

make it. :)

Summer here in the swamps is brutal though....trade off for sure.

Not to mention having to swat off those hungry alligators too! :p :p