Escape - H4 or H6?

MikeBTN

Trying to decide between Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse and 2-Bedroom Family Villa. There are 4 of us, myself, DW, and two DS (3 & 6).

Aft-Facing Pros - $500 pp cheaper. Large balcony. Can access balcony from master (so we don't wake the kiddos).

Family Villa Pros - Separate sleeping areas for all of us. Two bathrooms. Inside the Haven.

How much do you plan on using the Haven pool, restaurant and courtyard? Do you plan on using the concierge to take you down early for shows or to disembark at port? While the walk may not be a big deal for adults, it may get old with kids. I also appreciated being able to quickly go back to the cabin for something I forgot.

I'd choose the 2-bedroom for your family, but I know there are people who love the afts.

How much do you plan on using the Haven pool, restaurant and courtyard? Do you plan on using the concierge to take you down early for shows or to disembark at port? While the walk may not be a big deal for adults, it may get old with kids. I also appreciated being able to quickly go back to the cabin for something I forgot.

I'd choose the 2-bedroom for your family, but I know there are people who love the afts.

I imagine we're going to be using the Haven Restaurant & Lounge a bit - DW and I spent a ton of time in the suite lounge on the Allure in November, although it was just the two of us. I also think we'd enjoy the larger balcony (and access without disturbing anyone) in the aft suite. Wish they had something that offered both (DOS are sold out)!!

I imagine we're going to be using the Haven Restaurant & Lounge a bit - DW and I spent a ton of time in the suite lounge on the Allure in November, although it was just the two of us. I also think we'd enjoy the larger balcony (and access without disturbing anyone) in the aft suite. Wish they had something that offered both (DOS are sold out)!!

If you are in the 2-bedroom, you will be able to access the balcony without disturbing anyone. The second bedroom is away from the balcony door and it pretty sound-tight. I learned that in order to wake up someone sleeping there, the best bet is to open the door -- knocking didn't work.

The aft cabin's are beautiful- you have a wonderful view and a large balcony. If the price difference is so large, you will be very happy in the aft Haven Cabin. We didn't mind the walk to the Haven. Unless you have difficulty walking, save the money- you have access to the same wonderful Haven benefits.

Enjoy.

In a H6 aft cabin right now.. The cabin and balcony are amazing. We had 11 of us out on the balcony for our own Sail away party yesterday. I think it's worth the walk to the Haven. On the other hand, my sister is in a cabin in the Haven and loves having everything outside her door. Tough choice!

I have stayed in both categories multiple times and now I prefer the AFT, the balconies on the new builds are ridiculously small. A cabin made for 6 barely fit 2 people on the balcony. I don't get that.

Save your money and take the AFT, as far as the restaurant goes, just order in and eat on your balcony. I always set up a standing order with the butler and it was always set up on the balcony when I woke up. It doesn't get better then that.

Enjoy your cruise, whatever room you choose.

I have done both with young teens and their vote would be the H4.

They preferred the privacy, said couch in H6 was not comfortable even with egg crate and they LOVED being right in the Haven.

My vote of course would be the H6 for the amazing balcony but now only do them when it is just the two of us.

If you are dreaming of lounging on your balcony, enjoying your privacy and your meals on your balcony then the aft is for you. You will either have to walk for drinks or pay for them.

If you will be using the pool and Haven area then staying in the Haven is a better choice. It allows you to pop over for a drink or look and see if the hot tubs are empty in the evening. Its easier to carry less stuff to the pool since you can pop over quickly and grab something.

We faced the same dilemma and went with the 2 bed. The shower overlooking the ocean, the social aspect of enjoying a lounger and drink service over having my own private HUGE balcony. Outweighed the cost. The privacy in room is better in a 2 bed but with a 3 and 6 YO that might not matter.

In a H6 aft cabin right now.. The cabin and balcony are amazing. We had 11 of us out on the balcony for our own Sail away party yesterday. I think it's worth the walk to the Haven. On the other hand, my sister is in a cabin in the Haven and loves having everything outside her door. Tough choice!

Do you mind me asking what floor you are on now. I'm booking one in May and deciding between 9 and 10. Trying to find which deck is bigger.

They preferred the privacy, said couch in H6 was not comfortable even with egg crate and they LOVED being right in the Haven.

My vote of course would be the H6 for the amazing balcony but now only do them when it is just the two of us.

Totally agree! And the kids can go to the pool and you can stick your head out and check on them. They can walk ten feet and get onion rings from the lounge. I'm hungry... Go to the lounge! [emoji23]

Do you mind me asking what floor you are on now. I'm booking one in May and deciding between 9 and 10. Trying to find which deck is bigger.

We are on 11, cabin & balcony are awesome. Love the cabin layout; bathroom overlooks balcony to ocean so beautiful ocean view from shower!

• 1 month later...
Trying to decide between Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse and 2-Bedroom Family Villa. There are 4 of us, myself, DW, and two DS (3 & 6).

Aft-Facing Pros - $500 pp cheaper. Large balcony. Can access balcony from master (so we don't wake the kiddos).

Family Villa Pros - Separate sleeping areas for all of us. Two bathrooms. Inside the Haven.

I am in the same dilemma for my July 2nd cruise. I booked 9918 and was wondering your out take on the room, your experience and pictures.

I would appreciate any input.

I don't have any photos on me to post, but there are plenty on the web of similar rooms. 9918 was fantastic. The large balcony was awesome and our two boys (3 & 6) did just fine sharing the pull-out sofa. If it were just the wife and I we probably would have been happier staying in The Haven, but its hard to say because we enjoy lounging on the balcony and I don't believe any of the smaller Haven suites have room for loungers on the balcony. With the kids we were all over the ship anyway, so the distance to The Haven wasn't a huge deal. I will say that we only swam in The Haven pool - our kids enjoyed the slides and splash area but never ventured into the main pools. The Haven pool was quiet and there were almost always several children their age using it at the same time, never more than 6-8 people. You can't go wrong with 9918.

• 9 months later...

Michelle,

Did your young teens spend time on the water slides, ropes course, and sports courts? That is my concern about being so far forward--that they would be aft a lot and it would be harder to keep tabs on them.