Intercontinental--Miami

jennmaybe

We will be staying at IC (Chopin Plaza location) for our upcoming cruise and Delta changed our flight time, so we'll be arriving earlier than expected. No biggie, but I was wondering if IC allows us to drop our luggage off if we are not able to check in yet? We've done this before at other hotels, but never IC. If not, we'll have to figure out something else to do prior to being able to check in.

We will be staying at IC (Chopin Plaza location) for our upcoming cruise and Delta changed our flight time, so we'll be arriving earlier than expected. No biggie, but I was wondering if IC allows us to drop our luggage off if we are not able to check in yet? We've done this before at other hotels, but never IC. If not, we'll have to figure out something else to do prior to being able to check in.

I would just call them and ask. But I'd be willing to bet they have a storage area.

I'm sure they will hold your luggage. Depending on how full the hotel is they may let you check in early. Traveling during low(er) reason when they may not be at capacity will increase your chances too. No way to know in advance unfortunately. I find that being really friendly and polite at check in and usually helps too.

If you still have some time, earn the rewards program and get the IHG card. It's easily one of the best rewards programs out there. If you stay at an IHG property more than once a year it's a no brainer. You get early checkin, room upgrades, late checkout, etc. The perks and ease of using points and reward nights are great.

When we stayed there in 2010 they allowed us to store our bags there after our cruise before our flight because we stayed there before our cruise. The bellhop kept them for us in a storage room off the front lobby.

Thanks everyone! That makes things a little easier for us then, just in case our room isn't ready when we arrive. :)

Jeremiah--thanks for the info about an IHG card. We're definitely going to check that out. We do have time, so it sounds like something worth looking into. :)

I stayed there August, 2015...arrived at 11:00 am and asked if they would hold my luggage until check-in time. After waiting about 5 minutes for an answer....they said "no, you can just take it with you as your room is ready"!!! :D

So, in answer to your question, yes they will hold your luggage until your room is ready....but also ask if it's ready early!!

The Intercontinental is a Class A hotel. They have door men, who will be glad to take and hold your luggage in their Hold room just for a tip upon pickup. As mentioned, be sure to join their loyalty program. Perks are always good even a bottle of water is nice.

It would be terrific if our room is ready. We do plan on asking upon arrival. We should arrive to the hotel around 1:30 or so, so it's not too early. Be great to check in, drop our luggage and head out for the rest of the day.

I've put hubby in charge of joining the loyalty program. After all, I am "allowing" my MIL to join us on the cruise, cabin right beside of us, AND we're paying for her hotel room, so the least he can do is sign us up for the loyalty program! :D:):D

No, seriously, I love my MIL, so it's all good!! :)