Whats wrong with new menus

Cruisegirl6

I still can't get hold of the new menu's and I am reading boards of so many people saying they prefer the old menu's but nobody saying why. Can anybody tell me why they prefer the old menu's whats wrong with the new ones?

We had American Table for the first time on Breeze in February. I LOVED it! We all thought the selections were so much better than what was on the old menu.

As for why people say they prefer the old menu, maybe they just don't like change. I seriously hope to never sail with the old menu again.

The original American Table menus (like back to the very first roll out) lost a lot of current favorites (especially in the soup department) and served a few items "family style". They've listened to the feedback, and added quite a bit back from the old menus in my opinion.

We'll try them next month on the Conquest, and I'm personally looking forward to something new. I was a bit bored with the old menus.

If you're super picky, a lot is wrong.

I will eat anything that doesn't have a head attached, and isn't an organ, and I am really glad the tablecloths are gone because I would spend all dinner trying to make sure the baby didn't make a mess.

The ground rabbit in a miniature puff pastry is an appetizer and it is dry and has no taste, don't bother.

Wow..you must have just gotten one that wasn't cooked well. I had this and thought it was really nice.

I had the new menu on The Liberty in January 2015 and did not care for it; so, every night I would order a double kale ceasar salad. If whatever my husband ordered looked appetizing, we would split it. Most of the time we split a dinner anyways, so it was no big deal. It kept us from overeating.

Going on The Elation in November and on The Breeze next year, so I don't know what to expect.

firemanswife, I guess I accidentally overlooked them have to go back and find them...my mind has not been good lately so please forgive me....my lupus is getting active again and my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer and dealing with my elderly mom who is not dealing with this news well which is understandable and I don't live close to her or my sister so its difficult. Thanks again I check for them!

wcarretp21 thank you!

firemanswife, I guess I accidentally overlooked them have to go back and find them...my mind has not been good lately so please forgive me....my lupus is getting active again and my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer and dealing with my elderly mom who is not dealing with this news well which is understandable and I don't live close to her or my sister so its difficult. Thanks again I check for them!

wcarretp21 thank you!

That's OK. Hope you feel better. Here are the Western from last year:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2210835

And the Eastern:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2210835

Edited by firemanbobswife

Thank you Hog Rider....last year on the Valor 8 nights southern caribbean cruise we ate 7 out of 8 nights in the steakhouse omgosh wonderful! In december on the Fascination they did not have a steakhouse so we upgraded 4 out of 5 nights dinner to the $20 choices, wonderful! So, yes, I agree with what you say!

Thank you Hog Rider....last year on the Valor 8 nights southern caribbean cruise we ate 7 out of 8 nights in the steakhouse omgosh wonderful! In december on the Fascination they did not have a steakhouse so we upgraded 4 out of 5 nights dinner to the $20 choices, wonderful! So, yes, I agree with what you say!

My table mates got the $20 surf and turf because they got a card from their room steward for 2 free selections from the Steakhouse. They raved about it and got it another couple of nights. I ordered the Filet Mignon and it was DELICIOUS!

I enjoy the MDR and didn't want to go to the Steakhouse partially because it's just too much food. But For another $5 ($40 total) I can get the upgraded main dish 2 nights in the MDR vs $35 for one night in the Steakhouse. It's worth it to me a couple times a cruise.

Enjoy the menus :)

Edited by firemanbobswife

I agree, there really is not need to go to the steakhouse when we have the up charge items. I am good with just fruit cup or salad and since I can't have gluten desserts are really a waste for me there too.

I am very happy that Carnival added these extra items to the menu, good job Carnival!

Everything on here is someone's opinion. Some people don't like the new menus compared to the old menus but I'm not sure why. I haven't had any issues other than the disappearance of Bitter and Blanc on the desserts. Overall, I think the new menus are good and don't even remember the "old" menus well enough to compare. You can't order from the old menus so why be bothered by them?

Not sure why you're struggling to find the new menus though...a simple Google search provides them...

Everything on here is someone's opinion. Some people don't like the new menus compared to the old menus but I'm not sure why. I haven't had any issues other than the disappearance of Bitter and Blanc on the desserts. Overall, I think the new menus are good and don't even remember the "old" menus well enough to compare. You can't order from the old menus so why be bothered by them?

Not sure why you're struggling to find the new menus though...a simple Google search provides them...

A simple google search led no where. Perhaps you'd provide a link to save us the run around:)

My table mates got the $20 surf and turf because they got a card from their room steward for 2 free selections from the Steakhouse. They raved about it and got it another couple of nights. I ordered the Filet Mignon and it was DELICIOUS!

I enjoy the MDR and didn't want to go to the Steakhouse partially because it's just too much food. But For another $5 ($40 total) I can get the upgraded main dish 2 nights in the MDR vs $35 for one night in the Steakhouse. It's worth it to me a couple times a cruise.

Enjoy the menus :)

Interesting never heard of anyone getting free selections from steakhouse. We enjoy the steakhouse but always figured that if we had to pay 20 might as well go all the way and just have dinner there.

The steakhouse selections were nice to have when we decided to cancel our steakhouse reservations. We had just done the Chef's Table and decided that was good enough for that cruise. But it was nice getting the surf & turf for me, Still $40 but obviously that is less then $70 for both of us.

the only thing was they couldn't do the spice rub from the steakhouse.

This year no Chef's Table so we are definately doing the steakhouse for our Anniversay. More to the Steakhouse than just the food.

LEAVING TOMORROW!!!!!!!