Complimentary Room Service Menu ?

There's no cereal that I'm aware of.

When we sailed in December, the free menu for breakfast consisted of yogurts and danishes. No fruit either.

I was happy I could get my coffee in the mornings.

I believed that sample/actual menu can be found on Beyondship's website - look under the Breakaway for it.

NCL possibly added oatmeal back, along with toast - choice of white or whole wheat bread ... (whether they would toast it or not, I am not sure ... but I will ask one of my nieces, sailing the Getaway this Sunday to check for us) Last year, one could get danish or mini bakery items - but, no white or wheat bread or bagel ... it was like, what the heck (and, they called it a continental breakfast, with no yogurt or fresh diced fruits - something that's a "given" on NCL and on other ships for years & years) Cereal + milk used to offered & available on the MCL Room Service menu.

Actually, the other subtle changes I noticed last year, the insulated coffee pot for room service actually "shrinked" & got downsized ... something most folks probably didn't pay attention to.

This was from 2011 and 2012 (Jewel & Gem) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/NCL%20Cruising%20-%20General/NCL%20-%20Breakfast%20Order%20Form%202011.jpg

I believed that sample/actual menu can be found on Beyondship's website - look under the Breakaway for it.

NCL possibly added oatmeal back, along with toast - choice of white or whole wheat bread ... (whether they would toast it or not, I am not sure ... but I will ask one of my nieces, sailing the Getaway this Sunday to check for us) Last year, one could get danish or mini bakery items - but, no white or wheat bread or bagel ... it was like, what the heck (and, they called it a continental breakfast, with no yogurt or fresh diced fruits - something that's a "given" on NCL and on other ships for years & years) Cereal + milk used to offered & available on the MCL Room Service menu.

Actually, the other subtle changes I noticed last year, the insulated coffee pot for room service actually "shrinked" & got downsized ... something most folks probably didn't pay attention to.

This was from 2011 and 2012 (Jewel & Gem) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/NCL%20Cruising%20-%20General/NCL%20-%20Breakfast%20Order%20Form%202011.jpg

Thanks everyone! :) This info helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Did your niece say if there was any fruit on the complimentary menu?

There's no cereal that I'm aware of.

When we sailed in December, the free menu for breakfast consisted of yogurts and danishes. No fruit either.

I was happy I could get my coffee in the mornings.

There's no yogurt. And you're right there's no fruit or cereal.

There's Danish, muffins, croissant, no toast. There's juice, coffee/tea. Cocoa from a packet.

Edited by NMLady

:mad:

... if there was any fruit on the complimentary menu?
No, not that she can recalled

In the old days, they had fruits on the Room Service Menu but it's been gone - give the buffet a try - DIY & bring them back. They used to have items like green apples but didn't see them either (good for those with motion sickness, as natural remedy) ... When we sailed last year (2015) - fruits were mostly canned ones, heavy on syrups & sugarly.

Making a note to scan the latest complimentary breakfast menu, upload & share for the masses as we will be on the BA in 2 weeks ... enough of the Haven "specials" for us frugal travelers.

Edited by mking8288

Does anyone have this or perhaps can share what is complimentary room service? I believe it is breakfast stuff....?:) Specifically for the Getaway...TIA

Just off the escape and there was fruit, yogurt, cereal, milk, croissant and muffins on the complimentary breakfast.

Does anyone have this or perhaps can share what is complimentary room service? I believe it is breakfast stuff....?:) Specifically for the Getaway...TIA

Here's the menu from the Escape.

dbbe96955aabc816a8f0d1891734de04.jpg

e6185a63e1df8d29bc7a1c581ddf3c2d.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

Seriously, RCCL still has hot breakfast foods along with the typical cold items, fruits, danish, cereals at no charge. What else does NCL charge for that used to be free?

Quantum and Anthem also charged for the hot breakfasts.

Just off the escape and there was fruit, yogurt, cereal, milk, croissant and muffins on the complimentary breakfast.

That might be true for Escape. And it might be true for the other mega-ships. But it is not true for all ships. We were on the Jade from April 9 through May 2 and there was NO fruit, NO yogurt, NO cereal on the complimentary breakfast menu.

That might be true for Escape. And it might be true for the other mega-ships. But it is not true for all ships. We were on the Jade from April 9 through May 2 and there was NO fruit, NO yogurt, NO cereal on the complimentary breakfast menu.

Same with us on the Jewel in December . Seems like the smaller ships don't get the full continental breakfast.

Seriously, RCCL still has hot breakfast foods along with the typical cold items, fruits, danish, cereals at no charge. What else does NCL charge for that used to be free?

NCL never even offered hot items on the breakfast room service menu. I think it's better to at least have the option of paying a service fee for hot items.

NCL never even offered hot items on the breakfast room service menu. I think it's better to at least have the option of paying a service fee for hot items.

In 2005 there was an omelet on the 24 hour menu so we often added it to our breakfast order. But that option had disappeared a couple years later.

Quantum and Anthem also charged for the hot breakfasts.

Interesting as Explorer definitely didn't charge for any breakfast items (including hot breakfast). That was late August last year out of Southampton (in case that's relevant).

Just got back from the star and the only free breakfast choices where coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, Danish, cinnamon roll, croissant (plain or chocolate), blueberry or bran muffin and oj, Apple or grapefruit juice.

Just got back from the Star and the only free breakfast choices where coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, Danish, cinnamon roll, croissant (plain or chocolate), blueberry or bran muffin and oj, Apple or grapefruit juice.

Thanks, this is interesting, to say the least - differential availabilities unique to specific ships or class of ships (mega vs. non-mega ships ??)

No fruits, no cereals and no yogurt. Perhaps, NCL should eliminate all the baked goods and just offer white or wheat bread, non-toasted, as the free breakfast delivery option.

Then, charge for a bakery basket of croissant, muffin, danish & cinnamon buns, and, toss in bagels & lox ... a matter of convenience, with a fee.

Dream on, for a truely "hot" breakfast delivered promptly to the stateroom on a ship ... a "warm" platter with a cover is all we would count on ;)

• 2 months later...
The basic cold junk you get for breakfast. Cereal, fruit, yogurt, muffins.

and C O F F E E!:D

But of course many cabins have a coffee maker. That's what we use for that first wake-me-up-so-I-can-function cup of coffee. I actually am quite happy with that, as I am an early riser (usually 0500) and having a coffee maker in the cabin allows me to make a pot and take my coffee onto the balcony while my wife continue to snooze for another hour or so. The in cabin coffee maker is one of the major reasons we continue to sail NCL. We get a creamer from the dining room and keep that in the cabin's mini-fridge as we like cream in our coffee. For us, a roll is all we require early in the morning......later after exercise we might grab a "brunch" on the lido deck.

We rarely use morning room service on NCL. We are in the minority I understand. I don't think we've ever used room service after our morning in nearly 30 years of cruising. We often do use morning room service on other lines when they don't have the coffee maker in the cabin, and most do not. But since I am an early riser I usually have to hike up to the lido deck to get my wake up cup - no cruise line on which we've sailed has room service available before about 0630....so I really appreciate that in room coffee maker!

Edited by PaperSniper4

Same with us on the Jewel in December . Seems like the smaller ships don't get the full continental breakfast.

One would think the smaller ships would provide at least the same menu options since there are less passengers to serve.

BTW, with fewer room service ordered @ breakfast time, we've noticed fewer trays outside the staterooms along our corridors at all hours, but they remained uncollected during the late night/overnight hours until the morning - and still sitting there at 8 AM until the A.M. crew begin their morning routines.

Not sure if anyone else who sailed lately noticed it - just "mind" your feets & steps to not trip over them, if you happened to be on one of the those "narrow" corridors.

One would think the smaller ships would provide at least the same menu options since there are less passengers to serve.

Mega ships like the Breakaway that we sailed on (again) recently got the shortest "free" continental breakfast menu, the only item is hot coffee (I supposed, they can bring a pot of hot water for tea) and even the size of the insulated coffee pot has shrink. The Dawn/Jewel class (smaller) ships actually get a little more from others who posted recently.

For our convenience, of course.

and C O F F E E!:D

But of course many cabins have a coffee maker ...

Well, not true by default provisioning - "some" do - only balconies and higher category of staterooms on both the smaller & mega ships, typically a 4-cup coffee maker for small ships and the single-serve coffee/tea maker with the flat pod on the mega ships.

Oceanviews & Insides do NOT get them. One can request via the Stateroom Steward on availability and typically they can provide it + the setups, not a given.

Edited by mking8288