I wanted Royal Palms and taxi dropped off at Calico Jacks???

rene194215

So when I got into the taxi last cruise I said I wanted to go to Royal Palms. The driver was like ok. We passed by it on the way to the "public beach" as the other passengers said they wanted a beach. He dropped off at Calico Jacks. I felt a little odd saying hey I wanted to go to Royal Palms and I stayed there at Calico Jacks. Turned out to be ok because there was a fellow solo cruiser on the same ship with me and we spent the day together. But when I go back to this year I want to go to Royal. If the same thing happens should I just put my foot down and say I want Royal Palms?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Just put your foot down and insist. Get their name or a pic of their license (above dash) if you have to, so you can report them at the taxi stand at the port, or send the info to the folks at Royal Palms and they'll report it.

A few drivers try to get you to go to the further locations as the fare is higher. They are not allowed to do that, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This should NOT happen. By all means put your foot down and insist on being taken to your preferred destination.

The Public Transport Unit licenses taxis in the Cayman Islands. Contact information is linked. You can direct complaints to their office. They would definitely need the driver's name. Other information such as description of the taxi and license plate number would be helpful.

Whether going by taxi or bus it helps to know landmarks to look out for. As you come from town Royal Palms is on the left. It is maybe a quarter mile past the traffic light at Lawrence Blvd. Pizza Hut and a gas station are on the right just before the traffic light. When you see those landmarks get ready get off the bus/have the taxi stop. If you pass a Burger King on the right then you have gone too far. (There is a Burger King much closer to town that you will pass but it is on your left.)