Royal Princess BW and DW

yitao

Hi all, we just received upgrade email from Princess to upgrade our cabin from BW to DW, is there big difference between those two, we are pretty happy with the BW cabin that we chosen, I would like to know what is the pro about the DW to make up our mind. :)

Thanks

Rachel

Upgrade for free, or upsell at a cost? Unless it is a substantially better location, I certainly wouldn't pay to move from one obstructed balcony cabin to another just to gain a sitting area with a mini-sofa.

Thanks fishywood. it's free upgrade, the location is about the same. looks like the only difference between BW and DW is DW has the mini sofa area to sit, other than that, no other difference ?

The DW cabins are mid-forward and mid-aft on Emerald Deck, in roughly the same area as most of the BW. Above the public areas on Promenade Deck but not directly over Princess Theater or Vista Lounge so noise shouldn't be a big issue. If you find Emerald deck a convenient location (as I do) then being offered a larger cabin at no charge is a gimme.

Other than being larger there is no real difference; no privileges associate with Deluxe Balcony over standard. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by fishywood

The DW cabins are mid-forward and mid-aft on Emerald Deck, in roughly the same area as most of the BW. Above the public areas on Promenade Deck but not directly over Princess Theater or Vista Lounge so noise shouldn't be a big issue. If you find Emerald deck a convenient location (as I do) then being offered a larger cabin at no charge is a gimme.

Other than being larger there is no real difference; no privileges associate with Deluxe Balcony over standard. Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you very much for your help Fishywood.

Hi all, we just received upgrade email from Princess to upgrade our cabin from BW to DW, is there big difference between those two, we are pretty happy with the BW cabin that we chosen, I would like to know what is the pro about the DW to make up our mind. :)

Thanks

Rachel

The DW (D is for Deluxe Balcony) is a slightly larger cabin with a two seat sofa. You should be pleased with this cabin. If you look at the on line deck plans the diagrams and photo shot of the cabin is an accurate depiction of what your cabin will look like.

Thanks

Rachel

A little bigger room with a sofa.

Sofa is hard. Did not use it. Balcony is very small. This adds more room for a sofa. Do you want a bigger room or a bigger balcony?
The deluxe balcony is slightly more than one foot longer to provide space for the loveseat. The layout is different and there are fewer drawers in the the DW layout. The balconies on all of the BW and DW cabins are the same size, about 9 feet wide by 4 feet deep, and all of the BW and DW cabins are obstructed to some degree by tenders or lifeboats but you can look over the obstruction.

I personally don't like those cabins... We got an "upgrade" and I hated it! Lights were on all night and you could only look out not down. We asked for a cabin change after the first night which we didn't get. I complained the entire 10 days... And I love Princess!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app