What balcony stateroom would you choose on the Ruby

corsage

We are booking the 7 day Mexican Rivera and wondering about the balcony state rooms on the Lido deck. Has anyone got one they really enjoyed and why? I am also wondering which side to book for this cruise that would have good views of the ports when sailing in?

Carine Deck, Deck 10, starting from C618 and higher. These are Cat. BD. The balconies are 9'x9' of which about 5' is covered, and the remaining open to the sky. With few exceptions, noted in red on the Princess.com deck plans, all balcony cat. cabins have the same interiors.

We were wanting to be on the Lido deck, can anyone tell me if there is any noise when staying by the elevators and stairs in any of those staterooms around that area?

Although we have never stayed in these cabins, I would speculate that cabins between L250 forward to L230 port and the same ones on the starboard side are fine. Cabins from the elevators toward the open Lido deck receive lots of traffic from passengers going to and leaving the lido deck. Also be aware that there will be no cabins above you. The spa area is above you.

Emerald deck mini suites. Completely covered. Get one on the starboard (right) side of the ship if you like taking naps. They have the voice at sea and they hold rehearsals during the day. So you will hear some of the music on the port side of the ship.

We were wanting to be on the Lido deck, can anyone tell me if there is any noise when staying by the elevators and stairs in any of those staterooms around that area?

We stayed in a cabin on the lido deck near the elevators once.

Never again.

That area is used all night long and no one uses soft voices, especially the teenagers. Kept waking us all night long.

If you are set on a Lido Deck cabin, get one on the port side. Always my favorite side of the ship when I sail to Mexico. However, I have never sailed on the Lido deck. I prefer the much larger balconies on the Caribe deck for the same price or close to. I know people like being on Lido because they are so close to the upper deck activities. If that is important to you, of course, book Lido. I would be careful to look at what is above you. If just the Horizon Court you should be fine. If any open deck spaces, you might be sorry because of the noise that can happen early and late when crew cleans the upper decks. I stayed in a cabin below the main pool area once. Never, ever, ever again. I guess I am one who can't understand why anyone wouldn't book Caribe deck if they could. The balconies are awesome!!

We actually liked Lido Deck back when we booked balcony cabins on Sun Class ships. Never found noise to be a problem.

Our friends had a balcony on Emerald Princess exact sister ship (January 2016) and loved it. :)

The only reason we don't book Lido Deck on Ruby-Crown-Emerald is because we like mini-suites. Otherwise, we love the location.

LuLu

We're just off the Ruby and stayed in L609, an aft balcony. My sister was was in L745, an inside cabin. The location was great, near the aft pool and the Cafe Caribe. Even though the we were across from the laundry room, it was surprising quiet. We really liked that our balcony was completely covered and that no one could look down on us from above.

Now for the bad news. When we arrived in the cabin, there was a printed notice on the toilet to not flush anything but toilet paper down it. This was a precursor of things to come, as our toilet only functioned 50% of the time. At least every other day, I would call passenger services to report that the toilet had stopped flushing. They did respond quickly, but it was inconvenient to say the least.

Additionally, a water pipe in the ceiling burst. This required turning off water to the about 30 cabins so that repairs could be made. At least it was back on before it was time to shower for dinner.

Hopefully these problems are being repaired. On the very last night of the cruise, we were offered a bottle of house wine for our troubles. I declined and just asked that they please fix the plumbing issues for the next passengers.

We have sailed on the Ruby a lot and in January we had a Lido deck cabin for the first time. It was a Hawaiian cruise and while we liked the convenience of the pools, there certainly was a lot of motion that high. Fortunately neither Dudette or I are subject to motion sickness but for anyone who is, a cabin on that deck would be hell. We will certain book la lower deck in the future.

Ruby was blessed with four aft balcony cabins on the Riviera deck.

We've booked these on all our voyages on the Ruby.

Great location, just steps from the Terrace Pool and Caribe/Horizon buffet.

Ideally the outermost cabins (R750/751) - but we've stayed in R749 with no issues.

Outstanding views because your so high up on the ship.

Although we have never stayed in these cabins, I would speculate that cabins between L250 forward to L230 port and the same ones on the starboard side are fine. Cabins from the elevators toward the open Lido deck receive lots of traffic from passengers going to and leaving the lido deck. Also be aware that there will be no cabins above you. The spa area is above you.

We have stayed in the balcony closest to the doors & had constant foot traffic with people laughing yelling, etc as they were coming in from the Lido area. Never again. Also could hear a little of the Movies under the stars.