Two different packages in one stateroom?

Moparop

We are taking a large family vacation to Alaska. Because of numbers, my son is sharing a room with one of his uncles. My husband and I are talking about booking our cruise as a land and sea package to do Denali as well. For my son to be part of that with us, my brother would have to also be booked that way, correct?

In other words, can two people in the same cabin be booked on different trips?

We are taking a large family vacation to Alaska. Because of numbers, my son is sharing a room with one of his uncles. My husband and I are talking about booking our cruise as a land and sea package to do Denali as well. For my son to be part of that with us, my brother would have to also be booked that way, correct?

Have you asked your T.A. to work it out?

It is not possible. We had inquired about that last year. Everyone in the cabin, must be on the same itinerary.

If you were really committed, you could book you, your spouse and your DS into one room and book the cruise-tour. Book the uncle in another room as a solo for only the cruise. On the ship, you can change up the rooms. It will cost you a bit extra, but you will be able to get what you want.

If you were really committed, you could book you, your spouse and your DS into one room and book the cruise-tour. Book the uncle in another room as a solo for only the cruise. On the ship, you can change up the rooms. It will cost you a bit extra, but you will be able to get what you want.

You are good :)

Explanation:

You and your husband would go up on Ship A, land tour, and return on ship B.

Your uncle/son would go up on Ship A....This is where the rub is. Your uncle would be going home by plane or Ship A. Your son would have to catch Ship B as a solo.

Hopefully, you would be able to get your son booked as a third person reduced rate in your room. Uncle would have to pay single supplement (which would be the cost of your son's passage). Added cost is the third person fare which is going to be defunct because he will actually be bunking with his Uncle on the way up. He WILL HAVE TO be in your cabin on the return.

If...You are only doing this one way. Then it simplifies the matter slightly. Only dealing with Ship A.