Koningsdam Public Rooms

InTheWASide

Wonderful post! Can't wait for our upcoming Midnight Sun cruise! Were passengers allowed on the bow? That's my favorite spot, especially leaving port

Believe so but there have been some changes to that area. We weren't out there so I can't speak from my personal experience

Thanks for taking the time to document her (his?) interiors and post them.

Looking forward to sailing in January.

A dramatic decorative evolution for HAL, reminiscent of when QE2 first entered service in 1969, radically different from what had come before and representing the latest in contemporary design.

This is yoeman's work you're dong here, thank you!

She is just breathtaking, really. I'm 33 and her design NAILS what my generation broadly seeks.

NY Pizza/Deli question, did you ever see a menu? I know they offer breakfast too, just curious how it worked (aka can you build your own sandwich / salad / pizza or are they pre-determined?).

This is yoeman's work you're dong here, thank you!

She is just breathtaking, really. I'm 33 and her design NAILS what my generation broadly seeks.

NY Pizza/Deli question, did you ever see a menu? I know they offer breakfast too, just curious how it worked (aka can you build your own sandwich / salad / pizza or are they pre-determined?).

I'm 34 and absolutely agree.

NY Pizza had a lot of preset pizzas or you can create your own. LOTS of topping variety. We never knew about the breakfast options unfortunately. Not sure if the salads they had (selection was limited) were adjustable but I imagine the sandwiches were.

The pizza is really good by the way

I'm 34 and absolutely agree.

NY Pizza had a lot of preset pizzas or you can create your own. LOTS of topping variety. We never knew about the breakfast options unfortunately. Not sure if the salads they had (selection was limited) were adjustable but I imagine the sandwiches were.

The pizza is really good by the way

Cool, thanks!

Join us on the Nov 23 cruise, I'll buy you a Wang Wang.

Edited by sppunk

Excuse ME!!!??? I am almost both your combined ages and I LOVE the contemporary feel of our new Dam ship!

Well at least based on some of the feedback from these boards you're either in the minority or a minimally vocal majority. But either way, welcome to the club! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Excuse ME!!!??? I am almost both your combined ages and I LOVE the contemporary feel of our new Dam ship!

Me too! Age and what the pictures show. And the musical theme. Full disclosure requires me to say I haven't met a ship I didn't like. It's like staying in hotels - I wouldn't want them all to be the same. 112 days to go...

Oh I think I am going to spend quite some time in the Grand Dutch Cafe! And Sel de Mer will be on my list of places to eat too!

Sel de Mer was quite frankly orgasmic and we ran some scenarios money wise and with the exception of that fruits de Mer item getting an app, entree, dessert and a side would likely be within just a couple bucks of the PG

Grand Dutch Cafe was just awesome. The coffee was super good, I hate split pea soup but am obsessed with HAL's and it's the same recipe there as on Alaska cruises and they have bitterballen in the evenings. (Granted when we went to Amsterdam after the cruise we got some amazing ones from a local place that are so much better but HAL's are really good). There was this thing called, if I remember right, Koningsbol which was a chantilly cream filled donut covered in a rich Dutch chocolate icing. THOSE are dangerous. [emoji2]

Me too! I'm not quite their combined ages but still love the look and feel of the ship. It's contemporary without being cheesy.

Couple of comments, Brad. The bolts holding the exercise equipment to the deck outside look like accidents waiting to happen! :eek: I hope they've been cut down.

I think I'll know how Jonah must have felt inside the whale when eating in the MDR. :p Not that that's a bad thing, just a thing. I love the color scheme.

Thank you so much for the photos of 5048. :D We have that cabin in July 2017 for the Voyage of the Midnight Sun cruise and I can see we are going to love the verandah already! Needs a large table and lounger though.

Thanks again for all your work! :)

Edited by 0bnxshs

thanks Brad, appreciate all the effort in getting all these photos uploaded. The interior design of the ship is amazing, so many styles. Love the look of the crows nest and the dutch cafe.

Couple of questions did you notice what the drink price limit was on the sbp?

Is there a bar on the top deck where all those loungers are? did you like that space?

the outdoors exercise equipment, what are the purpose of those curled blue bars?

cheers

James

Us, too! Can't wait for November 13th! Beautiful ship, in our opinion. Reminds us of Celebrity "S" class......modern and sleek, yet still elegant.

Thank you so much for posting these wonderful photos!

Looks like there are not many loungers in shade though.

I haven't spotted any, not outdoors, anyway. :( There may have been some close to the bulkhead, but they were fairly well enclosed.

I also thought the area was tight to get through and around, especially when using a mobility device.

I haven't spotted any, not outdoors, anyway. :( There may have been some close to the bulkhead, but they were fairly well enclosed.

I also thought the area was tight to get through and around, especially when using a mobility device.

Yes we noticed very tight areas too.