Friends have a suite, can I get in?

I am Diamond and I am sailing (in same cabin) with someone who is sailing for the first time. Do I have to go to the Diamond Lounge alone? Or can my partner come with me?

if their account is not linked with yours( spouse, domestic partner, etc) the they are not entitled to access and Royal does NOT extend lounge privileges to cabin mates

It wouldn't even occur to me to ask to do that. Suite guests pay like $7,000 more than the rest of us for their cruise, if I paid that much more I would be pissed if people who didn't pay for it ended up getting the same perks. I persoanlly don't think any of those perks are worth that kind of money, but if other people want to pay $7,000 more for $40 worth of free drinks in a special drink lounge, an extra pay restaurant and a roped off area to sit separated from the rest of us rubes on the pool deck, they should get to have those benefits without the rest of us trying to sneak in just because we know someone who was willing (or able) to pay more money than us.

The suite guests are actually supplementing the costs of running the ship so the rest of us can pay less money for the vacation. If they didn't have a few people paying 5 times more than the rest of us, then we'd all have to pay more money, so let them have their $7000 private lounge and pretty colored sea pass cards and meet up with them later.

If your friends really want to be able to spend their vacation with you guys, they would (or could) downgrade their cabin (or not go to the off-limits places when they want to be with you). Otherwise, just accept that you're gonna have some time to yourselves while they enjoy those expensive benefits for an hour or so.

There is a lot of misconception on how much more suites cost than non suites. You can spend 7 Grand if you want, but you don't have to. For my comparison I looked at three cabins on the Feb 2017 Oasis.

A Superior Large Balcony is $2,628 for two with no taxes. You get 182 SQFT of cabin and an 80 SQFT balcony.

A JS is $3,483 same parameters as above. You get 287 SQFT of cabin and 80 SQFT balcony (in reality the balcony is bigger since most are on the hump). You also get dinner in the CK and a nicer mattress.

A GS is $5,058 same parameters. You get 371 SQFT of cabin and 105 SQFT of balcony. You also get full suite privileges in the SL, CK, etc..

My point is, I can get a bigger cabin, nicer mattress and dinner in the CK for around $800, or i can spend roughly $2,500 and get a really big cabin, and full Suite privileges with a GS.