Friends have a suite, can I get in?

Oasis of the seas in 14 days (yes we are excited to go). We have the cheapest interior cabin we could afford. My friends have a super suite. They said they have access to a lounge and other perks. Can we join them on any of that stuff?

We did Navigator in Feb, and this is our second RCCL (I've been on a bunch of others)... any other major tips for max enjoyment?

Thanks!

Technically the Suite Lounge is only for suite guests. I doubt if anyone is going to challenge you when you all walk in together. The door is locked, so your suite friends would have to bring you in with them. Unless the rules hae changed and they do allow you to bring in guests legitimately.

Edited by Zigggypup

Oasis of the seas in 14 days (yes we are excited to go). We have the cheapest interior cabin we could afford. My friends have a super suite. They said they have access to a lounge and other perks. Can we join them on any of that stuff?

We did Navigator in Feb, and this is our second RCCL (I've been on a bunch of others)... any other major tips for max enjoyment?

Thanks!

I haven't seen any of this in writing from Royal, but I believe the policy is as follows. You are not supposed to bring guests into the suites lounge, but you are permitted to have guests join you for several nights during the week in the Coastal Kitchen. The ultimate determination rests with the suite concierges and Coastal Kitchen manager.

There has been much talk on how crowded the suite lounges have been lately and how suite guests themselves have been turned away. Unless it's an unusually light week, they may be pretty picky about who they let in. Enjoy the long sailing!

There has been much talk on how crowded the suite lounges have been lately and how suite guests themselves have been turned away. Unless it's an unusually light week, they may be pretty picky about who they let in. Enjoy the long sailing!

SL on Oasis class is very large. Even when busy we never had any issues with seating in either CK or lounge. CK was busiest at nights. It will be interesting to see if the JS for dinner affects this, but lunch and breakfast were very quiet.

Only CL we ever had issues with getting seats was Jewel. That was because the CL was for suites and D+ and it was really small. That will be alleviated with the dry dock.

Thanks!

Your friends can invite you to join them for a dinner in Coastal Kitchen. Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen each have an entrance but once inside are one big room. Access to the Suite Lounge and complimentary drinks is only for those with a Gold Card and does not include friends of those who are sailing in a Suite.

Oasis is an amazing ship. Enjoy all she has to offer....

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Your friends can invite you to join them for a dinner in Coastal Kitchen. Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen each have an entrance but once inside are one big room. Access to the Suite Lounge.......and complimentary drinks is only for those with a Gold Card.

Oasis is an amazing ship. Enjoy all she has to offer....

They are more likely to be welcomed during lunch when it is quieter. That being said most tables are for 4 or more. It is little inconvenience if they are sharing a table as to whether there are 4 at the table or only 2:)

Edited by Spurschick

They are more likely to be welcomed during lunch when it is quieter. That being said most tables are for 4 or more. It is little inconvenience if they are sharing a table as to whether there are 4 at the table or only 2:)

Understand about table size. We've enjoyed CK on more than one ship. I think they're hoping to be able to go to the Suite Lounge with their friends......and that's a different story.

Your friends can invite you to join them for a dinner in Coastal Kitchen. Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen each have an entrance but once inside are one big room. Access to the Suite Lounge and complimentary drinks is only for those with a Gold Card and does not include friends of those who are sailing in a Suite. ..

Sorry I have to disagree with you on this. (Time of day is a BIG factor in this)

Will not elaborate too much.;)

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor

You can certainly go to your friends' suite any time they invite you.

Going to "suite only" functions elsewhere with them is a NoNo.

On our sailing there was a large family that had the gls booked. 2 in the GLS, all the children and grandchild in non suites. They were welcomed to every event including the complimentary suite exclusive tours. If the concierge says yes then all good. It is, at the end of the day, dependent on the staff.

It is at the staffs discretion as to who is allowed to do what. There is never any harm in asking if it is quiet and it is not preventing someone else from obtaining what they are entitled to.

Edited by Spurschick

Why isn't this a double standard?

D and D+ cannot bring friends into the lounges, yet suities can? Has RCCL created a new caste system? What's next... will suite guests and their friends be given priority lifeboat access? Yikes!

D and D+ cannot bring friends into the lounges, yet suities can? Has RCCL created a new caste system? What's next... will suite guests and their friends be given priority lifeboat access? Yikes!

It seems to me that cc is the judge, jury and executioner.

No new system

Different sailings, different number of C&A levels, different number of people frequenting all lounges.

Discretion of staff at given times may vary with the above parameters taken into consideration.

Who actually says a D or D+ cannot bring a friend into a DL or D Club.

Is it in writing anywhere

I am sure people have, people will and those folk have probably never even heard of cruise critic.

And some on cc have probably done so as well.

All is really trivial

Before I even knew about cc, I used to wear my flip flops and bathrobe in the DL every morning to get coffee.

Now I know all the rules because of cc, I now wear my slippers instead:D

Edited by PompeySailor

There are a lot of double standards. It's like saying why are children allowed in SL at all times with parents yet not the DL? Our DD is D+ in her own right so should theoretically have no issue getting in the DL in her own right but isn't allowed on most ships because she is a minor. She could argue that she has more right to be there than those that are D given how much she has sailed.

PS not arguing just making a point:)

Edited by Spurschick

Exactly!!

So my parents were in an Owner Suite and my sister's family of 6 were in a Royal Family Suite, does that mean that the rest of our party of 20 should have been allowed in the Suite Lounge?

###

Edited by PhoenixCruiser

Exactly!!

So my parents were in an Owner Suite and my sister's family of 6 were in a Royal Family Suite, does that mean that the rest of our party of 20 should have been allowed in the Suite Lounge?

###

YES!

RFS gets Suite Lounge access anyways!

As for the other 20, a few at a time would not of hurt anyone

Edited by PompeySailor

Exactly!!

###

If they had asked they probably would have allowed a few at a time.

I think this is root of a lot of the misunderstandings in the Great Suite versus Diamond+ debate.

These are completely incomparable concepts.

One is loyalty/rewards scheme which has grown to a stage where it has taken on a life of its own. Where cruisers brag about spending Zero on their onboard account whilst squirrelled away in a inside cabin. Looking down their noses at others whilst simultaneously denying those who have paid for it access to their facilities (I know the vast majority are probably not like this but there's too much written here for it to be a figment of the imagination).

The others is an elevated service level which guest pay for contemporaneously, rather than some notional idea of accumulated loyalty equating to a stake in the company.

Mind you, it doesn't sound fair to let folk into to lounge if it deprives those who've paid for it access. Nothing to do with any perceived slight on the expectations of those in a loyalty program.

I think this is root of a lot of the misunderstandings in the Great Suite versus Diamond+ debate.

One is loyalty/rewards scheme which has grown to a stage where it has taken on a life of its own. Where cruisers brag about spending Zero on their onboard account whilst squirrelled away in a inside cabin. Looking down their noses at others whilst simultaneously denying those who have paid for it access to their facilities (I know the vast majority are probably not like this but there's too much written here for it to be a figment of the imagination).

The others is an elevated service level which guest pay for contemporaneously, rather than some notional idea of accumulated loyalty equating to a stake in the company.

Mind you, it doesn't sound fair to let folk into to lounge if it deprives those who've paid for it access. Nothing to do with any perceived slight on the expectations of those in a loyalty program.

Nail on the head (hammer) :D

Like I said, no harm asking if it doesn't impede on anyone else receiving what they should. If there was an issue the concierge would say no, not allowed. If no issue then the concierge will say yes, even though it might be restricted to a one off.

Oh and I don't misunderstand the suite vs d+ issue.;)

Edited by Spurschick

Like I said, no harm asking if it doesn't impede on anyone else receiving what they should. If there was an issue the concierge would say no, not allowed. If no issue hen the concierge will say yes, even though it might be restricted to a one off.

Oh and I don't misunderstand the suite vs d+ issue.;)

I totally agree. I would have absolutely no issue with this. We are on holiday after all!

As long as no one is losing out why should I bother about the concierge applying bespoke demonstrations of excellent service to others regardless of the class of cabin.

I just appear that it's the Diamonds are the ones crying foul about their perceived loss.

I totally agree. I would have absolutely no issue with this. We are on holiday after all!

As long as no one is losing out why should I bother about the concierge applying bespoke demonstrations of excellent service to others regardless of the class of cabin.

I just appear that it's the Diamonds are the ones crying foul about their perceived loss.

I have an idea

Maybe RC could do like AA do, one day lounge passes for those not paying suite prices to experience what the $$$ have paid for.

$50 for an AA Admirals lounge day pass

$50 for an SL/CL day pass

Hope RC don't read this and get any ideas on this though:eek: