Drink Package

kdkcruiser

My apologies if this has been asked and answered!

We are on the Caribbean Princess British Isles cruise next month and were fortunate enough to get the beverage package included. We have recently had the beverage package on Celebrity sailings and are wondering if the Princess beverage package is the same? Is there a cap on the price of individual drinks? Example - think Celebrity was about $8.00 Secondly we love our wine at Vines before dinner - does the package allow us to have wine there? If we go over the $ limit can we just pay the difference?

Thanks for any information!!:):):)

I believe the cap is 10.00 per drink. No real limit on amount you drink, but anything ordered over set amount per drink allowed is paying total cost. If you order say a JW blue, you pay full price, not the difference. On bottles of wine you get 40% off price.

Edited by Coveguy4

The cap on drink prices is $10us and under, which covers virtually everything on the shop, with exception of a few wines/champagnes by the glass, a few scorches, etc. You'll not be lacking in options: soda, fresh juices, milkshakes, bottled water, non-alcoholic cocktails, alcoholic cocktails, wines by the glass, beers, shots, etc.. It is good in every bar and restaurant. Does not apply to room service or mini-bar. No limit on how many drinks a day, except of course if you're overly intoxicated or causing problems. Packages are per person, one drink at a time and no sharing.

My apologies if this has been asked and answered!

We are on the Caribbean Princess British Isles cruise next month and were fortunate enough to get the beverage package included. We have recently had the beverage package on Celebrity sailings and are wondering if the Princess beverage package is the same? Is there a cap on the price of individual drinks? Example - think Celebrity was about $8.00 Secondly we love our wine at Vines before dinner - does the package allow us to have wine there? If we go over the $ limit can we just pay the difference?

Thanks for any information!!:):):)

Yes, you can have wine by the glass at Vines, or any other location on the ship providing the cost is $10 or under. Drinks by the glass are not supposed to be shared. You can purchase wine by the bottle, up to $100/bottle, and get a 40% discount. This wine can be shared. By the way the $10 is the base price, not the price + grat.

Don't know the answer to the "price over the limit" question". But, except for some special malt scotchs and other whiskeys almost all drinks are under $10.

This is all good, thanks! Really happy we can go to Vines every night for a pre-dinner glass of wine. We have been spoiled by Celebrity recently but looking forward to returning to Princess and all that we love about them!

Yes we both received the beverage package.

Received as a promotion or you both bought a package? I think the question was if there's 2 people in a cabin do they both have to buy it (if it wasn't given as a promotion). The answer is no. If you have one drinker and one non-drinker in the same cabin, the non-drinker doesn't have to buy the package if the drinker does.

Now it would be against the rules for the package buyer to get drinks for the non-package buyer.

does everyone in the cabin have to purchase the package?

We have had over 50 days with the AIBP this last winter. We have witnessed a lot of shenanigans regarding only 1 AIBP sticker for a couple. On the Royal they have four bars almost within eye shot of each other in the piazza. People buy drinks for others, one at a time or use the spouses card that has a sticker and then have a hard time explaining why the Mr./Mrs doesn't match up. The bartenders know whats going on and sometimes confront them but even then they rarely enforce it.

It's all about the sticker or at least it was on the Royal as recently as last Feb.

Yes, the bartender will want to see your sticker and your 4 digit #, which is not necessary after you get to know them. In February we bought 4 AIBP's, two for ourselves and two for our adult boys (different cabins) all on one card for billing. There was no tie between their accounts and ours.

Their stickers worked fine and later when I went down to have PSD to have errant charges taken off I asked about it and she said "it's all about the sticker" and not the 4 digit #.

So this means people can reuse old stickers. Yes they come off and can be reapplied. They do alternate colors for B2B.

I don't know if this is abused but there is potential.