Does Carnival have rule on being back in port 30 minutes or 1 hour before departure?

Sigyn

Does Carnival have a rule about being back in port at a certain time before departure? And if so, what is it? 30 minutes or 1 hour?

They request that you be back onboard 30 minutes prior to your sail time.

Does Carnival have a rule about being back in port at a certain time before departure? And if so, what is it? 30 minutes or 1 hour?

To play it safe, be back on board 45 minutes to an hour before departure time. Seems like there's always someone running up just as the gangway is about to be pulled away. Don't be that person. Someone may take a video and post it on youtube. :eek:

The "time back on board" probably is more dependent on the shore services people than anything else - that's the port workers that do up lines, pull the gangway back, disconnect any shore services lines, etc.

Just one of those "read the sign on you way off the ship" and don't try to second guess what "time to be back on board" really means. We all have stories about "pier runners," - I've seen "spring breakers" in golf carts speeding down the pier barely making it, etc.

It varies by port; however, it is normally 30 minutes.

Whatever it is, be there by then. Don't be that person :eek:

The all aboard time will be posted in the Fun Times -- read it. It will be posted on the gangway as you depart the ship -- remember it. It doens't matter if there is a standard '30 or 60' minute rule. The rule is whatever time is stated by the captain on that day for that port!!

Edited by Sauer-kraut

There's no rule. It's a common sense recommendation and sage advice. But no rule.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't think that is true. They post a time in the fun times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't think that is true. They post a time in the fun times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I know that. But there's no way to enforce it as a rule. It's the time you are supposed to be back. But if you don't, they can and will leave you. I think people do sometimes think the ship will wait no matter what. They won't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

To play it safe, be back on board 45 minutes to an hour before departure time. Seems like there's always someone running up just as the gangway is about to be pulled away. Don't be that person. Someone may take a video and post it on youtube. :eek:

I play it safer than that, I get back 2 hours before:eek:

Sadly, I have sat on my balcony and watched WAY to many pier runners - though I am not sure what good that does when the lines are lifted, the horn has sounded and we are pushing off the dock.... Talk about a way to ruin your vacation.

My advice is know your ports. Tender ports - never push it close. The lines can get huge. This is the one advantage to booking through the cruiseline - they are not going to leave you on a ship excursion if you have remained with your tour. We waited one time in Belize and were 1.5 hrs late because a CCL had not made it back to the tender. We had tablemates that had done a private excursion there and had everything go wrong that could from a miscalculation of time to broken transportation. They were lucky and made that tender with the CCL tour. Had they not, see you in Hondouras...hopefully they were smart enough to have their passports with them....

Then there are ports that have piers - Grand Turk couldn't be shorter if it tried. You can be drinking on the sand and take a 5 min walk right up to the line minutes before departure. Nassau on the other hand is HUGE and you may have quite a long walk - and this is often the place I see the pier runners. As others have said, don't be THAT person....:cool:

The all aboard time will be posted in the Fun Times -- read it. It will be posted on the gangway as you depart the ship -- remember it. It doens't matter if there is a standard '30 or 60' minute rule. The rule is whatever time is stated by the captain on that day for that port!!

This.. always..

We hate the long line getting back on so we almost always go back an hour (at least) early.

It only takes one time watching a "runner" to remember. Make sure you stay on ships time also.

The funtimes generally says a half hour. In my experience, the signage as you're exiting the ship is usually in line with that. I aim for an hour because I'm terrible with time & don't want to get left behind. *knocks on wood* So far that method is good. I've never been back less than 45 mins prior to sailing.

we aim for an hour before departure because I hate standing in lines! have seen people left behind and have had ships wait for their shore excursions that were late and once for a passenger that was taken to the ER from the ship, but I don't want to be one of the runners.

Beverly