No Check Mark in my threads

So in the example you posted, I see check marks:confused:

To the left of the thread title - are those the check marks you mean?

If that is what you mean, like I said before. They disappeared for me if I marked the forum as read and if I sorted the threads differently. That is in the upper left corner.

If they are to the right, that means you have posted in that thread.

You could try clearing your cache and deleting cookies in your browser. Also log out of CC and log back in.

Edited by MNfamilycruiser

So in the example you posted, I see check marks:confused:

To the left of the thread title - are those the check marks you mean?

If that is what you mean, like I said before. They disappeared for me if I marked the forum as read and if I sorted the threads differently. That is in the upper left corner.

If they are to the right, that means you have posted in that thread.

You could try clearing your cache and deleting cookies in your browser. Also log out of CC and log back in.

in the thread "games with pricing", the ck in the thread to the right. It's an old thread that I posted in. Lately none of my posts have it

I've never seen this check mark anywhere. I've gone back and looked at threads I've started and threads that I've posted in and it does not show up in any of them.

That's odd, I see them on next to every thread name that has unread posts.

Update!!!

Go into your user control panel

scroll down to messages and communications

Under default thread subscription mode

select no email notification

was previously set on do not subscribe.

Now from this point on you'll see a check for every post you've started or replied on

Update!!!

Now from this point on you'll see a check for every post you've started or replied on

:D Ah! Yes, that is how mine is set as well - except for my roll call. Glad you figured it out. You must have changed it recently.

I thought it meant you could subscribe to that thread. That's what it says at the bottom of the screen...I've never clicked on one because if I post a reply then, I'm subscribed anyway.

Edited by Terre

Update!!!

I've always just looked for the downward arrow in the left column, the one to the left of your "Tired of all the games with pricing" thread. That tells me every thread I've commented. Obviously if I started the thread, I've commented in it so I'm covered that way too.

That's odd, I see them on next to every thread name that has unread posts.

And now we know why you see it and I don't. Your settings in the User CP must be different than mine.

Update!!!

And now we know why you see it and I don't. Your settings in the User CP must be different than mine.

I'm still not sure we are talking about the same indicator. I'm talking about the checkmark right next to the name of the thread. I think others are talking about the downward arrow that means you have a post in that thread.

I'm still not sure we are talking about the same indicator. I'm talking about the checkmark right next to the name of the thread.

I think others are talking about the downward arrow that means you have a post in that thread.

That is funny - until you posted this, I always saw the indicator immediately to the left of the thread title as a checkmark.

But it is a downward arrow - it indicates there are new posts in that thread that you have not seen. If you hover over either indicator it tells you what it is for.

The one to the left of the title (downward arrow firstnew.gif ) - says "go to first new post"

The one on the far right of the title "cell" , same location as the attachment icon appears (checkmark subscribed.gif) - says "you are subscribed to this thread".

Since I do not post in, or even look at many threads I have many, many downward arrows and very few checkmarks. :D

That is funny - until you posted this, I always saw the indicator immediately to the left of the thread title as a checkmark. But it is a downward arrow - it indicates there are new posts in that thread that you have not seen. If you hover over either indicator it tells you what it is for.

The one to the left of the title (downward arrow firstnew.gif ) - says "go to first new post"

The one on the far right of the title "cell" , same location as the attachment icon appears (checkmark subscribed.gif) - says "you are subscribed to this thread".

Since I do not post in, or even look at many threads I have many, many downward arrows and very few checkmarks. :D

Do you see the downward arrow (thread_dot_hot.gif) on the far left that signifies that you have posts in a thread? That's what I meant by "downward arrow" in my previous post.

Edited by clarea

Do you see the downward arrow (thread_dot_hot.gif) on the far left that signifies that you have posts in a thread? That's what I meant by "downward arrow" in my previous post.

No, for me the downward arrow just means there are posts in that thread that I have not seen. Like I said, I have those on nearly every thread there is. They all disappear if I use the Forum Tools button and "mark this forum as read".

Never mind - we are talking about different downward arrows! The one you are referring to is in a different column on the very far left. The one I am referring to is in the column with the title - it is just to the left of the title. The one the OP was referring to was the checkmark that is to the far right of the title "cell/column". I can see why people are getting confused.

... Never mind - we are talking about different downward arrows! The one you are referring to is in a different column on the very far left. The one I am referring to is in the column with the title - it is just to the left of the title. The one the OP was referring to was the checkmark that is to the far right of the title "cell/column". I can see why people are getting confused.

OK, thanks for taking the time to explain it to me. I got the feeling we were talking about different arrows/checkboxes.

I'm still not sure we are talking about the same indicator. I'm talking about the checkmark right next to the name of the thread. I think others are talking about the downward arrow that means you have a post in that thread.

I see the downward arrow on the left, always have. I do not see the check mark on the right, never have.