Stateroom for 3

AprilJ

Hello all, I am planning a October 2017 cruise for husband, son and myself. I'm on the fence between Oasis of the Seas and Disney's Fantasy. I'm looking at either an Oceanview or a Balcony on the Oasis but all of the rooms say Max Occupancy is 2. Why is that? Would I have to book a suite? Thanks in advance!

Hello all, I am planning a October 2017 cruise for husband, son and myself. I'm on the fence between Oasis of the Seas and Disney's Fantasy. I'm looking at either an Oceanview or a Balcony on the Oasis but all of the rooms say Max Occupancy is 2. Why is that? Would I have to book a suite? Thanks in advance!

There are many staterooms that can handle 3 guests.

What sailing date are you looking at and what kind of stateroom are you interested in?

I thought that was a bit confusing too, but if you look at the deck plans you will see that some have a triangle or a square, for instance. We are booked on Oasis 3 people in an ocean front balcony. I got 6276, which has a pullman bed that comes down from the ceiling (our preference), but most have the sofa bed.

I put 2 adults and 1 child. I then selected Oceanview and got max 2....then selected Balcony Ocean and got max 2. We plan to sail Oct 8th, 2017.

If rooms came up that means they sleep 3. If they only slept 2 nothing would show as available.

It's just another RCI website issue.

I put 2 adults and 1 child. I then selected Oceanview and got max 2....then selected Balcony Ocean and got max 2. We plan to sail Oct 8th, 2017.

If I choose "Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Large Balcony", it gives me 8204, which will hold 4 people because it has a two-person sofa bed.

If I choose "Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony, the dumb website gives me a guarantee.

So in the first case, one of the pages said capacity:2, but it gave me a stateroom that would hold 3 or 4.

I think the website is very confusing, and you might be better off calling Royal to get your options.

Thanks for the answers. I have been trying to book a cruise with 5 of us and every time the staterooms come up they have a per person charge for 3 but say max occupancy 2

If you are trying to book one cabin for 5, you need to call, you can't book that online. You might want to look into booking two connecting cabins instead of one cabin, gives you an extra bathroom and is sometimes cheaper than the family cabins.

Thanks, I will give them a call. 👍

That will work, but booking online will as well if that is your preferred method.

We had the same issue, and were able to book three cabins online.

2 of the cabins for 3 and the other for 4. Inside, outside and balcony-all of which were listed as max 2 people! It was no big deal.

Thanks for the answers. I have been trying to book a cruise with 5 of us and every time the staterooms come up they have a per person charge for 3 but say max occupancy 2

Want a pair of connected oceanview cabins? One for three and one for two?

3638 & 3640

3210 & 3212

3630 & 3632

3602 & 3604

3618 & 3620

Edited by Merion_Mom

LOTS of available cabins.

At least 25 Boardwalk View Balcony Cabins

At least 25 Central Park View Balcony Cabins

At least 25 D1 Oceanview Balcony Cabins

At least 25 D3 Oceanview Balcony Cabins

At least 25 D4 Oceanview Balcony Cabins

Sometimes even if a cabin has beds for 3 or more due to the number of life vests and boats they can not fill that cabin to capacity. So the cabin may show it sleeps three but if the rest of that particular section already has so many bodies in it they will not continue to book to cabin capacity but to lifeboat capacity. It's best to call your travel agent or the cruise line directly if you have a very specific need. Good luck

If rooms came up that means they sleep 3. If they only slept 2 nothing would show as available.

It's just another RCI website issue.

Exactly.

If it shows available when you selected 3 people, you are good to go.

Not sure why the website says 2, but I have seen it. Just a glitch.

April, my email address is in my signature. Just click to send me an email.

:)