Epic Thermal Spa

Automation

I am thinking about going on the Epic. Trying to decide between a spa balcony or reg balcony. I love the thermal spa on the Getaway and Breakaway.

My question is how does the Epic Spa compare to the Away class ships. I have looked online at the videos, but was looking for some info from someone with first hand experience.

Thanks!:)

I am thinking about going on the Epic. Trying to decide between a spa balcony or reg balcony. I love the thermal spa on the Getaway and Breakaway.

My question is how does the Epic Spa compare to the Away class ships. I have looked online at the videos, but was looking for some info from someone with first hand experience.

Thanks!:)

Me too, I always take the spa thermal suite package. I am wondering about the EPIC how crowded it is etc. ON my last cruise on the Jade it has been my least favorite by far, nothing quiet about it or relaxing for that matter..too small, too crowded..I saw videos of the epic spa online and it looks really nice.

The Epic thermal suite is very similar to the Away ships. It does not have a salt bath, but does have an aft facing balcony so you can go outside and enjoy the warm breeze. (Been on the Epic 5 times, BA 2 times, GA 2 times, Escape 1 time - each time with a thermal suite pass)

Unlike the Away class ships, the Epic has large windows in the saunas so you can watch the waves as you enjoy the saunas (something they brought back on the Escape, but smaller windows).

Edited by BirdTravels

These are a few pics from the spa on the Epic , I know a few are at a weird angle ,I'm not very computer savy! We enjoyed iur spa day but ad a problem witpth the lockers ie when we came backbfrom lunch our lockers had been assigned to another guest and our stuff was moved.I had an ipad and other valuable stuff in my locker so I was not happy.I would leave everything in your cabin!

1461891260841.jpg.334cea9cecc9ec30cb10125f8744fbbc.jpg

1461891282489.jpg.641721da131d377574998841a3237287.jpg

1461891308981.jpg.c6fb3ec62e408d8506a61373526056a6.jpg

1461891330342.jpg.6cb8aa1ae66c43f36b0986b97c8195ea.jpg

1461891360376.jpg.38bf7d28a7827b27dc535e701f19d1ce.jpg

1461891385505.jpg.119474d376202f34454f4d50c3ee5285.jpg

1461891409640.jpg.c65b7ab82ffb8171ba0975fcc1e6b5f3.jpg

1461891437194.jpg.dc4a8725de4f3925c9eddc5d9fbb1225.jpg

1461891491031.jpg.d9901ce64ce8f0c7a15cd61b4b1b8dec.jpg

Thanks to all for the info! :D

Depending on prices, I will look into a spa Balcony or spa mini.

I think you will be happy with the decision. For my first NCL cruise I chose the Getaway and it was the largest ship I had sailed to date. I was very unsure how comfortable I would be with that many people and started planning how to avoid the crowds from day one.

I decided to book a spa balcony reasoning that only a couple hundred or so would be available, that could be my hideaway (next NCL ship name anyone? :p). As it turned out I upgraded into a Haven Spa Suite but the reasoning was sound and even though we had the Haven to get away to it was really nice to have the spa for a plan B. We used plan B a lot. :D

Edit: We booked a spa balcony for our Epic sailing next March.

Edited by vicocala

The Epic TS has been my favorite so far on NCL! It is very spacious and lots of different pools/"activities" to try out both in the separated rooms and the unisex area. Worth every cent and then some!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just to agree that the spa on the Epic is much larger and with more facilities than the Jade (which is a lovely ship).

We used the spa nearly every day of our week on board. Never crowded.

I booked on line in advance and that was a good bargain £176 I think for the week for 2 of us, not each!!!!

The lockers can be "locked" by using your own code. The attendants give every user a card with the locker number on and you make up your own code. Not sure how the same locker was allocated twice.

All in all the spa was a great way to get the day off to a great start.

Enjoy!!!!!!

• 9 months later...

I will be sailing on the Epic in May and am contemplating purchasing the TS package now ... what are the hours of the spa? I have never purchased a spa package before and wonder if I will use it enough but in other threads I have read that if you use it at least 5 times you have gotten your money's worth ... I am sure I will use it at least that many times, depending on the hours of operation. It does look very relaxing.

Edited by AZ Lady

I will be sailing on the Epic in May and am contemplating purchasing the TS package now ... what are the hours of the spa? I have never purchased a spa package before and wonder if I will use it enough but in other threads I have read that if you use it at least 5 times you have gotten your money's worth ... I am sure I will use it at least that many times, depending on the hours of operation. It does look very relaxing.

You won't regret it. I was very hesitant and decided not to. Fortunately, we got the special they offer when all the passes don't sell out for the last few days. I wish I would have booked it from the get go.

• 2 years later...