New to Celebrity - Dining package question.

leaveitallbehind

We are experienced RCI cruisers who will be on our first Celebrity cruise this summer. Wondering if the Celebrity dining packages are ever offered on board at a discount as they sometimes are with RCI, or if it is better to purchase them and make the reservations in advance. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

was on my first celebrity cruise last month. on embarkation day, celebrity was offering a package of all three specialty restaurants, murano, silk harvest and tuscan grill, for only $99. this may be a standard practice but i can't say for sure. also, it seems like every day there was a discount for 20% or 30% off on a specialty restaurant. i would wait until you're on the ship.

Yes, dining packages are offered on board. As has been said, you can also get discounts when the restaurant is not fully booked. We have often gotten 50% off and did, just recently on Millennium in Q-sine.

Thanks for the answers. I had heard similar comments before but appreciate the first hand knowledge. Pretty similar to what happens on RCI. So we certainly won't pay any more on board than pre-cruise and may likely pay less. And it doesn't sound like reservation availability will be an issue either.

Thanks again.

Yes, dining packages are offered on board. As has been said, you can also get discounts when the restaurant is not fully booked. We have often gotten 50% off and did, just recently on Millennium in Q-sine.

Jealous - we have never been that lucky. On our last cruise was only able to get 20% off at Tuscan even though when we ate the restaurant was literally only half full.

On our last cruise, discount specialty restaurant deals were even offered during the morning rush at Oceanview at 50% off.

There were also offers during the random sales tables allover the ship. Shirts, watches, sunglasses and specialty restaurant discounts.

• 4 months later...
I read..on the fiirst night on Celebrity..ship ..there is no :)cover charge for the spécialité restaurant.....Is it true or false....

False. You can typically get a 30% discount.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you want to, you can purchase a premium dining package which includes all of the specialty restaurants for dinner and 1 for lunch for a price. When we were on the silhouette, 2 years ago, the cost equaled out to $25 per meal. That was a great deal so we decided to do it. You can only get it on board on embarkation day. It gives you a chance to experience the wonderful food![emoji39]

If you want to, you can purchase a premium dining package which includes all of the specialty restaurants for dinner and 1 for lunch for a price. When we were on the silhouette, 2 years ago, the cost equaled out to $25 per meal. That was a great deal so we decided to do it. You can only get it on board on embarkation day. It gives you a chance to experience the wonderful food![emoji39]

This is the first time I've read about this one - any recent experiences on this one?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Voici ce que j'ai trouvé....see what i read...on CRUISE CRITIC...

15 Cruise dining Hacks

2. Don't miss doorbuster dining sales.

Although closing out your cruise with an upscale meal at a specialty restaurant might seem like a nice idea, it's actually better (and cheaper) to kick off your cruise in one of these alternative venues. Many cruise lines offer breaks and bonuses associated with specialty dining on the first night of your sailing.CELEBRITY and Royal Caribbean give first-night diners a break on the per-person cover, while Carnival is known for offering a free bottle of wine to cruisers who spend their first dinner chowing down in the onboard steakhouse

It is called the Ultimate dining pkg and is $29.00 + 18% grat per person, per day. Only sold on ship and in very limited numbers.

i READ THIS ON Cruise Critics......

2. Don't miss doorbuster dining sales.

Although closing out your cruise with an upscale meal at a specialty restaurant might seem like a nice idea, it's actually better (and cheaper) to kick off your cruise in one of these alternative venues. Many cruise lines offer breaks and bonuses associated with specialty dining on the first night of your sailing. CELEBRITY and Royal Caribbean give first-night diners a break on the per-person cover, while Carnival is known for offering a free bottle of wine to cruisers who spend their first dinner chowing down in the onboard steakhouse