Packing Cube Advice Needed

I have the TravelWise set off of Amazon. I have a Teal and Purple set. I have used them on cruises a few times now and really like them. I thought I would never need them, but I am definitely a convert now.

http://www.amazon.com/TravelWise-Packing-Cube-System-Weekender/dp/B00HHBR008/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461944866&sr=8-1&keywords=Packing+cubes

If you want super-cheap ... er, inexpensive ... do what I do.

I save those plastic zippered bags that blankets, sheets, curtains, etc, come in, and use those as packing cubes.

They work very well, they hold a lot, you can easily see what is in each cube, and they wash out very easily.

Lol lady chew I like that option too may do a combo as I'm trying to travel with just two carry on pieces for this trip. It will be my first attempt at traveling light even though I have to add a cpap machine...luckily that doesn't count since its medical equipment other than something I have to lug around with me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have the TravelWise set off of Amazon. I have a Teal and Purple set. I have used them on cruises a few times now and really like them. I thought I would never need them, but I am definitely a convert now.

http://www.amazon.com/TravelWise-Packing-Cube-System-Weekender/dp/B00HHBR008/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461944866&sr=8-1&keywords=Packing+cubes

Thanks! I had seen those on Amazon and they had good reviews, but there is so many on Amazon so I still wasn't sure. I'll definitely keep these in mind!

I have the e bag ones. However I've heard that ikea has a super cheap set of four packing cubes of various sizes

I would have never even thought about looking at Ikea. I'll have to go check those out, and read some reviews about them.

If you want super-cheap ... er, inexpensive ... do what I do.

I save those plastic zippered bags that blankets, sheets, curtains, etc, come in, and use those as packing cubes.

They work very well, they hold a lot, you can easily see what is in each cube, and they wash out very easily.

That is genius! I'm going to keep that in mind for the future.

Lol lady chew I like that option too may do a combo as I'm trying to travel with just two carry on pieces for this trip. It will be my first attempt at traveling light even though I have to add a cpap machine...luckily that doesn't count since its medical equipment other than something I have to lug around with me.

Good luck at packing light! I'm the absolute worst at it. On the last cruise I went on my suitcase ended up being over 50 lbs on the trip back home, and we had to rearrange our luggage to get my suitcase under weight. I promised my family that I will not do that again, and hopefully packing cubes will help!

Cubes won't help with weight. As a matter of fact they add a touch.

Cubes are good for being organized.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Cubes won't help with weight. As a matter of fact they add a touch.

Cubes are good for being organized.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oh I know. But my hope is that by using packing cubes, I'll be more organized and won't overpack, because I will have put more thought into what I'm bringing.

I cruise with two rolling carry-ons. One is a 21 inch and the other is a 19 inch. I can not believe what I can fit into to the bags. I still bring too much. We drive to the port, so I could take more, but I like to get off the ship early and with these bags I do early walk off.

I do use a folder, that I got from Eagle Creek. I love it. This month I gave my cousin's son some Eagle Creek folders. I am waiting to hear from him when he get back from his trip to see how he liked them.

I didn't notice the folders helping me save space but maybe because I've always been an over packer. I'm traveling with a 21 and 14 inch so hoping that helps me limit myself, at least going. I'm still pretty sure I will have more than I need but I'm also packing a tote for the trip back so that when I shop I have options returning the 21 inch also expands so it can return as a checked bag

• 2 weeks later...

I travel only with packing cubes as it keeps everything organized and cuts down on wrinkles. Nothing gets lost or jumbled in the suitcase and so easy to toss in a drawer or on a shelf when settling into a room or hotel! I have them in many shapes and sizes but my favorites are the Rick Steves ones that breathe and expand. Wouldn't travel without them!

https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/p/packing-cubes

Love my ebags packing cubes. They keep everything organized including my electronics cables/cords/etc. I have several sets as well as Eagle Creek envelopes but I don't use these as much as the cubes. I use them all in my checked bag, carry on bag & my backpack I use as a personal item for plane travel.

• 3 weeks later...

I all ready have packing folders. But, today I brought some cubes. Eagle Creek was having a sale, plus free shipping. I brought two sets and a tube. I hope they work. The three piece sets were $22.36 each.

http://shop.eaglecreek.com/packit-cube-set/d/1322_cl_2541

http://shop.eaglecreek.com/packittubecube/d/1345_c_461

Edited by geocruiser

I have several sets (don't remember brand) that I bought at TJ Maxx. I bought them originally when traveling for work with just carryon luggage. I really like them for lingerie, leave the items right in the cube & put in the drawer. I really really like that TSA doesn't paw thru my stuff anymore!

Edited by awhfy

I have several sets (don't remember brand) that I bought at TJ Maxx. I bought them originally when traveling for work with just carryon luggage. I really like them for lingerie, leave the items right in the cube & put in the drawer. I really really like that TSA doesn't paw thru my stuff anymore!

I was also thinking about leaving my stuff in them and putting the cube in the draws . I think it will work out fine because the opening is large for the cube.