Crib for a toddler

Does anyone know if RCCL has a "full sized" portable crib? I understand that they only have portacribs available. We are going on Anthem in June and she is looking to rent one if not on the ship. She did call and CS told her that people rent them.

She has two other children in the suite with her and they will use the pull out couch.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Does anyone know if RCCL has a "full sized" portable crib? I understand that they only have portacribs available. We are going on Anthem in June and she is looking to rent one if not on the ship. She did call and CS told her that people rent them.

She has two other children in the suite with her and they will use the pull out couch.

Thank you.

RCI's pack-n-plays are 36" long ... so yes a normal size porta crib...bring your own fitted porta crib sheet it will fit perfectly. Just have the request for the p-n-p put in your reservation (no charge) and it will be in your cabin when you arrive (or shortly after delivered by your cabin steward).

We have used them on our last two cruises with toddler grandchildren and they worked out great.

Thank you.

Here is the link from the Royal website with sizes and height and weight restrictions

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&snav=2&faqId=321&faqSubjectId=334

Here is a photo

http://www.portsofcall.co.uk/royal-caribbean-independence-seas-7-month-old-review/3/

RCI's pack-n-plays are 36" long ... so yes a normal size porta crib...bring your own fitted porta crib sheet it will fit perfectly.

My daughter has one booked for our family cruise next March, but I'm wondering about the sheets. According to the information provided in c-legs5's link, sheets are provided, yet Ashland says to bring your own. Is this because they DIDN'T provide the sheets or because they weren't fitted? Thanks in advance for any information.

My daughter has one booked for our family cruise next March, but I'm wondering about the sheets. According to the information provided in c-legs5's link, sheets are provided, yet Ashland says to bring your own. Is this because they DIDN'T provide the sheets or because they weren't fitted? Thanks in advance for any information.

Perhaps some ships have the fitted ones but our RCI Radiance didn't and we knew that ahead of time...I would bring your own just in case and we made sure to bring colored/print pattern ones so they wouldn't be mistaken for the ships. If your ship doesn't have fitted ones (and chances are they won't) they will just wrap a regular sheet around the p-n-p pad. We put our fitted sheet over/around the top of this to give more comfort...as those pads are pretty flat ;)

Also no need to go by RCI's criteria on size...you will know if your child will fit...no one is going to weigh or measure your child...our toddler's fit fine.

Edited by Ashland

Perhaps some ships have the fitted ones but our RCI Radiance didn't and we knew that ahead of time...I would bring your own just in case and we made sure to bring colored/print pattern ones so they wouldn't be mistaken for the ships. If your ship doesn't have fitted ones (and chances are they won't) they will just wrap a regular sheet around the p-n-p pad. We put our fitted sheet over/around the top of this to give more comfort...as those pads are pretty flat ;)

Also no need to go by RCI's criteria on size...you will know if your child will fit...no one is going to weigh or measure your child...our toddler's fit fine.

Thanks Ashland, most helpful. I'll let my daughter know. :)

I just got off the allure with my 10 month old. They do not have dedicated sheets for the p-n-p. They use flat sheets. We brought our own because my son is used to being on fuzzy sheets. Also another tip that we used very successfully is to bring magnets to hang sheets from the ceiling to make a wall around the crib so you don't have to worry about light I. The room. Just make sure they don't hang it too tight to the ceiling if it's in front of the air vent (warm room and cold baby)

Thank you everyone for the information. I will pass this along to my daughter. She was hoping for a bigger crib since my grandson will be 2 in June and he is a big boy. They may have to put him in the bed.

Happy Sailing,

Thank you everyone for the information. I will pass this along to my daughter. She was hoping for a bigger crib since my grandson will be 2 in June and he is a big boy. They may have to put him in the bed.

Happy Sailing,

When our toddler was too big for the PNP we took a blow-up toddler airbed with us (we were driving to the port) which is the size of a full size crib. We didn't end up using it because to save space we found we could turn the small sofa seat round to the wall and use that. However if you already have a sofa bed that won't work for you.