Price for unlimited internet, is website wrong?

uptowne001

According to threads, the Celebrity website has not updated their pricing to go with the new X-Cellerant...or whatever it is called. Supposed to be $199 for 14 nights.

It said $299. Hate to try to buy it, thinking it might actually end up lower, then it really does cost $299 and I'm screwed. :rolleyes:

did you put it in your cart? it seems the advertised price is the old, higher price but once you put it in your cart, it drops to the new price. If it does not, wait until you are onboard to purchase.

It said $299. Hate to try to buy it, thinking it might actually end up lower, then it really does cost $299 and I'm screwed. :rolleyes:

Wait until you get on board to sign up for it and find the "true" price. That way, you can use your OBC to purchase.

We are not elite on celebrity but are select which lists a 25% internet discount. Would that apply to the $199 internet fee for a 14 day cruise?

I'm sure it would. The Elite was 30%, and Elite + 35% discounted.

did you put it in your cart? it seems the advertised price is the old, higher price but once you put it in your cart, it drops to the new price. If it does not, wait until you are onboard to purchase.

Same for me... the CruisePlanner shows 299 in the ad. As soon as you click "buy" the price changes to the 199 minus Captain´s Club discounts.

steamboats

A bit off subject, I found the old internet too slow to be useful as about 5 minutes were used just trying to log in each time. How fast is the new internet?

Same for me... the CruisePlanner shows 299 in the ad. As soon as you click "buy" the price changes to the 199 minus Captain´s Club discounts.

steamboats

Not me. CruisePlanner shows 299 for my June 7 night cruise. Click "buy" and is added to my cart - still 299. Not even an Elite+ discount.

Wasn't planning on buying it anyway as we'll wait till onboard so we can use OBC. But was just curious....

Mike

A bit off subject, I found the old internet too slow to be useful as about 5 minutes were used just trying to log in each time. How fast is the new internet?

Speedtest screenshots others have posted has shown it around 13.5Mbps down and 6.5 up.

Speedtest screenshots others have posted has shown it around 13.5Mbps down and 6.5 up.

wow! you may even be able to stream with that! the upload speed is faster than i have at home!

wow! you may even be able to stream with that! the upload speed is faster than i have at home!

Some services, with good buffering, would stream OK, but it is satellite based service so latency is still high. I'd expect some jerkiness.

• 1 month later...

Hi. We're off on the Celebrity Eclipse soon and my wife and i both have a tablet.

Is it feasible for us to share an unlimited package if we simply log in one at a time?

We're also taking the mother in Law who also has a tablet that she'll use very infrequently. Could she also use the same package to collect her emails?

Is it simply a case of only using one device at a time with no restriction on the number of devices that use it?

I have a phone and a tablet and it would be nice to connect both just to update emails etc.

Thanks! :-)

Hi. We're off on the Celebrity Eclipse soon and my wife and i both have a tablet.

Is it feasible for us to share an unlimited package if we simply log in one at a time?

We're also taking the mother in Law who also has a tablet that she'll use very infrequently. Could she also use the same package to collect her emails?

Is it simply a case of only using one device at a time with no restriction on the number of devices that use it?

I have a phone and a tablet and it would be nice to connect both just to update emails etc.

Thanks! :-)

You can share the package. Just log the other device off. You can actually kick the other device off when you log on if the other device is logged in. And yes the mother in law can use it too if you give her the password and user name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Elite discount isn't applied online you have to speak to them on board, what they do is take your free 90 minutes coupon and apply that to the full price. If you don't want unlimited then you still get the free 90 minutes (elite)

If your ship is equipped with the new faster internet then the price will show lower once added to the cart, if it's the same price then it's not had an upgrade, but unless you are buying it only a few days before you sail then it's possible that it will be upgraded by the time you sail.

So if you have any captains club discounts you need to wait until you are on board to apply them against the price.

We were on the Reflection for most of May and had the unlimited internet the whole time, speeds were excellent :)

• 2 weeks later...
You can share the package. Just log the other device off. You can actually kick the other device off when you log on if the other device is logged in. And yes the mother in law can use it too if you give her the password and user name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wonderful! Thank you. :-)

Good question because the process may have changed with the implementation of the new internet. Previous (1/16 for me) we had to go to the cafe to get the Elite plus discount on the unlimited internet option. I believe they gave us a code. If we just wanted to 240 minutes we could do it on line. Since many more people are now adapt to upgrade to the cheaper and better internet I would hope they improve the process.

Yes, it is.

It is my understanding to get the Elite or Elite Plus unlimited internet discount it must be done once onboard. We each get 200 plus free minutes. I wanted the unlimited. So I online I bought the unlimited package for a 12 night cruise for $199. Today I changed my booking from 123go to Best get all 4 perks. For very little money we both now have unlimited internet and we went from classic to premium drink packages. Now I have to get my $199 credited back to my credit card. Love it when a plan comes together.

If you get unlimited internet via the BBB package, is it two internet packages or one? Not that it's a big deal but it would be nice if we could both use it at the same time.

I wouldn't use internet enough to pay for it beyond the 90 free min, but if it's free, I'll probably use it.

We just booked back to back 21 day on Equinox in Sept 2017 with FREE internet. 300 shipboard credit, all taxes and gratuities and premium drink package. his is Oceanview and higher

that certainly makes "unlimited internet" an uninteresting option for good/better.....the cost is far less than gratuities or OBC.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining....just making an observation.

I agree especially if only one of the two passengers traveling together use the internet service

I just tried to purchase and the price was £186 which at today's exchange rate is 243 dollars. The price didn't change and I didn't see any Captain's Club discount. We are going at the end of this month for 14 nights on the Eclipse.

I will wait until I am onboard if the price is £199 dollars for 10 nights and above. I should get my Captain's Club discount and my own credit card company will give me a better exchange rate than Celebrity.

Edited by Little Nell

If you get unlimited internet via the BBB package, is it two internet packages or one? Not that it's a big deal but it would be nice if we could both use it at the same time.

I wouldn't use internet enough to pay for it beyond the 90 free min, but if it's free, I'll probably use it.

It's two internet packages. Under go big you get a choice of one of the following. Drink package, Paid gratuities, $300 OBC or internet. Depending on what you spend on drinks would determine whether you take the OBC or the drink package I would opt of the $300 OBC if you don't think that you will utilize the drink package and then use the OBC to buy unlimited internet on board. The other option would to do the math and see if the go better option that offers a choice of two perks works out to cost less. Make no mistake that there is nothing free it's all built into the fare. It takes some serious thought and computational skills to figure out what the best plan is for your personal needs

Edited by Iamcruzin

Book an OCEANVIEW or higher on any of the NEW

Celebrity Equinox cruises below

during our LAUNCH EVENT this week

and receive:

- Exclusive "Launch Sale" Rates

PLUS,

Your Launch Price INCLUDES these

"BEST" perks below:

(A value over $ 2300 per cabin for a 7 nt. cruise!!)

A PREMIUM Beverage Package for TWO

(A value of $ 76.70 per person/per day, includes all gratuities)

&

Pre-Paid Gratuities for TWO

(A value of up to $ 17.00 per person/per day)

&

$ 300 Shipboard Credit per cabin

(Based on Double Occupancy)

&

An Unlimited Internet Package for TWO

(A value of up to $ 349 per person)

© 2016 Microsoft Terms Privacy & cookies Developers English (United States)