Fort Laud Air Show 2016 May 7-8 (also Fleet Wk)

royalcruz

http://fortlauderdaleairshow.com/

http://browardnavydaysinc.org/2013-fleet-week-schedule

For those of you in town next weekend you might enjoy these events. For those of you trying to get to your cruises, if your hotel offers a shuttle that might be the most economical way. If you take a taxi, you might get a high fare for being stuck in traffic.

We were out last night on the boat and went over to the port. Of course the police will not let you get close to the boats but it was still cool seeing them.

Forgot to sign up for the ship tours. Really pissed at myself for that.

We are going to anchor out offshore Saturday to watch the airshow. So excited about that!

Traffic will be very heavy no matter if you take a taxi, shuttle, or Uber. Gallery One is on Sunrise Blvd, which is the main road to the beach and the main viewing area for the air show.

Plan to leave the hotel early enough to allow yourselves plenty of time.

Fleet Week/Air Show Traffic Advisory

Cruise passengers and Port tenants/customers may experience occasional traffic delays due to the many activities associated with Fleet Week, May 3-8 at Port Everglades, and the Fort Lauderdale Air Show, May 7-8 on Fort Lauderdale beach.

Motorists and cruise passengers are advised to add extra time to their travel plans and avoid using the Port's entrance at Eisenhower Blvd. and Southeast 17th St. The Port's other two entrances are located at Eller Dr./I-595 and Spangler Blvd. (State Road 84)/Federal Hwy.

For more information on Fleet Week activities, visit browardnavydaysinc.org. To learn more about the Fort Lauderdale Air Show, visit fortlauderdaleairshow.com.

Fleet Week/Air Show Traffic Advisory

Cruise passengers and Port tenants/customers may experience occasional traffic delays due to the many activities associated with Fleet Week, May 3-8 at Port Everglades, and the Fort Lauderdale Air Show, May 7-8 on Fort Lauderdale beach.

Motorists and cruise passengers are advised to add extra time to their travel plans and avoid using the Port's entrance at Eisenhower Blvd. and Southeast 17th St. The Port's other two entrances are located at Eller Dr./I-595 and Spangler Blvd. (State Road 84)/Federal Hwy.

For more information on Fleet Week activities, visit browardnavydaysinc.org. To learn more about the Fort Lauderdale Air Show, visit fortlauderdaleairshow.com.

Traffic is already backed up and bad.

The jets were doing flyovers and practicing yesterday and people were stopping their cars in the middle of the street to watch which was causing traffic jams on Las Olas.

I can't imagine how bad Sunrise and 17th Street are going to be tomorrow.

They were so loud that I could not hear my tv in my house!

Edited by BlueHerons

Blue, it took me an extra 10 minutes to get down Bayview today at Sunrise Blvd. I turned west on Sunrise, and there was no traffic going that way. East of there was madness. I think that it will be very easy to get from Gallery One to the port or airport down US1 because it's the opposite way of the traffic. If anyone tried to get to Gallery One or any beach hotels today it would not be fun.

Edited by royalcruz

Blue, it took me an extra 10 minutes to get down Bayview today at Sunrise Blvd. I turned west on Sunrise, and there was no traffic going that way. East of there was madness. I think that it will be very easy to get from Gallery One to the port or airport down US1 because it's the opposite way of the traffic. If anyone tried to get to Gallery One or any beach hotels today it would not be fun.

The boat traffic was insane. We got out early about 10:30 but by noon there were at least 10,000 boats out there. Coast Guard and police made the big yachts park parallel to the beach about three miles offshore about two miles wide and the smaller boats were west to east on either end. Like a big rectangle with the sand being one side.

Coming back in, I've NEVER seen as many boats on the water. Never. It was crazy.

My cats are going nuts today with all the noise.