Retreat Cabanas - Zuiderdam

Jellifer

Hi all,

Just booked onto a 17nt collectors cruise leaving on Dec 11th and am interested in booking a retreat cabana. Does anyone have a floor plan and recommendations on which are good to book? Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks

My personal favorite is the starboard side Family Retreat Cabana (Costa del Sol). We have it reserved again for 15Feb. If you only have 2 persons sailing the extra space is worth it IMO.

Dennis

Hi all,

Just booked onto a 17nt collectors cruise leaving on Dec 11th and am interested in booking a retreat cabana. Does anyone have a floor plan and recommendations on which are good to book? Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks

I can't help with personal experience as we were not bar to get one when we were on Zuiderdam but if you do a quick search online you should be able to find a floor plan.

I can't help with personal experience as we were not bar to get one when we were on Zuiderdam but if you do a quick search online you should be able to find a floor plan.

Agree. A search here will find some links. The floor plan should be the same, or very close to the floor plans for Noordam and Oosterdam. You will also find a few threads about how some people like the aft facing cabanas, and some like the side facing cabanas.

We like the aft facing cabanas, so that you can get a breeze. However, I wouldn't book one beside the center stairs, because anyone walking up can look directly into your cabana. The problem is that on each ship the stairs are not all in the same location.

My family had two Retreat cabanas on the Zuiderdam last summer. Have also had cabanas on the Noordam and Eurodam. We always reserve a corner family cabana and a two person cabana down the side right next to it.(the Costa Del Sol and the Santorini) The corner family cabanas are expensive but in my opinion soooo worth the money. As far as I can recall, the Zuiderdam Retreat layout seemed the same as the other two ships. The two person cabanas facing aft do get a little too windy when the ship is moving, again in my opinion. The staff and service we received on the Zuiderdam, was the best we had experienced. Whatever you choose I think you will enjoy it immensely. Have a great cruise!

HAL called me back and I was able to book a retreat cabana for the full 17 days. :)

They weren't able to provide a floor plan but I had one that someone had posted on here so I've noted my preference. Strangely the UK said they couldn't give me a receipt or any booking confirmation as it had been booked as through their gift system but I emailed the US and they sent a confirmation email straight back.

Very much looking forward to relaxing on board!