Royal/Regal balcony questions

cwtravel

We were in E110 on the Royal in January, and we heard absolutely nothing from the theater.
We were in E109 on the Regal and we heard nothing from the theater in our cabin. However we heard sounds from the theater as we walked from our cabin to the elevators/stairs and at times it was quite loud. Just one of my noise irritations on the Regal [emoji45] Edited by IECalCruiser

We have E108 booked for a 20 night sailing and are really looking forward to the larger balcony and sofa in the cabin. Only slightly, slightly concerned it may get noise from the theater - but the trade off would be worth it to us. And yes, much less expensive than even the orher obstructed view balconies, let alone standard ones.. Hoping it's as great as it looks in the pictures we've seen! Looks like plenty of space for an Ultimate Balcony Dinner at least once!!

There is no noise in the cabin or on the balcony at all. You can have a balcony dinner service for 8 or more in that cabin! The little sofa is great although it took away a bit of counter space. We punted and it worked. Also convenient to the piazza and all it has to offer! Enjoy and let us know what you think! I could care less about noise in the halls; I don't sleep there and frankly didn't notice anything either.

There is no noise in the cabin or on the balcony at all. You can have a balcony dinner service for 8 or more in that cabin! The little sofa is great although it took away a bit of counter space. We punted and it worked. Also convenient to the piazza and all it has to offer! Enjoy and let us know what you think! I could care less about noise in the halls; I don't sleep there and frankly didn't notice anything either.

The location is perfect for us, especially in evenings as we usually close down the club and head to International Cafe for late night/early morning snacks - both of which are orward on Royal Class - so perfect to stumble on back to the cabin, just a few flights of stairs!

Thanks for the info on noise - could care less about it in the hallways either, especially if it's the show noise - as we won't be in our hallway during showtime - we'll either be at the show, or at another activity.. Looking forward to the huge balcony!

Thanks all for the confirmation and information!!

We usually book an aft/corner cabin on Caribe deck. We love the Ruby but not available for our next cruise so we are booked in cabin D329 on the Regal in October. Any info about this cabin will be appreciated. Is the balcony covered, full or partial? We prefer a full covered balcony but neglected to check it out this time prior to booking. thx

We usually book an aft/corner cabin on Caribe deck. We love the Ruby but not available for our next cruise so we are booked in cabin D329 on the Regal in October. Any info about this cabin will be appreciated. Is the balcony covered, full or partial? We prefer a full covered balcony but neglected to check it out this time prior to booking. thx

It's fully covered.

The Regals balcony so are smaller than the grand class. I've stayed in L222 and the two chairs barely fit on the balcony. Beware too of the balconies on the front of the ship. You cannot use them when the ship is sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To get a bigger balcony you need either a full suite or a deluxe balcony cabin. We were in a mini suite and the balcony is small. This has been one of the biggest complaints of the Royal class ships.

Premium balcony cabins are the large ones in the aft.. The Deluxe Balcony is a small one like the regular balcony. There are some near the center that have more space but then there is the curve of the ship issue that some don't care for.

We had a Deluxe on our last Regal Cruise and it was a small balcony The next Regal cruise we will be in L102 which is the larger obstructed Deluxe Balcony.

To get a bigger balcony you need either a full suite or a deluxe balcony cabin. We were in a mini suite and the balcony is small. This has been one of the biggest complaints of the Royal class ships.

This is incorrect.

The cabins mid ship over the Promenade have larger balconies on every deck and in every category. You can have an oversized balcony on regular cabins as well as mini-suites and deluxe balconies.

You can also find bigger balconies forward and aft facing.

We know E503 has an obstructed view, but are the balcony doors locked on sea days? One of the diagrams shows a symbol that indicates this type of closure. However, the rep at princess has no knowledge of this. Anyone with experience?

We know E503 has an obstructed view, but are the balcony doors locked on sea days? One of the diagrams shows a symbol that indicates this type of closure. However, the rep at princess has no knowledge of this. Anyone with experience?
The only cabins with that note are forward facing cabins on Marina and Lido decks.

The cat DZ deluxe balconies have the note:

"Balcony access when in port only."

The cat M6 mini's have the note:

"Balc access limited while ship is at sea."

We were on the Royal for the transatlantic last month. Because I knew from a past cruise that the regular balconies are really small we took a chance on booking in the bulkhead (that's way up front) on Emerald Deck. We were in cabin E110 and the balcony is huge. It is sold as a partially obstructed view deluxe balcony cabin so was one of the least expensive balcony cabins. The obstruction is that the balcony rail is not glass so you can't see through it. Fantastic view when you stand at the balcony rail. It is partially covered so you can sit out there in less than perfect weather. E111 on the starboard side is the same size and there are 4 cabins forward of those with slightly smaller balconies. I was concerned about the motion being so far up front, but even though we did hit some rough water the ship is so stable that we hardly felt it. Just a choice you might look at.

I have E110 booked for the Royal TA this fall. Can't wait! :D

Can you move back a little into D407, D408, D409, D410, D411, or D412? All are Deluxe Balconies that on my sailing (not until October 2017) are only $30/person more than D329. The advantage to those cabins is they have much deeper balconies than other cabins. On the deck plans you can see how much deeper those balconies are. There are also some aft Deluxe Balcony cabins that have oversized balconies.

I disagree. We have been in cabins with bigger balconies on both the Royal and Regal, midship with no obstructions. If size matters, just check the deck plans for a larger balcony.

The balcony on our regal cruise was an insult to balconies, you couldn't even sit with the chair facing the rail, also opening the sliding door would hit the back of 1 of the chairs. If you want a decent balcony avoid the Royal or the Regal

The balcony on our regal cruise was an insult to balconies, you couldn't even sit with the chair facing the rail, also opening the sliding door would hit the back of 1 of the chairs. If you want a decent balcony avoid the Royal or the Regal

I had a large balcony on the Regal. I didn't have to avoid the beautiful Regal and Royal.

Most of the balconies on the "hump" are at least sixty square feet. We were in D424 on Royal and it is more than 65 square feet. Four to six people could easily sit on that balcony. We are in R429 on Royal this coming January, and I expect the balcony to be at least 65 square feet or greater.

Can you move back a little into D407, D408, D409, D410, D411, or D412? All are Deluxe Balconies that on my sailing (not until October 2017) are only $30/person more than D329. The advantage to those cabins is they have much deeper balconies than other cabins. On the deck plans you can see how much deeper those balconies are. There are also some aft Deluxe Balcony cabins that have oversized balconies.

Thanks Cindy, I will call our TA tomorrow and see about changing. Not that we really need a large balcony but we are spoiled from aft corner cabins on the Ruby. Thx again. bob

Edited by 19woody19

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with E122 or equivalent on the Royal?

Not first hand experience, but here's an excellent site to see cabin picture and info - looks like a very standard balcony cabin with minimal obstruction when looking straight out: https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

The only cabins with that note are forward facing cabins on Marina and Lido decks.

The cat DZ deluxe balconies have the note:

"Balcony access when in port only."

The cat M6 mini's have the note:

"Balc access limited while ship is at sea."

Trust me, the balcony access is NOT limited. We had L106 last year on the Princess and the door was never locked. Wind was never an issue. Loved it so much that we snagged L108 for spring break next year (that's the corner forward facing mini). It's a nice enough cabin that we're most likely going to ditch our sailing on Royal Caribbean and go on Princess instead..