Club World Owners Suite Journey post refurbishment

Antonintassie

Hi

We are taking our first Azamara Cruise HK to Singapore in Dec and have suite 6091 .Most of the pictures online are renderings or pre refurbishment.

Does anyone have any recent feedback on these suites I have never sailed in a stern cabin before and expect some extra noise .

We are travelling with our 19 year old son and are really looking forward to trying a smaller ship and experiencing Asia.

Kind Regards

Anton

Hi

We are taking our first Azamara Cruise HK to Singapore in Dec and have suite 6091 .Most of the pictures online are renderings or pre refurbishment.

Does anyone have any recent feedback on these suites I have never sailed in a stern cabin before and expect some extra noise .

We are travelling with our 19 year old son and are really looking forward to trying a smaller ship and experiencing Asia.

Kind Regards

Anton

I seen some the Bathroom and it us very nice.seperate tub and shower now. Never slept in one. Storage is great. Nice huge balcony is wonderful.

I've just been in CW 7119 following refurbishment and have stayed in them before so it was a good chance to compare. They are very nice cabins with good space and a very large balcony.

The bathrooms have been completely redone and knocked into one (there used to be the main bathroom and second toilet and washbasin). They have very attractive tiles, a walk in shower, soaking tub, basin area, toilet and second basin. The living area has new storage cupboards and drawers and a huge Samsung TV. The bedroom too has new cupboards and drawers too and lots of storage and the same huge TV. There is now a sliding solid door between living area and bedroom as opposed to a curtain like before.

I had some issues with my cabin which should be sorted by the time you go. Firstly the walk in shower leaked really badly because the lip is too low and there are gaps in the glass door. We had quite rough seas for a while and the doors in the living area would open and bang shut until I thought to put a dining chairs in front of it. There is no full length mirror in the cabin except for inside one of the wardrobe doors and it's not well positioned. There is no magnifying mirror in the bathroom like other cabins and as I have one at home I missed it. These are easy to rectify and hopefully that will be done soon.

Other design elements. Whilst the bathroom looks nice it does not have any storage whatsoever, so all of your "stuff" is spread around on open shelves or around the sink. The lighting in the cabin is poor and doesn't reflect images in the renderings. They have put a mirror over a dressing table area in the bedroom, but it doesn't have a light and is in a dark corner so it's really not great. The wardrobes do have lights in them which is good. Each suite has been given a place name on the cabin door plate and a picture on the living room wall to reflect this. Mine was Miami and had a black and white picture of the Miami skyline at night.

So overall I was a bit disappointed, having seen the renderings. It didn't match up to the billing. I'd read about a new sound system and was excited that there may be some nice speakers for when the TV was on or docking station, but there wasn't. However as I said the space is really nice and balcony really great. On deck 6 it is the largest of the balconies. They gradually get a little smaller on the decks above.

My experience of vibrations in these cabins has been very dependent upon the speed you are doing and which deck you are on. Slower speed and higher decks have less vibration. You'll hear noise when you are docking as they get ready and the whirring of the rope motors, but it's really not that much of an issue. If it's rough then you will feel more movement. Hopefully your sea days will be ok.

I'm afraid I didn't take any photos of the cabin and sorry I've rambled a bit, but hope that helps. If you have any other questions please ask and I'll try to answer.

Phil

We were in 6088 on the same Atlantic crossing as Phil, and had sailed in an Owern's Suite twice before, both times before the dry dock. Phil's description is as thorough and as honest as can be, the good points as well as those not so good. I have just a tiny bit to add: We did experience quite a bit of vibration noise and there were a couple of nights when the noise disturbed our sleep. We were told that the vibration is less on higher decks and definitely less in other parts of the ship. I am not as optimistic as Phil about the chances of fixing the shower since I think it will require a re-bulid. But I agree with him that just about all of the other issues can be resolved if Azamara is committed to fixing them. But on the whole, I do not think that I would book and pay for an Owner's Suite in the future until the improvements are made. We will return to AZ, but probably in another type of cabin or suite.

Thank You Phil

Does the bathroom have one or two entry doors and from which part of the cabin ?

Interesting about the lack of an audio docking station etc. We often like to listen to music rather than have the TV going I might need to bring some small Bluetooth speakers and play music from my laptop.

Bathroom storage is also interesting although in most cases both myself and son have our odds and ends banished to a wardrobe.

The sliding door is pleasing we have has this feature on Celebrity and have found it works well for us.

Kind Regards

There are two entry doors to the bathroom. One from the living area and one from the bedroom. There is another sliding door in the bathroom that can be closed off so that the toilet and washbasin are separated from the bath, shower and other washbasin. The shower is a very good size. There are two shelves in there, one low and one eye level. There are two hooks on the back of the bathroom door and I hung my wash bags up there for some extra storage of small items.

A Bluetooth speaker was exactly what I took as I knew before I left that there wouldn't be any kind of audio set up in the cabin.

Phil

We're just back from Quest and stayed in 7119, taking a few photos so I'll aim to post them over the weekend once we're unpacked...

largely agree with all that's been said, although the large balcony is an absolute winner for me.

I've just been in CW 7119 following refurbishment and have stayed in them before so it was a good chance to compare. They are very nice cabins with good space and a very large balcony.

The bathrooms have been completely redone and knocked into one (there used to be the main bathroom and second toilet and washbasin). They have very attractive tiles, a walk in shower, soaking tub, basin area, toilet and second basin. The living area has new storage cupboards and drawers and a huge Samsung TV. The bedroom too has new cupboards and drawers too and lots of storage and the same huge TV. There is now a sliding solid door between living area and bedroom as opposed to a curtain like before.

I had some issues with my cabin which should be sorted by the time you go. Firstly the walk in shower leaked really badly because the lip is too low and there are gaps in the glass door. We had quite rough seas for a while and the doors in the living area would open and bang shut until I thought to put a dining chairs in front of it. There is no full length mirror in the cabin except for inside one of the wardrobe doors and it's not well positioned. There is no magnifying mirror in the bathroom like other cabins and as I have one at home I missed it. These are easy to rectify and hopefully that will be done soon.

Other design elements. Whilst the bathroom looks nice it does not have any storage whatsoever, so all of your "stuff" is spread around on open shelves or around the sink. The lighting in the cabin is poor and doesn't reflect images in the renderings. They have put a mirror over a dressing table area in the bedroom, but it doesn't have a light and is in a dark corner so it's really not great. The wardrobes do have lights in them which is good. Each suite has been given a place name on the cabin door plate and a picture on the living room wall to reflect this. Mine was Miami and had a black and white picture of the Miami skyline at night.

So overall I was a bit disappointed, having seen the renderings. It didn't match up to the billing. I'd read about a new sound system and was excited that there may be some nice speakers for when the TV was on or docking station, but there wasn't. However as I said the space is really nice and balcony really great. On deck 6 it is the largest of the balconies. They gradually get a little smaller on the decks above.

My experience of vibrations in these cabins has been very dependent upon the speed you are doing and which deck you are on. Slower speed and higher decks have less vibration. You'll hear noise when you are docking as they get ready and the whirring of the rope motors, but it's really not that much of an issue. If it's rough then you will feel more movement. Hopefully your sea days will be ok.

I'm afraid I didn't take any photos of the cabin and sorry I've rambled a bit, but hope that helps. If you have any other questions please ask and I'll try to answer.

Phil

Hi Phil,

I circulated your post among the senior Hotel management. They are/will be looking into the issues you mention.

Thank you for the feedback!

Thank You for all the feedback

We are looking forward to our first Azamara cruise we came close to booking this trip before but flew across the world and spent 14 wonderful days on the Celebrity Eclipse in the Caribbean.

The HK to SNG itinerary Azamara Journey cruise looks like a great trip.

We were in 6088 on the same Atlantic crossing as Phil, and had sailed in an Owern's Suite twice before, both times before the dry dock. Phil's description is as thorough and as honest as can be, the good points as well as those not so good. I have just a tiny bit to add: We did experience quite a bit of vibration noise and there were a couple of nights when the noise disturbed our sleep. We were told that the vibration is less on higher decks and definitely less in other parts of the ship. I am not as optimistic as Phil about the chances of fixing the shower since I think it will require a re-bulid. But I agree with him that just about all of the other issues can be resolved if Azamara is committed to fixing them. But on the whole, I do not think that I would book and pay for an Owner's Suite in the future until the improvements are made. We will return to AZ, but probably in another type of cabin or suite.

Hi again tv24. We booked the Owners Suite but in 8088, hoping the vibration isn't too much (for one of us at least!)...I'm a light sleeper anyway and tend to just get up and read or enjoy the veranda.

Thanks for your feedback (and Phil's / others here). We're looking forward to our suite in October.

Hi Mermen: We've sailed in an Owner's Suite on Deck 7 and there was definitely less vibration above deck 6. And we had friends in 8088 during the April crossing and they reported less vibration than we had. Happy sailing and enjoy your private retreat with all that sumptuous space!