Live from the summit

Grandma Rambo

Hello

We are on the second leg of a B2B on the beautiful Summit. We arrived in Bermuda last night and docked around 8:00, about 12 hours early, because of a medical emergency. Taxis were already lined up, as was the trolley. So everyone got an extra night in Bermuda.

Last week I noted they were selling both one and two-day transportation passes.

The ship is as beautiful as ever and the entire crew delightful. The new Tuscan menu is delicious. The decor, however, leaves much to be desired. Very plain.

If you insisted on my giving a negative about the ship/cruise it would have to be the pizza. Not what we remember. Otherwise, the food, entertainment, and service are top-notch. While it's true there are not as many choices on the MDR menu, there are certainly enough to satisfy anyone.

All the negatives we read before the cruise just do not exist for us. In fact, we booked same cruise as last week (PR to NJ) for next year.

Happy days,

Jennie

Did Captain Kate sail upriver to the Statue?

Thanks!

Good question. I wonder if they got special permission again this year to do that. I know RCCL Anthem does not do it, nor did Liberty or Explorer.

Also are they just selling the transportation passes or can you also buy individual tokens?

Thanks for posting. Have a great day.

We are ready!!!

Please take care of the ship (Ha Ha).

Our last Cruise to Bermuda was 5 years ago, just before Aqua was added. Deck 8 Left Rear on the Summit (first Cruise on Celebrity Horizon May 1995). My Retired Camera Hobby has taken a few jumps since then. The wife even started a Travel Photo Webpage last week (loads of requests).

Captain's Club, finally make Elite third day out!

18097594833_8179b36a43_b.jpg

18525925545_70be6e6520_b.jpg

17868086304_c6fb708373_b.jpg

18525686505_f431493503_b.jpg

CaptDave

Hello...

If you insisted on my giving a negative about the ship/cruise it would have to be the pizza. ......

Jennie

Oh no, no that.:eek:

Might have to cancel our cruise now.:rolleyes:

The worst pizza I have ever had on planet earth was that of RCI.

Tomato sauce on the cardboard would have been a bit better.

Think I will be able to manage.

Appreciate you posting, looking forward to the Summit in June.

Not this time. Could have been due to heavy fog when the ship left?

bosco

Thanks! Hopefully she will be able to this week. Our last Summit cruise out of Bayonne, she was unable to due to a sailing regatta :eek:

DSCF6183%2024%20X%2036.jpg

Oh no, no that.:eek:

Might have to cancel our cruise now.:rolleyes:

The worst pizza I have ever had on planet earth was that of RCI.

Tomato sauce on the cardboard would have been a bit better.

Think I will be able to manage.

Appreciate you posting, looking forward to the Summit in June.

Going on the Summit Oct. 2nd from NJ....hope we go past Lady Liberty..

Pizza? Don't mean to be disrestpectful....but I'm from Long Island, NY and I have to ask: who in their right mind would order pizza on a cruise ship? :eek: :D

Going on the Summit Oct. 2nd from NJ....hope we go past Lady Liberty..

Pizza? Don't mean to be disrestpectful....but I'm from Long Island, NY and I have to ask: who in their right mind would order pizza on a cruise ship? :eek: :D

Agreed.

I am from Philly, and I have to check out the pizza in other parts of the world just to see how bad it can be.:eek:

One thing I will never do, is order a cheesesteak anywhere outside of the Philly Metro area. Never.

Will be following this thread closely, waiting to hear any info about the Summit and Bermuda!

Can't wait for August to get here so I can once again enjoy being aboard this little gem of a ship and visiting one of my favorite islands!

If possible, can you post the current menu in Bistro on Five. It supposedly changed again!

Thanks for posting your comments about the Summit. Please keep us informed of what's happening on the ship and in Bermuda. Leaving May 15th for this cruise. First time on Celebrity and first time to Bermuda; very excited!

Any suggestions or tips greatly appreciated. We are Aqua Class so that will be a totally new experience with dining in Blu!

Enjoy your cruise and keep posting!

We are ready!!!

Please take care of the ship (Ha Ha).

Our last Cruise to Bermuda was 5 years ago, just before Aqua was added. Deck 8 Left Rear on the Summit (first Cruise on Celebrity Horizon May 1995). My Retired Camera Hobby has taken a few jumps since then. The wife even started a Travel Photo Webpage last week (loads of requests).

Captain's Club, finally make Elite third day out.

CaptDave

I think...correct me if I'm wrong....you make Elite after you return from your cruise.

I think...correct me if I'm wrong....you make Elite after you return from your cruise.

Yes, you are correct points are only awarded after you have completed your sailing. They do not reward points and/or upgrade status part way through a cruise.

We will be on the Summit this summer...

BTW- Princess pizza is really good....so I had a feeling Celebrity would not be as good...but a week without good pizza is doable in light of all the other ship choices!! :)

How is the gelato on Summit?

Bernadette