Junior Suite Guarantees - How does it work

I have never done a cabin guarantee before. Typically my sister and I always reserve an accessible cabin. Unfortunately there weren't any available so we've put a deposit on a Junior Suite guarantee. We're cruising on Navigator in August to Spain and France. It was a good price and the guarantee price was significantly lower than selecting a cabin directly.

I was told it could take up to the day before we leave before we have a cabin assigned. Is that typical?

I'm assuming that a Junior Suite is comparable in size to a typical Accessible balcony cabin. We know my sister's scooter will fit and she seems comfortable with no getting an accessible cabin.

Any tips are welcome.

You could receive your cabin assignment any time from RIGHT NOW until you check in at the pier. It's unpredictable.

You are guaranteed to get "at least" a JS. There is a small chance that you will get something bigger. ;) (a very small chance :D )

I booked my first JS guarantee yesterday. By the time I added my reservation to my online account, I had an assigned suite. That is probably not the norm, perhaps it is because I'm within 50 days of sailing.

We reserved our first JS guarantee a year and a half ago. They assigned our cabin right away. There was nothing wrong with the location, but we called that night to switch cabins. No problem switching. Just wanted to let you know that if you get an early assignment, switching is possible!!

You mention your sister has a scooter, be aware that the door to the bathroom may be narrow and the shower is over the bath. The bath has higher sides than a normal bath so it may be a struggle. Also the door to the cabin may not be as wide as an accesible cabin.

A JS, while a lovely cabin, is NOT handicapped accessible... Step into the bath...high-sided tub....a step over the balcony door frame....

Unless someone is ambulatory, this is not a good choice.

Thanks for the replies. She's aware of the tub in the JS, lip on the balcony, etc. I think I'm more stressed about it than she is :).

Fortunately she's totally ambulatory. She never uses the scooter in the cabin. Typically she walks with a cane and only uses the scooter when she has to walk any distance. Luckily she uses a Luggie, which is a collapsible scooter. Even if she can't drive it into the cabin, when it's folded up it's the size of a carry on suitcase.