Hyatt Place in FLL

We are staying at the Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale. I know that the hotel will pick us up from the airport but I'm unsure of the best way to get to the port from their. Anyone stayed here before?

Would also love recommendations for restaurants in walking distance from the hotel.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are staying at the Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale. I know that the hotel will pick us up from the airport but I'm unsure of the best way to get to the port from their. Anyone stayed here before?

Would also love recommendations for restaurants in walking distance from the hotel.

Thanks!!!

Uber!

Are you referring to the Hyatt Place - 17th St. Convention Center location? We have stayed at this location and the hotel had a sign up sheet for a shuttle to take us to the port. It was very easy and inexpensive.

We did not find this to be the best location in terms of walking places. Down the road is a strip mall that had (I believe) a sports pub, grocery store etc. Further down 17th Street are restaurants but we ended up renting a car for a day and driving to those.

There's allot going on in that area, we stopped at a place called Quarterdeck off Cordova. It's within walking distance and they had a good lunch. http://www.quarterdeckrestaurants.com/menu/food-menu.html

The best deal for us has been renting a car at the airport. Gives you freedom to roam and a free shuttle to the cruise terminal upon return. Saw your taking the kids, its a easy ride to see the alligators and to the beach.

Edited by ppmanusa

We always stay and love the location! Places in theatric mall Come and go. Heard there's a pretty good one in there currently. Very convenient with the grocery store across the street. They just call a cab for us. They have a shuttle u have to pay for now. Have to sign up and the eArlier times to go book quickly. We always leave about 10. Enjoy... The port is close!

We're staying at Embassy Suites which I think is across the street from Hyatt Place near 17th st.

Just to let you know that there's a Total Wine within walking distance.

I know we'll be paying a visit there before our cruise.;):)

Just stayed there about a week ago. Just have them call a cab for you. The cab came in about 10 minutes. The port is really close....I think it cost us $15.00 with tip. On the way into the port, everyone must show their ID.

If you're a fan of Mexican food, Carlos & Pepe's is a great place … probably a 5 - 10 minute walk from the Hyatt Place. And … their top-shelf Margarita kills!

AG

Totally agree!! Depending on how much time we have, we like taking the trolley ($1/per person) down to the beach area. With Publix, Total Wine, and Carlos & Pepes there isn't much more we would need. We also love to walk to we will generally walk down to the 17th Street bridge and watch the ships in port.

HyattPlace, Embassy Suites & Extended Stay America are all in a short span on 17th street. We have stayed at them all and just look for the least expensive for a particular precruise night or two.

We stayed there last year, and it was nice enough, the breakfast was good. The shuttle was more expensive than a taxi and far less convenient. We walked to the main road and a couple of blocks under the highway overpass to a Cuban restaurant which was good. There are two Hyatts there a Hyatt Place and a Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport and cruise port we stayed at the Hyatt Place both looked similar. The Cuban place was a joint, but it was very good. Called Las Vegas Cuban Cuisine. It seemed very popular with a big crowd on a Friday night.

JC

We stayed at the Hyatt Place near 17th. We thought it was a great location. Right across the street from Publix, TJ Maxx and a bunch of restaurants. We ended up eating at Gilbert's and it was great!

We love Gilberts. Great place for soups and excellent burgers.

As MM stated there are two Hyatt Places in Fort Lauderdale. If you are at the 17th Convention Center there are many places within walking distance, here are a few.

http://www.ftlauderdaleconventioncenter.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining/local-restaurants.html

We went to Duffy's bar for a small meet n greet prior to our cruise and loved the place......

Skip

Totally agree!! Depending on how much time we have, we like taking the trolley ($1/per person) down to the beach area. With Publix, Total Wine, and Carlos & Pepes there isn't much more we would need. We also love to walk to we will generally walk down to the 17th Street bridge and watch the ships in port.

HyattPlace, Embassy Suites & Extended Stay America are all in a short span on 17th street. We have stayed at them all and just look for the least expensive for a particular precruise night or two.

What did you think of Extened Stay. Almost stayed there this time.

Also, depending on time of the year, you may be able to get a discount thru valuetrips.com...I paid 99.00 for our upcoming trip in September.

If you don't stay there, as we always do, there's Embassy Suites across the street I've heard good things about. Don't think they have free shuttle from the airport??? Depends on what's important to you. But 17th street location is great.