Gangway on Pride collapses

LMaxwell

on facebook they said that the ship actually hit it, not that is collapsed.

Where was that reported? I have been looking for information.

How can the ship hit the gangway? the gangway is extended to meet up with the ship after it has been docked. The ship doesn't stick over land...

Where was that reported? I have been looking for information.

How can the ship hit the gangway? the gangway is extended to meet up with the ship after it has been docked. The ship doesn't stick over land...

lady on the ship posted: 'On the Pride right now. We crashed into the gangway. Three cars under it. Doesn't seem to be injuries.'

https://www.********************/CCPPF/permalink/857805104324864/?comment_id=857821654323209&notif_t=group_comment_reply&notif_id=1462710297464009

lady on the ship posted: 'On the Pride right now. We crashed into the gangway. Three cars under it. Doesn't seem to be injuries.'

https://www.********************/CCPPF/permalink/857805104324864/?comment_id=857821654323209&notif_t=group_comment_reply&notif_id=1462710297464009

Just because some lady on facebook says so doesn't make it true :)

Looking at the title I thought that the metal gangway that they extend from the ship at ports of call has collapsed...

The lady in question is actually on the ship!

Yeah I know she is...but unless she actually saw the ship run into that thing who really knows what happened until someone official releases the info.

Seems kind of strange that a ship would run into that unless it was extended over water...

Yeah I know she is...but unless she actually saw the ship run into that thing who really knows what happened until someone official releases the info.

Seems kind of strange that a ship would run into that unless it was extended over water...

Hard to please some people eh?

Go on facebook and search 'port of baltimore' everyone is saying the ship hit it. I know it is early on a sunday morning and you probably haven't had your coffee yet, but if many folks are saying the ship hit it, the ship hit it!

Hard to please some people eh?

Go on facebook and search 'port of baltimore' everyone is saying the ship hit it. I know it is early on a sunday morning and you probably haven't had your coffee yet, but if many folks are saying the ship hit it, the ship hit it!

OK, the ship hit it. Personally I don't really care as long as nobody got hurt. All I am saying is that I just don't consider Facebook as a news source unless it is posted by a news agency or someone official.

It's not unprecedented for ships to hit things on the pier. There have been numerous instances of ships hitting gantry cranes that unload containers. Those cranes are sometimes over 200 feet tall and they've been toppled over, some with loss of life. Most instances occur when the bow of the ship, which can stick out over the pier, hits an object on the pier, usually during a turning maneuver when the ship is very close to the pier.

Edited by Thorncroft

This boat went onto dry land and took out a mall.

nytimes.com/1996/12/15/us/freighter-hits-riverfront-mall-in-new-orleans.html