Coffee on Princess

sellwingri

I drink black coffee The coffee in the MDR is fine and the black coffee in the IC tastes the same to me
:confused:

The coffee in the main dining room is made from a pre-made syrup; that in the IC is brewed from freshly-ground beans. If you cannot tell the difference, you definitely do not need to waste the money on a coffee card.:eek:

Just a note about internash (what my wife and I call international cafe) - the lattes are inconsistent and dependent on the personnel operating the espresso machine. Some of our iced lattes were tasty and would be a notch above Starbucks, others were borderline undrinkable.

If it's horrible can you take it back and have them make it again?

If it's horrible can you take it back and have them make it again?

Sure you can ask them to remake it but it will only be as good as the ingredients, the machine and the operator.

Yes, you can send anything back on board and make them remake it, meals included, but I doubt a remade coffee will be any better than the first.

Is the coffee from the room service different from the coffee in the buffet area? I usually only drink one cup, but I may have an extra once in a while. I don't like strong coffee. So I try not to be to picky with it. At least I am on vacation.

Is the coffee from the room service different from the coffee in the buffet area? I usually only drink one cup, but I may have an extra once in a while. I don't like strong coffee. So I try not to be to picky with it. At least I am on vacation.

Room service coffee tastes the same as the coffee made from concentrate served in the buffet & dining rooms.

They charge for brewed coffee at the IC and it's highly doubtful they'd give it for free through room service. I'm not there when they fill the coffee carafe but to me RS coffee is definitely not brewed coffee.

I guess we can always just order hot water and bring some coffee/tea packets with us on board...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Mrs Gut drinks lots of strange concoctions and always takes her own.

Its a bain of my cruising life the awful muck that is served in the buffet, disgusting! I take my own jar of expresso Nescafe and have a kettle ( thermostatically controlled) to make my own cup in morning.

The coffee cards are expensive on Ships departing UK, £25 which is $50 Australian, they are $35 here. The coffee in International cafe is ok.

We have spoken to chefs and other officers about the disgusting coffee in buffet and were told 'American s like it' which I find hard to believe. So I will be armed with my own jar of coffee or I sometimes take a small cafetierre and ground coffee.

:confused:

The coffee in the main dining room is made from a pre-made syrup; that in the IC is brewed from freshly-ground beans. If you cannot tell the difference, you definitely do not need to waste the money on a coffee card.:eek:

Oh but I do, if I want a coffee in the Piazza [emoji6]

Not sure quite what the person who made the comment about " not knowing coffee" if I didnt kniw difference between so called coffee in buffet and that which is served in International Cafe.

As an Australian we do know coffee and have been a barista myself owning a cafe, I would not claim the coffee served in the buffet to be anywhere near a coffee but that which we have to pay for in the IC is at least drinkable.

Norwegian Cruise Line have LaVassa coffee machines in their outdoor buffet areas on Pride of America, which gave a good cup of coffee.

Not sure quite what the person who made the comment about " not knowing coffee" if I didnt kniw difference between so called coffee in buffet and that which is served in International Cafe.

As an Australian we do know coffee and have been a barista myself owning a cafe, I would not claim the coffee served in the buffet to be anywhere near a coffee but that which we have to pay for in the IC is at least drinkable.

Norwegian Cruise Line have LaVassa coffee machines in their outdoor buffet areas on Pride of America, which gave a good cup of coffee.

Lol,ive really got to agree on this one,as Australians we really do know our coffee.For years we didnt have a clue,not nowdays.Ya just gotta love your local Barista,and for the record i just love that putrid muck from the buffet at 3am,but look forward to my 2 soy-lattes later.And Starbucks,what is that meant to be,we call it Bogan Dust,(international roast).:eek::eek:

We finally learned to bring a 4 cup French press (and our own Maui blend) to solve the awful "coffee syrup" issue. It is even nicer when DH runs upstairs in the morning to fill it with hot water & I don't get up until he brings it back down - ready to pour.