Princess Lodges in Alaska

txwriter

Does anyone know if you book just the lodge stay with Princess in Alaska, if you can book an excursion from the lodge? I'm interested in staying at the Kenai Princess lodge in May 2017, and I noticed they have some excursions (which seem to be contracted through Grayline). I wasn't sure how that worked. Has anyone here stayed at one of the lodges and done an excursion without booking a package or cruisetour?

When we took cruisetours we certainly could book excursions at the lodge and pay extra for them on the spot. Should work just like any other resort - as a guest of the resort you can book anything you want through their excursion desk. All the lodges have excursions listed on their web sites. They wouldn't need a desk if you couldn't walk up and book.

When we took cruisetours we certainly could book excursions at the lodge and pay extra for them on the spot. Should work just like any other resort - as a guest of the resort you can book anything you want through their excursion desk. All the lodges have excursions listed on their web sites. They wouldn't need a desk if you couldn't walk up and book.

Of course there is always the possibility that those with cruisetours booked have already filled the excursion you may want to book if you wait. I don't know if it's possible but you may want to check the lodge online or call them if needed and see if you can book the excursion you want in advance.

Edited by Thrak

Of course there is always the possibility that those with cruisetours booked have already filled the excursion you may want to book if you wait. I don't know if it's possible but you may want to check the lodge online or call them if needed and see if you can book the excursion you want in advance.

When we stayed at the Kenai Princess, some of the excursions only ran on the days when the cruise tour people were staying there. Call and ask. They are very friendly.