Cruising to NZ

petlady7

I would like to cruise from Europe to New Zealand , is this even possible ? Where do the cruise ships go when they are not in Australasia , would it be possible to join a ship when it is on its way to that area ? What cruise lines would likely do this trip ? Any info much appreciated

You could look into a Cunard World Voyage. Their three ships usually start off a world voyage in the UK in January and at some point make stops in NZ. These voyages are done in segments so you could join the trip during one or more of these segments.

Two years ago I was on the Queen Victoria world voyage and started in the UK, stopped in the US, and went around South America. Then went across he South Pacific to Australia, then several stops in NZ before heading back to the US & UK.

The entire voyage was over 100 days.

Don

Only possibility I see is a segment of a World Cruise.

Cunard , Princess and Holland America as well as some luxury lines , do a WC once every mid winter .

Will be costly as what you wish for may be a long segment for sure.

Agree with others - a few sectors of a Round the World Cruise.

Add P&O (UK) to the cruise lines mentioned by MCC.

There's also a fair choice of cruises between South-east Asia & Sydney, Australia and plenty of short & fast or meandering & slow cruises between Sydney and New Zealand.

JB :)

Plan carefully for a NZ cruise. My BIL and SIL tried this and unfortunately their ship could not make any of the ports in NZ due to high seas. The best way to insure you get to see NZ is to fly there and it is inexpensive and a fairly short flight from Australia. But if you do cruise, it is better to go during their summer months (Dec, Jan, Feb). Unfortunately this is also cyclone season in the Pacific and Pacific Islands and Australia can be impacted by cyclones and, of course, you can get high seas from this as well.