asked this on my roll call but no one answered

sharpasice

I'm back again and hoping someone can help. Again, I have asked this question on my roll call, waited & waited and again no one even appeared to notice. I really want to like Carnival as an alternative to our RCI cruises but if the roll call is any indication...well...I am sure the cruise will be better than the roll call! Just a little aggravated that no one there could or would answer. ANYWAY ... I had heard there was a fee to use the thalassotherapy pool. I have not found anywhere on line where I could pay for that, so I am assuming it must be paid for upon boarding? If so, do I go to the spa to pay? Or is there usually a central location to buy admission...I'd like to purchase for the whole week and am worried they may sell out.

Thank you, as I know someone here will answer...I really do appreciate all your help.

Some of the CC roll calls become static or inactive because some peeps use that other FB site.

I love the spa area and everything they have there! Not only is there the thalassotherapy pool that is so relaxing but there is also the aromatherapy steam rooms and the heated lounges that are so relaxing! Also, the showers (which anyone can use) are also larger than the cabins. I get FTTF so I can make sure to get the pass for the week because it is well worth it! The fee I paid is I think 149 for the week. You can get more info by doing a search here or going on the Carnival site. Have a great cruise!!

I'm back again and hoping someone can help. Again, I have asked this question on my roll call, waited & waited and again no one even appeared to notice. I really want to like Carnival as an alternative to our RCI cruises but if the roll call is any indication...well...I am sure the cruise will be better than the roll call! Just a little aggravated that no one there could or would answer. ANYWAY ... I had heard there was a fee to use the thalassotherapy pool. I have not found anywhere on line where I could pay for that, so I am assuming it must be paid for upon boarding? If so, do I go to the spa to pay? Or is there usually a central location to buy admission...I'd like to purchase for the whole week and am worried they may sell out.

Thank you, as I know someone here will answer...I really do appreciate all your help.

As someone else said: the other members of the roll call may not know the answers to your questions or feel unable to correctly answer. Many times I have found that roll call members are not at all what I expected them to be. Sometimes they were so much better than I thought they'd be & other times I was disappointed. I hope you will love the Dream as much as my hubby & I did. We loved our cove balcony, ship layout & several other wonderful things about the Dream. The laundry area can get crowded, so plan your visit. A port day might be a good choice or early morning. As far as onboard spending: if you put cash down up front, I am pretty sure they will mail you a check for anything you don't spend. But I am not sure because I've never experienced that situation. What we do is use a credit card, then toward the end of the cruise pay off our S&S balance- then nothing is actually charged to the card. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Some of the CC roll calls become static or inactive because some peeps use that other FB site.

Exactly what I have been thinking! I never joined a roll call before this year as before it was supposedly "not allowed" on CC, everyone seemed to go there for roll calls. I don't do fb, so did not participate. My roll call started out great and now has been dead for months. They have found a way to get around that rule. Oh, well, I don't care, plenty of info on this site, if needed.:)

I have been on a couple of roll calls on RC & one on Carnival. The one on Carnival was very active (a special 14 day cruise) & there were a lot of events on board & communication before the cruise. We even met with a couple before the cruise. The roll calls on RC - some were active & some were not but there were Meet & Greets. My cruise in September is starting to get active & we have enough for a M&G but there is not a roll call yet for my March cruise. But it is early days yet.

Edited by PTAngel

I have also found lately that the cruise critic roll calls are not very active. If you search your cruise on FB you might find where your actual roll call people are hanging out. My first experience with this was on my last cruise. I was really disappointed that the roll call was so slow, then discovered there was a hopping one on FB through the shipmate app on my phone. That's what I get for taking so long between cruises I guess. Just do a search for your ship and the date..like Carnival Magic January 28 2017. (my cruise, which is YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS away :D)

I knew I could count on all of you, you've been so kind...Thank you!

I DO have the FTTF and an early boarding time 1030a so off to the spa I will go. My hubby has a really bad back even after 3 surgeries, I am so hoping the thalassotherapy pool helps him relax a little, I've heard so many good things about it.

As far as the roll call goes, I think it is, as you say, static. There are new people joining every week. They say Hi, people say Hi back and then it is quiet. I guess, I am just as guilty as the rest, so probably should stop complaining. Perhaps as the cruise gets closer it will pick up. It's the Halloween Cruise. (LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween cruises!)

I have found out though, through the roll call, that New Orleans is hosting the VooDoo fest prior to the cruise. Should be interesting but we are only flying in the day before the cruise and will miss most of it. We are, however staying a couple of nights after the cruise at the Hyatt. Got it all planned & am sure this will be a cruise/vacation full of fun!

Oh, BTW thanks for the FB info...will check that out right now!

Again Thanks to all of you!

Edited by sharpasice

• 4 months later...

Well, it looks like I am back again...since I asked two more questions on my roll call & looks like everyone ignored me. I just don't get it. When people ask questions on an RCL roll call, others really try to help. I hope the cruise isn't this unfriendly! I do thank all of you however, since you have not ever ignored me and that does make me feel there are really nice people on Carnival.

In Sept I posted the following, maybe someone here knows the answer...on the roll call it was like I never asked. Makes me not want to go to the M&M.

Hi all, haven't been here in a long time but was hoping someone could answer a question for me. I prebooked and paid for Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool 7-Day Couples pass...Will I receive a wrist band or official pass or is it marked on my room card? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

And this was posted approx a week ago...also totally ignored while people talked about their corvettes ..

This is the more important of the two questions since my cruise is this coming Sunday...

I have a question I am hoping someone can answer. Since this is our first Carnival cruise, I have no idea how the sign & sail accounts are handled. I have $150 in cruise cash which I bought and I set up a cash account. The website says I have to have min $200 per person as a deposit when I board. Will my cruise cash count toward that total of $400? I guess what I am saying is, do I need only to have an additional $250 to put on our acct at the beginning of the cruise? On royal they never ask for money on a cash account till the amount actually reaches $500...I am unfamiliar with leaving cash on the account at the beginning of the cruise.

I copied & pasted exactly what I wrote on the roll call. If anyone sees that I am being rude or unfriendly please tell me, since I just can't figure out why no one on the RC helps...Again, thank you all...I appreciate any help.

I asked these questions on my roll call but no one replied. I am hoping someone can help me. I typed this once, then hit the wrong button and it disappeared...so if this is a duplicate, I apologize. This is our first time on Carnival, usually we are on RCCL and I am sure some things are different.

1. I noticed there are laundry facilities on the ship (Dream). Do they cost $ and if so, do they take coins or room key?

2. I set up a cash acct on line. Does Carnival require cash up front? Rccl does not but calls your room if you hit $500 so you can pay or use a credit card. One person did reply to this question, which I really appreciated but they told what they usually do. So it didn't really ans the question. At least they tried

3. I purchased FTTF, is it worth it? Kinda late for me to ask that now, right? LOL

One last question, NOT on the roll call, but I was thinking of purchasing on board credit. If I do, can it be used anywhere, since I am the one purchasing?

I did ask also if there was a meet and mingle as on RCL ships and no one answered ....BUT I found that just as I was typing this and signed up. Please say people on a Carnival cruise are not like the people on my roll call! Maybe they just don't realize it but no one helps anyone else out. I've never had that problem before. Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you for any help you can give. I do really appreciate it.

I was on the Dream last year and the laundry room was cash. I brought a roll of quarters and my own laundry pods.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Well, it looks like I am back again...since I asked two more questions on my roll call & looks like everyone ignored me. I just don't get it. When people ask questions on an RCL roll call, others really try to help. I hope the cruise isn't this unfriendly! I do thank all of you however, since you have not ever ignored me and that does make me feel there are really nice people on Carnival.

In Sept I posted the following, maybe someone here knows the answer...on the roll call it was like I never asked. Makes me not want to go to the M&M.

Hi all, haven't been here in a long time but was hoping someone could answer a question for me. I prebooked and paid for Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool 7-Day Couples pass...Will I receive a wrist band or official pass or is it marked on my room card? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

And this was posted approx a week ago...also totally ignored while people talked about their corvettes ..

This is the more important of the two questions since my cruise is this coming Sunday...

I have a question I am hoping someone can answer. Since this is our first Carnival cruise, I have no idea how the sign & sail accounts are handled. I have $150 in cruise cash which I bought and I set up a cash account. The website says I have to have min $200 per person as a deposit when I board. Will my cruise cash count toward that total of $400? I guess what I am saying is, do I need only to have an additional $250 to put on our acct at the beginning of the cruise? On royal they never ask for money on a cash account till the amount actually reaches $500...I am unfamiliar with leaving cash on the account at the beginning of the cruise.

I copied & pasted exactly what I wrote on the roll call. If anyone sees that I am being rude or unfriendly please tell me, since I just can't figure out why no one on the RC helps...Again, thank you all...I appreciate any help.

We always open our account with cash and they have never required a minimum. We usually open it with $200 and later in the cruise attach our credit card. Never had a problem.

We always open our account with cash and they have never required a minimum. We usually open it with $200 and later in the cruise attach our credit card. Never had a problem.

Thank you SO much! This answers my question! I really, really appreciate it!

Laundry rooms can be busy, so it helps to know the locations of all of them so you can increase your chance of finding available washers. We always plan to do a load of laundry mid-cruise, so we pack a detergent pod and a dryer sheet in a ziploc bag. I also take a mesh bag for more delicate things that I will hang in the room to dry.

The Dream is a lovely ship. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your cruise!

Hi

The only time we had the cloud 9 spa access (spa cabin) you received arm bands. (you can put it on and take it off again...you just need it to enter)They were in our cabin along with a folder outlining the other benefits. It has been a while now, I might not be remembering well now, I believe we had to register at the spa as well, they will provide a card to enter the restricted "cloud9" rooms.

You might as well go by the spa on embarkation day. They have tours so you can check out the facilities. They usually also have some draws for "free" stuff. A lot of people like that.

I wouldn't be too hard on the people in your roll call. A lot of times when nobody answers it is just because they don't know the answer. Sometime the roll calls have a lot of eager participants and sometimes not.

Either way if you have a cruise line specific question this is the better forum to ask the question, as it will answer the question for a broader audience.

have a great cruise

I "lurked" on this site for years, before I finally signed up. And then, years, before I actually posted. I have enjoyed getting opinions from other members and have benefited from lots of the tips. BUT, to get actual answers and not just opinions, you should simply go to the Carnival web site. Every question the OP asked, can be answered, on Carnival's site. Not being "snarky" just stating the facts. It is a very helpful site, especially for newbies to Carnival. Have a great cruise! :):)

I "lurked" on this site for years, before I finally signed up. And then, years, before I actually posted. I have enjoyed getting opinions from other members and have benefited from lots of the tips. BUT, to get actual answers and not just opinions, you should simply go to the Carnival web site. Every question the OP asked, can be answered, on Carnival's site. Not being "snarky" just stating the facts. It is a very helpful site, especially for newbies to Carnival. Have a great cruise! :):)

Hi there

Some people have a hard time finding the answer to questions they have on the Carnival site.

This site allows them to ask here. It allows people to have a choice.

You have a question, you can go to the library and do the research, you can also ask Mr.Google.

Yes, when I respond to a question it could be considered an opinion. After all, I could be wrong, but I think people understand this when they ask questions on an open internet forum. A big part of a site like this is to help when you can, there is no requirement on anybody.

Actually NOT every question has been answered on the Carnival website. I have looked, believe me. I even called and two days ago when I called Carnival to ask if my cruise cash counted toward the cash deposit, the person on the other end said, "oh, I don't know, no one's ever asked me that before." I even asked to speak to someone who did know...Lot of good that did. So I come here where usually people are very helpful, especially since they may have first hand experience. And yes, your reply does sound snarky, probably even to you, since you mentioned it. Sorry, but that's how I feel. I have been a member for many years, love this site and the people are all so interesting. I think people here really try to help and that is much appreciated. Just stating facts.

The nice thing about asking here is you get real people's experience not just the answer.

If everyone just looked for the answer themselves or at the cruise line site, there would be no more cruise critic.