Crown Princess - Laptop stolen during embarkation

fl.princess

Anyone used packing cubes?

What if packing cubes are used will they go through that and wreck inside the cube to?

I was thinking of using them to keep an organized suitcase.

I always use the packing cubes & folders but only pack clothing so there's nothing suspicious for them to check.

For things such as electronics or anything else that might need to be checked, I use a mesh bag & place it on top so security screeners can easily inspect potential security risks without opening our cubes containing only clothing.

Using the cubes & folders, we reach our weight limit before reaching the bag's capacity. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Anyone used packing cubes?

What if packing cubes are used will they go through that and wreck inside the cube to?

I was thinking of using them to keep an organized suitcase.

Normally, luggage is scanned on the pier and if something is found that needs attention (e.g. multiple bottles of wine or something that looks suspicious in some other way) the bag is set aside and sent to the security section on the ship. The ship's security personnel will then call someone from that stateroom down to the security office to open the bag so that they (security) can look at what was seen on the scanner. To the best of my knowledge, they will not open the bag without the owner being present.

Tom

Glad to hear you've been made "whole." Nice to hear a positive outcome.

The lesson learned is to never put anything valuable or needed (such as medications or in my case, make-up) in your luggage. I always lock my bag from the moment I leave home. I even lock the outside pockets. Thieves will target the quick, easy pieces of luggage and prefer not to spend time opening locked luggage.

PS: Also interesting... I traveled in nothing but some thin knit capri pants and a thin Underarmor tank top.. Not even one pocket... Nothing... placed my zip up hoodie in the bin on the conveyer. The lovely machine STILL flagged me.... when there was clearly nothing there. Even flagged between my legs... So, I nearly got strip searched.... :mad:

Every time I through security I get stopped and the "wand" comes out for my right knee. I have never had knee surgery....there ain't anything in there!! go figure!

It only happens to me at certain airports. The last time, it was LHR. The "wand" picked up the underwire in my bra. I've never, ever been frisked like that before - felt like I shoulda had a cigarette afterwards - WOW. :eek: The funny thing is I went through LHR 4 times within 3 months and only once did the underwire cause a problem. :rolleyes: Go figure. I think those wands are faulty.

Before embarkation at San Pedro, my husband decided to place his laptop in his luggage instead of lugging it around in his backpack for a few hours. I asked him not to, but he simply didn’t want to carry it (it is heavy) and figured it would be fine in our luggage. Well, when our luggage was delivered to our cabin, the laptop was not in his luggage and was apparently stolen somewhere along the way to our cabin.

Was your suitcase locked when you gave it to the porter?

If so, was it still locked when it reached your cabin?

That is a terrible story and I'm sorry you had to experience that. I thought the cruise lines all x-ray the bags looking for contraband before delivering it to the staterooms. Am I incorrect? Because that would mean Princess sure does have access to your bags as well as opening them and they are not off the hook, in fact it's much more likely a Princess employee would have the change to take your computer, those port workers don't seem like they'd have adequate time or opportunity to start opening suitcases and rifling through them.

The x-raying of bags on shore is not done by Princess employees.

Princess will not open a locked suitcase. If they suspect contraband, they will have you go to a room on the ship and ask you to open it for them.

. Also, if the TSA needs to get in they can since they are TSA approved locks. If they do go into your bag they are SUPPOSED to leave a printed note telling you that it was them.

I once flew from Texas to Australia.

My suitcase did have that printed note in it.

It also had someone else's jean jacket.

When TSA is looking through more than one suitcase, what they take out does not always go back into the suitcase it came from.

We find the idea of leaving luggage unlocked odd as well as that officials will cut off TSA approved locks specifically designed for them to open.

We checked in at one USA airport. The first place to leave our luggage had a sign saying they had lost the key and if they needed to look inside your suitcase, they would cut off the lock.

If you did not want that to possibly happen, the sign directed you to another drop off location where they still had a key.