Pride of America Owners Suite 12000

gwsster

Here are pictures of the Owners Suite on NCL- Pride of America.

20160430_175216.jpg.d0578b98f78d63105477d400c7ca8b57.jpg = Main living/dining room combo. Had 42" television with free recent release movies

20160430_175230.jpg.fbeff2d6107b0e61e31cfffb9a92327c.jpg= Master Bedroom. Glass doors with privacy drapes. Little noise from the living room with doors closed.

20160430_175326.jpg.76e33e54972091fba3778ba14344c983.jpg= This is the Master Bath, separate shower, double sinks, whirlpool tub. NO electrical outlets in the bathroom. There are some in the dressing area in the closet. Take an extension cord.

20160430_175412.jpg.59a983abeb9a7fc344a1d550d035c20b.jpg= Sorry, couldn't rotate this, this is the NOT so private toilet door in the master bath. I don't know what they were thinking when they thought this was a good idea.

20160430_175521.jpg.0bc3ed0c65d87897b9efb0a9865cbf7d.jpg= This is the bar area, very handy, would have been better if there had been a sink and been a true wet bar.

More pictures to come.

Edited by gwsster

More pictures of Room 12000, I couldn't find any of this particular suite so thought I would add a few of my own for those that my want to see what this particular room has to offer.

20160430_175645.jpg.515823aec8bb1bcbc2e104e516d50213.jpg= This is the 1/2 bath, very happy for a private bathroom with a solid door. The sink tends to splash water out, but happy to have a private bathroom as we were 4 sisters traveling together...No electrical outlet in this bathroom either.

20160430_175944.jpg.29a8856bd765be2353d93d7cd9c56e6c.jpg= Sorry, couldn't rotate this picture, this is the large deck with a spa...easily held 3 and a tighter squeeze for 4.

20160430_180007.jpg.750d401075d5026a46ea3e6432cc07db.jpg= Deck view of the table and loungers....spent a lot of time on the deck, very nice.

533021099_deck12lookingdownonpool.jpg.7397428a3366dd11db6aaeff14d6ad68.jpg= View of the pool from the 12th deck. Very private floor and entrance, very little foot traffic. I would opt for this floor again if I took another Hawaiian cruise on the Pride of America.

Edited by gwsster

How was your trip? Everyone get along? Was there a painting/picture behind the sofa on the wall? Ours was missing - I know they used to have something there because I'd seen it in other pics.

Who did you have for the butler - there was a lady working that side I think when we were on. Was Thomas still the concierge? Any work still going on anywhere?

The trip was fine, but I will say my Sisters and I all have different traveling styles, so two of us really took in the flavor of Hawaii and the other two enjoyed watching the TV in the Suite. I know...go to Hawaii to watch TV...Sheesh. Yes there was a framed picture above the sofa in the main living area. I wish I would have booked your suite, the views would have been better on the Port side.

We had Chelsea as our Butler....She was amazing and we were so impressed with her service. Norma was our cabin steward and she was a doll. We left the Sofa Bed left as a bed to save her the hassle of making it up every day. James was the Concierge, didn't use him at all, he did show up at our dining room table to chat. He was pleasant but didn't have a need for him.

Thanks for the warning about the small bathroom sink....that thing does splash. The shower controls were confusing and all was well unless one Sister messed with them and the next person got a cold shower from the body sprays.

I think most of the work is finished on the ship. The Gelato place is still not open and the carpets were still mismatched on the deck hallways. I will say I thought the pool deck was kind of blah...not very festive as on other ships, but after a drink or two, who cared? The ship was great and the food was wonderful. We ate in almost all of the specialty restaurants, did the main dining room twice.

Thanks for all of your help, it really prepared me for a nice trip. Your kindness was so appreciated.

Oh, a funny tipping story....The people in the Grand Suite (we got a tour of it) a very nice couple were chatting with the Butler and the lady took me aside to advise me that the Butler and Concierge weren't included in the DSC. She didn't know that they were tipped separately and wanted to make sure we knew. I let her know we were aware and had funds set aside for additional tips. I thought it was sweet that she wanted to clue me in.

How was your trip? Everyone get along? Was there a painting/picture behind the sofa on the wall? Ours was missing - I know they used to have something there because I'd seen it in other pics.

Who did you have for the butler - there was a lady working that side I think when we were on. Was Thomas still the concierge? Any work still going on anywhere?

Edited by gwsster

Glad you had a good time and thanks for the kind words.

In regards to the main bathroom and doors, etc., I'd have to check for the POA but on the other ships (Dawn and Jewel Class) the OS were originally only available for 2. A few years back, NCL added the ability to book the OS for 4 and some of the other suites that were just for 2 available for 3 or 4 by adding a pull out bed from a chair or sofa bed. So at the time, the privacy probably wasn't much of an issue as it would only be couples for the most part in the suites.

We had our 2 teen DS and DD with us so we had to coordinate the main bathroom usage but with the 1/2 bath it all worked out good. When we had something planned one day everyone knows when it is time to bust a move.

I still would prefer a solid frosted glass door for the toilet area. I don't care about the shower, but there are times when privacy is a need and not a want.

I do know that the Mini Suites on the POA were converted to Penthouse Suites. I did love the 12th floor as it was very private.

In regards to the main bathroom and doors, etc., I'd have to check for the POA but on the other ships (Dawn and Jewel Class) the OS were originally only available for 2. A few years back, NCL added the ability to book the OS for 4 and some of the other suites that were just for 2 available for 3 or 4 by adding a pull out bed from a chair or sofa bed. So at the time, the privacy probably wasn't much of an issue as it would only be couples for the most part in the suites.

There were quite a few recent release movies in the OS for free. I would ask if this perk extends to all Suites. My Sisters did the primary TV watching, I was out snorkeling or hiking. The movies are not the ones in the theaters now, but a few months old.

Were there insuite movies for free in your suite? Just wondering how many movies I need to load on my iPad.

Oh, a funny tipping story....The people in the Grand Suite (we got a tour of it) a very nice couple were chatting with the Butler and the lady took me aside to advise me that the Butler and Concierge weren't included in the DSC. She didn't know that they were tipped separately and wanted to make sure we knew. I let her know we were aware and had funds set aside for additional tips. I thought it was sweet that she wanted to clue me in.

Thanks for cluing me in! So how much should we figure for the 7-day POA Hawaii cruise?

Never mind - just retread your post. DUH!!!

All suites get the free on-demand movies. THere were about 50 movies. You can watch, stop, come back later and start where you left off. A couple movies were on the rotating, free channel like San Andreas and Spectre.

The did show up on your charge account but I think they just showed up as $0.

Edited by dexddd

I sent you a private email with our tipping experience.

Hope that helps. If you ask here so many will give you conflicting information about tipping the Butler and Concierge. Some claim to leave Fort Knox and some say they don't tip at all. I always tip for the service rendered. I say let your conscience be your guide.

Thanks for cluing me in! So how much should we figure for the 7-day POA Hawaii cruise?

I didn't watch but one movie, if you click through the programs and after you select the movie will show the charge as Zero. I think my sisters watched all 50 movies. Go to Hawaii and watch TV....go figure.:rolleyes:

All suites get the free on-demand movies. THere were about 50 movies. You can watch, stop, come back later and start where you left off. A couple movies were on the rotating, free channel like San Andreas and Spectre.

The did show up on your charge account but I think they just showed up as $0.

The trip was fine, but I will say my Sisters and I all have different traveling styles, so two of us really took in the flavor of Hawaii and the other two enjoyed watching the TV in the Suite. I know...go to Hawaii to watch TV...Sheesh. Yes there was a framed picture above the sofa in the main living area. I wish I would have booked your suite, the views would have been better on the Port side.

We had Chelsea as our Butler....She was amazing and we were so impressed with her service. Norma was our cabin steward and she was a doll. We left the Sofa Bed left as a bed to save her the hassle of making it up every day. James was the Concierge, didn't use him at all, he did show up at our dining room table to chat. He was pleasant but didn't have a need for him.

Thanks for the warning about the small bathroom sink....that thing does splash. The shower controls were confusing and all was well unless one Sister messed with them and the next person got a cold shower from the body sprays.

I think most of the work is finished on the ship. The Gelato place is still not open and the carpets were still mismatched on the deck hallways. I will say I thought the pool deck was kind of blah...not very festive as on other ships, but after a drink or two, who cared? The ship was great and the food was wonderful. We ate in almost all of the specialty restaurants, did the main dining room twice.

Thanks for all of your help, it really prepared me for a nice trip. Your kindness was so appreciated.

Oh yes, that confusing shower!:confused::confused::confused: Glad to know I wasn't the only one perplexed by it lol

We liked James, and found it amusing that he tracked down all of his suite people to make impromptu visits during dinner. One night while eating at East Meets West he came in and said "I saw you two through the glass." My DH said he walked like Iron Man through the ship :D