Going to a smaller ship after Oasis or Allure

We have mostly cruised on the big ships. Last January, we 'braced' ourselves for the Liberty. We went with first time RCL cruisers. They absolutely 'loved' it. We were slightly underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong...a cruise on any ship is better than a day just about anywhere else. We found our ourselves commenting (Just to each other) about how we missed the Aqua theater, Boardwalk, Central Park, Rising tide, bigger promenade deck, the full walking deck, ...the list went on and on. BUT, it was STILL a great cruise.For the big ships, they ARE the destination...so much to do and see...

...just my 2 cents...

I realize that people may not like the larger ships and any cruise is a good cruise. Just curious whether anyone has experienced a "letdown" cruising on a smaller ship after being on one of the Mega Ships?

I haven't read your replies yet, but look at my signature. We have experienced no let down. (No kids with us, so Adventure Ocean and the H20 zone isn't a factor. Spending as much time on here as I do and in role calls I guess I'm good at knowing what I am getting into and managing expectations. I just came off Oasis and booked Jewel for the 3rd time.

You can't go by anyone else's experiences. Don't think about what's lacking from one ship to another. Think about what's different and expect to enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Depends on why you are cruising. When we sail the large ships, we go to explore the ship, entertainment, variety of restaurants and all the ship has to offer. When we cruise the smaller ships, we go for the itinerary, and price. We have enjoyed all our cruises, just some more than others.

Going on Oasis again in 4 months, then 5 months after Oasis, back to Serenade. We also love to be on a ship out to sea. Doesn't matter much which ship, as we enjoy each one for different reasons.

We did Allure, then Vision and Jewel, and will be sailing Anthem shortly, then back to Jewel. We do the smaller ships for the itineraries, larger for the ship itself. Did we miss the promenade, yes, but we found other areas we loved almost as much. As stated above, don't think about what you are missing on the big ships, but what you can enjoy on the ship you will be sailing.

Of course there are those that will only sail the big ships or the smaller, but hey why not enjoy them all. We like our vacations to all be a bit different, why just do the same thing over and over?

Edited by akcruz

Went from Serenade to the Allure.... That was a huge wow

Went from the Allure TA to Indy TA not so much of a difference

Actually enjoyed our TA more on the Indy didn t have to worry about prebooking all the shows precruise or have to wait in lines before a show.

Didn't seem as crowded and very few pushy people compared to the Allure

Did miss Park Café from the Allure thou:o

especially when Bfast had beans, grilled tomatoes and black pudding:eek:

Look forward to even smaller Rhapsody TA

We've gone on smaller (not small) ships after oasis/allure and still enjoyed ourselves. We did find ourselves comparing the ships though and wishing for the amenities. My feeling is if I am looking at a specific itinerary and its offered on multiple ships then no brainier I am spending the extra money to go on allure/oasis. But I have no issues going on other ships to see different ports or if its 5 days or less. Unfortunately the itineraries for oasis/allure don't offer much variety to keep doing it over and over. However I think they are going to change that later this year.

I really understand what you are saying. My first RC cruise was on the Oasis with my entire extended family. I was so nervous to book a cruise on Serenade for just me and my son. Both were great for different reasons.

I loved all the activities and variety of the Oasis.

I loved the different ports and ability to really connect to other cruises on the Serenade.

I have preferred our med (liberty, splendour) cruises to our caribbean Oasis) and canary -(anthem) cruises. Or did I enjoy our smaller ship cruises to our larger ones? Or was is the weather that made our med ones better.

Personally that's why I felt cramped on Anthem- sun beds seem like a last thought to cram in around the edge of the indoor sports complex, whereas on splendour the sunbed areas felt much more spacious. Which supports the "it depends what you want" question, cos if you're an entertainment person rather than a sun lounger person then going from large to small may seem a downgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app