Cheapest time of the year to sail Anthem?

What is the cheapest time of year to sail Anthem of the seas or is that an impossible question to answer? We are not picky about islands or destinations other than we are not huge fans of Puerto Rico, but we would not hesitate to book just because of that. I like the way NCL's website searches cruises, it will show the cheapest time of the year to do certain cruises, wish RCCL had something similar. If you can answer or this question can be answered, thank for the help.

I see a Bahamas 7-day cruise on Dec 9 in a Balcony for $797 + fees. That ids not bad.

Thanks for the info. I guess you really have to look around, and keep looking. Its a little easier with NCL I guess to find the lease expensive time to sail a certain cruise. Thanks for the info. RCCL really needs to add a chat feature so you can real time answers to questions. I have no idea why they don't.

My experience has been the best cruise pricing is in early Nov, early Dec or early May. Those seem to be the least traveled months and it's all about supply and demand. In all 3 of these scenarios schools are in session so not as many people traveling. If people are going to travel in Nov/Dec it's often going to be the holidays so not first of the month. Also, it's not early enough in to the winter/snow season for people to be looking for an "escape" from the cold. In early May, kids still are in school, spring break vacations are over and winter cold escape vacations are over. Sept/Oct are also less expensive, bc it's hurricane season. You take a gamble that time of year. That is just my golden rule of thumb......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...

I'm booked on Anthem in December, going from NJ to the Bahamas. November and December seem to be Royal Caribbean's "sweet spot" for pricing if you're traveling south. I can only guess that people can't get their head around going to the Bahamas or the Caribbean when it's 20 degrees in the north

It's perfect weather there in December, notwithstanding storms. The Atlantic hurricane season ends on November 30, which is why I selected December over November. I got some great prices. RC jacks up their prices during Christmas and New Year's.

What is the cheapest time of year to sail Anthem of the seas or is that an impossible question to answer? We are not picky about islands or destinations other than we are not huge fans of Puerto Rico, but we would not hesitate to book just because of that. I like the way NCL's website searches cruises, it will show the cheapest time of the year to do certain cruises, wish RCCL had something similar. If you can answer or this question can be answered, thank for the help.

Use the RCI cruise finder:

• click the big yellow Search button on the home page
  • scroll down to SHIP and click > at the right of Quantum Class
  • click on Anthem Of The Seas
  • at the top of the list of itineraries, set Sort by to "Price Low to High"
  • if you are interested in a particular length of cruise, check the appropriate box in NUMBER OF NIGHTS on the left

This will give you a list of the lowest cost itineraries. While they may be a little out of order, it should give you a usable answer.

Use the RCI cruise finder:

• click the big yellow Search button on the home page
  • scroll down to SHIP and click > at the right of Quantum Class
  • click on Anthem Of The Seas
  • at the top of the list of itineraries, set Sort by to "Price Low to High"
  • if you are interested in a particular length of cruise, check the appropriate box in NUMBER OF NIGHTS on the left

This will give you a list of the lowest cost itineraries. While they may be a little out of order, it should give you a usable answer.

Oh wow thanks, I never thought of that. I will try that.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Tatka, you can also use Royal Caribbean's website in the same way. After you decide what ship, destinations and dates, book by phone. Ask about specials and deals. Keep calling back every week or so until the date that you sail, always asking for better prices. It's worked for me every time. :-)