Allure Dress Code

No one will hassle you as long as you aren't wearing pool attire.

This is exactly right. Actually there really isn't a dress code. It is suggested attire. The only "code" is no shorts in the dining room for dinner but even that isn't enforced most of the time. Perhaps on formal nights but I've seen people in shorts nearly every night in the MDR on some of the RCI cruises we go on. Now you may get some looks if you did that regularly. I would say that if you try to wear shorts to dinner on formal night you might expect there could be a chance of being denied service. However, outside of dinner in a restaurant you can wear shorts all you want and I doubt you will feel out of place at all. You can also wear shorts to the windjammer any night you want and you will fit right in.

Is the dress code strictly enforced on non-formal nights?

There are some in my party who like to wear some of the following:

Dress Shorts, Nice Jeans, Dress Hats, Boat Shoes, Dress Shoes, Polo Short Sleeve Shirts, etc.

They ask for no shorts (dress, nice, smart, or otherwise) in the dining room in the evening. Sometimes they turn away people in shorts, sometiems they don't.

It's true...we just got off Allure on the 15th and the whole time, I was a little miffed at the lack of enforcement of at least SOME of the dress code "rules" on Formal Nights. It's 2 nights...2 nights to dress up and look pretty...but people still insist on coming in the MDR with shorts, tshirts and flip flops...next to men in tuxedos and women in gowns. It's frustrating :(

I get it...the cruise industry is changing, no one likes to dress up anymore. But it's 2 nights...2 nights! At least wear khakis or pants...ditch the shorts, tshirts and flip flops for 2 nights...

I love to dress on a cruise. Was also wondering about the shorts thing for men. My husband likes to wear nice shorts and golf shirts mostly I feel last cruise this was acceptable attire in dining room. He hates wearing khakis pants but will bring a couple of pairs just in case we sat with people in ratty shorts and tank tops so I guess it all depends if they want to enforce the rules.

It's true...we just got off Allure on the 15th and the whole time, I was a little miffed at the lack of enforcement of at least SOME of the dress code "rules" on Formal Nights. It's 2 nights...2 nights to dress up and look pretty...but people still insist on coming in the MDR with shorts, tshirts and flip flops...next to men in tuxedos and women in gowns. It's frustrating :(

I get it...the cruise industry is changing, no one likes to dress up anymore. But it's 2 nights...2 nights! At least wear khakis or pants...ditch the shorts, tshirts and flip flops for 2 nights...

Relax and don't stress it. You will never get 6000 plus people to participate in a theme night. Do what YOU like and enjoy

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

Our last cruise on Navigator there were several men who came in the MDR every night with hats and caps on. Head waiters said nothing.

Even our 5 year old grandson knows better than to come to the table wearing a baseball or other cap. :rolleyes:

I agree with you! The waiters will never enforce it because they want tips. Also the people truly dressing in shorts and tank tops and ball caps, on Formal night in the MDR - you know they do it on purpose....they are trying to get a rise out of people who choose to dress in tuxes and gowns.

I think on formal night people should make effort. I frankly would be uncomfortable in such a beautiful setting dressed sloppy.

I agree with you! The waiters will never enforce it because they want tips. Also the people truly dressing in shorts and tank tops and ball caps, on Formal night in the MDR - you know they do it on purpose....they are trying to get a rise out of people who choose to dress in tuxes and gowns.

I think on formal night people should make effort. I frankly would be uncomfortable in such a beautiful setting dressed sloppy.

While they may get tips from those who fail to meet the dress code, it's at the risk of getting smaller or no tips at all from the majority who do dress properly.

While they may get tips from those who fail to meet the dress code, it's at the risk of getting smaller or no tips at all from the majority who do dress properly.

That's petty and spiteful; you reduce the tips of the SERVICE staff because of what other guests choose to wear? The waiters are in no position to enforce any of it. They are not management.

I'm all for nice shorts being allowed. If you can't figure out what nice shorts are let me know I'll show examples; but I'd never base the tip I give to the person serving me on whether or not another paying guest is dressed up or not. :rolleyes:

That's petty and spiteful; you reduce the tips of the SERVICE staff because of what other guests choose to wear? The waiters are in no position to enforce any of it. They are not management.

I'm all for nice shorts being allowed. If you can't figure out what nice shorts are let me know I'll show examples; but I'd never base the tip I give to the person serving me on whether or not another paying guest is dressed up or not. :rolleyes:

Calm down, no one is being petty or spiteful here. Panda3 postulated that "waiters will never enforce it because they want tips," and I was simply saying that it might have the opposite effect. Nowhere did I support reducing waiters' tips because of what others wear, not would I.

Calm down, no one is being petty or spiteful here. Panda3 postulated that "waiters will never enforce it because they want tips," and I was simply saying that it might have the opposite effect. Nowhere did I support reducing waiters' tips because of what others wear, not would I.

Who would have that sort of thought process? It's absurd

Who would have that sort of thought process? It's absurd

Based on the ludicrous contents of the innumerable dress threads and tipping threads I've read here and on other CC boards, it is well within the realm of possibility. :)

Here's part of the cause of the less than salubrious dress for dinner: many people do not want to be considered ladies or gentlemen. Gentlemen would never wear a hat indoors, ladies would not wear revealing clothes to dinner. My DH smiled at a 30's something and said "Ladles first". She turned around, glared at him and said "I am not a lady, I am a woman!!".

I wonder what's next!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Relax and don't stress it. You will never get 6000 plus people to participate in a theme night. Do what YOU like and enjoy

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

I get it...I can't do anything about it...but staff can. A friend told me that they enforced a jacket on Quantum but it's not consistent. The introduction of Dynamic Dining, across the fleet, will help...there is no insistence of Formal Night in the MDR but it is likely enforced in the specialty dining restaurants where my friend on Quantum was told to go back to his room to get one.

I look forward to Harmony to try out Dynamic Dining...and look forward to dressing how we want but seeing others dressed how we're "supposed" to according to RCCL "suggestions".

I get it...I can't do anything about it...but staff can. A friend told me that they enforced a jacket on Quantum but it's not consistent. The introduction of Dynamic Dining, across the fleet, will help...there is no insistence of Formal Night in the MDR but it is likely enforced in the specialty dining restaurants where my friend on Quantum was told to go back to his room to get one.

I look forward to Harmony to try out Dynamic Dining...and look forward to dressing how we want but seeing others dressed how we're "supposed" to according to RCCL "suggestions".

Does Harmony have Dynamic Dining? I thought that was only on Quantum class and abandoned for others. I was hoping the more relaxed dress codes actually spread. I think those that want to dress up will, those that want to be more casual will also. Don't confuse casual with sloppy or unclean.

There's no confusing casual with sloppy and unclean but apparently there's confusing Formal and Casual.

I don't know of any place where "shorts" would ever qualify as Formal.

Not saying you said that but I saw it somewhere lol.

Ha, just figured out who said it.

Edited by Powersboyee2

Does Harmony have Dynamic Dining? I thought that was only on Quantum class and abandoned for others. I was hoping the more relaxed dress codes actually spread. I think those that want to dress up will, those that want to be more casual will also. Don't confuse casual with sloppy or unclean.

No Dynamic Dining on Harmony.

Only Dynamic Pricing of drink packages.;)

No Dynamic Dining on Harmony.

Only Dynamic Pricing of drink packages.;)

I'm waiting for a Drink Package Industrial Average that I can track and get alerts like the rest of my portfolio.