Do you keep your cabin?

baxley

We are coming up to our final payment and there are "deals" out there that will lower our price several hundred dollars....but we will lose other perks. Do they let you keep the same cabin? Would it be worth it to chance being put somewhere on the ship...who knows where? Thanks.

Edited by baxley

You keep your cabin as long as you have your booking "re-fared". If they cancel your original booking and set up a new booking, you could lose your cabin.

I would think about the perks that you currently have and calculate YOUR value of those perks. For example, the SBP is only worth about $25 - $30/day for me. HAL prices it at ~$50/day but the savings could actually be over $100/day if one drinks all 15 drinks at the max amount allowed. I've already given up the SBP on a cruise for next year because of a $600 price drop. It just didn't make sense to keep it, based on how little we use the SBP.

If your value of the perks that you would lose exceeds the amount saved by having the cruise re-fared, then keep your current booking. If not, then have your booking re-fared.

Just contact HAL or your TA, if you used a TA, to make sure what you would lose/gain by re-faring. You may not lose all your perks.

If you use a TA, make sure that it is one who never takes a single "no" as an answer. Successive calls may yield different replies when it comes to losing or keeping previous perks.

We have found that each situation takes on its on life :). The bottom line is that when you see major changes in pricing or promotions it often is wise to make an inquiry through whoever you have booked the cruise (cruise agency, TA or the cruise line) as you have nothing to lose but some time. Sometimes you will snag a much better deal...and other times you will decide to let things stand. But nothing ventured...nothing gained.

Hank

We are coming up to our final payment and there are "deals" out there that will lower our price several hundred dollars....but we will lose other perks. Do they let you keep the same cabin? Would it be worth it to chance being put somewhere on the ship...who knows where? Thanks.

My HAL personal cruise consultant (PCC) has always been able to re-fare and keep my room and SOME of the other OBC (future cruise deposit OBC, stockholder credit). When you have your TA check it out for you, be sure that your cabin will not change, as it has happened to some people in the past. Better to be safe than sorry.

As to other perks being lost, it certainly depends on how you got them in the first place. If you received them from another HAL promotion, you likely will lose them. Basically, you pick your promotion and all that goes with it - fare and perks together.

Edited by DaveOKC

When the fare for our recent cruise dropped about $3000, I refared and kept the same stateroom. We lost the Signature Beverage Package, which I did not miss. As 4 Star we got 50% off on wine packages, which we enjoyed!

Karen