WWYD? Family Promenade Room or 2 Interior Guarantees on the Liberty?

We are a party of 5 travelling on the Liberty of the Seas. Right now we are booked into a Family Promenade Room. Here is what our party looks like:

Me (39)

DH (41)

DS (14)

My sister (41)

My Mom (60+)

We only paid $2745 incl taxes in CAD which I think is a great price. RCL also threw in 2 bottles of champagne, but it does not say anything about it on our ressie so I am not counting on ever seeing it :)

When I tried to call in today to see what the rate would be if we repriced it with the new deal, it was much higher BUT there is a great deal on interiors now.

We can get two interiors for $2770 CAD, so $25 more CAD than we paid but it also comes with $100USD OBC & $45 Costco Cash per stateroom.

I could really care less as far as interior vs promenade but I think my mom will like the window, even if it does not look outside. She has only sailed on one cruise and it was the Carnival Conquest last year and had a balcony. My sister has never sailed without at least a window.

As far as pros vs cons for the rooms, below is what I can think of:

Family Promenade:

Pros:

Twice the size stateroom (300 vs 150 sq ft)

Tub in the bathroom

Windows

Extra seating @ windows

Cons:

One bathroom

Lack of Privacy

Interior Guarantee:

Pros:

OBC & Costco Cash

Extra bathroom

More Privacy

Better chance of upgrade (not sure if this is true)

Cons:

No Tub

Smaller room

Won't know location until assigned and may not be by each other

Is there anything I have not considered? If you were in my situation, what would you do? I have spoken to everyone travelling and none of us can decide so I figured I would ask the opinions of the experts :)

Thank you!!!!

Jess

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

I would do 2 interiors for the 2 bathrooms and just get out and watch the parades

the Promenade Family room second bedroom is a really small bunkbed space.

I know the extra sleeping space is small, but in all the videos and pics I have seen, the family room looks huge as far as floor space. I also forgot to add the walk in closet to the pros above.

Most definitely the 2 interiors!!! Only cons you have are:

SMALLER ROOM. But you have less people in each room.

MAY NOT BE NEXT TO EACH OTHER. I never consider a con unless there are children or adults who need assistance. It's easy enough to plan where to meet up. We just leave messages on stateroom phone.

Yes, you can have up to 4 in an interior.

ok didn't want to sound stupid but wasn't sure . Wow up to 4 ...I look back at my old bedroom ( my dad's house) and wonder how the heck 2 girls ever fit in that room can't imagine 4 people in an interior.

But for a second bathroom I would definitely put 3 in it. Plus they have mom who is 60ish AND a teenager that right there SCREAMS second bathroom! :D

ok didn't want to sound stupid but wasn't sure . Wow up to 4 ...I look back at my old bedroom ( my dad's house) and wonder how the heck 2 girls ever fit in that room can't imagine 4 people in an interior.

But for a second bathroom I would definitely put 3 in it. Plus they have mom who is 60ish AND a teenager that right there SCREAMS second bathroom! :D

Luckily the teen is a boy so he is a non-issue as far as the bathroom is concerned. Once he starts going to the teen club we will never see him except to sleep lol

I've stayed in the family promenade and it is very spacious. Loved having a tub and we used the walk in closet as a dressing room. However we were 2 adults, a child, and 2 teens. The bunk room would work fine for the teen, but one of the other beds is a couch bed. How important is privacy to you? The main bedroom is separated from the couch bed by a curtain. I wouldn't put an adult in the bunk beds.

Edited by VCR

I've stayed in the family promenade and it is very spacious. Loved having a tub and we used the walk in closet as a dressing room. However we were 2 adults, a child, and 2 teens. The bunk room would work fine for the teen, but one of the other beds is a couch bed. How important is privacy to you? The main bedroom is separated from the couch bed by a curtain. I wouldn't put an adult in the bunk beds.

Thanks. I would say privacy itself is not really an issue. We have all travelled together many times and have shared hotel rooms, RVs, etc without an issue. Would you not put an adult in the bunk beds because of comfort or is it some other reason? My mother is planning on sleeping in there so she can go to bed and close the curtain lol

I have the opposing opinion (and this is from someone who usually chooses the 2 cabin/2 bathroom option).

The deal breaker for me is that the 2 interior cabins are a guarantee, so they can be scattered anywhere. Liberty is a huge ship - what if one cabin is all the way forward, and the other is all the way aft on the opposite side of the ship and several decks apart - do you really want to be that far apart?

This happened to us on Celebrity Summit (a significantly smaller ship). My family had cabins on deck 9 all the way in the front. My sister decided to join us at the last minute because she got a great deal on a guarantee. Well, her cabin was the last side-facing cabin on deck 7. It was very inconvenient to be so far away from each other. (No, we couldn't move her to a closer cabin within the same category because none were available).

Thanks. I would say privacy itself is not really an issue. We have all travelled together many times and have shared hotel rooms, RVs, etc without an issue. Would you not put an adult in the bunk beds because of comfort or is it some other reason? My mother is planning on sleeping in there so she can go to bed and close the curtain lol

The bunks just seemed tight and the mattresses seemed thin.

2 interiors...no doubt about it. If you were travelling with small kids I'd say Family promenade but with the ages of everyone there's no way.

Totally agree. While the promenade room is fun (did it) you MUST remember that just as you can see out, those across and/or down can see in and therefore you need to keep curtains closed most of the time. Two bathrooms definitely better for your .

I'm speaking for your husband. TWO CABINS! ;) And who cares if the rooms are far apart or on different decks. Your mom and sister are adults not kids that need to be chaperoned. I'm sure your mom and sister will appreciate their own room. Trust me mom and sis you want your own room.

We struggled with this same question last year on Independence. After speaking with an RCI agent, we chose two insides, primarily for the two bathrooms. We were able to see a Family Promenade when we were on our cruise and I was thrilled with our decision. Despite the nice walk in closet, it would not have been better than our two insides. One of us may have ended up sleeping in the closet :) The two bathrooms were so much better!

Definitely take the 2 insides!!! That's way too many adults to have in one room without feeling crowded and uncomfortable! Not to mention that two rooms means more of you will have "real" beds.

Just a tip though - as soon as the gty rooms are assigned, call RCI and have them move them within the same category so they are closer together if that's a concern for you! Although really - does it matter how close together you are? Just pick up the phone and make arrangements to meet when/where you want.

Thanks everyone. We bit the bullet and booked the two insides. Turns out it was less than I thought - $1516 for the room of 3 and $1190 for the room of two. Plus $100OBC per cabin and costco cash once I get the ressies moved over.

Thanks for all the advice. I was really looking forward to that tub though!

Thanks everyone. We bit the bullet and booked the two insides. Turns out it was less than I thought - $1516 for the room of 3 and $1190 for the room of two. Plus $100OBC per cabin and costco cash once I get the ressies moved over.

Thanks for all the advice. I was really looking forward to that tub though!

You did the right thing. I was about to chime in and agree with what everyone else said here. We have had the family cabin before and loved it and have a family panoramic oceanview for our next cruise and are really excited about having it. That said, we had 2 adults and 4 small children in the cabin. With 4 adults, I would 100% go for the two cabins and the two washrooms. Enjoy the Liberty. She is a great ship.