Help! RC not helpful...Junior Suite room configuration - Oasis

Hi!

We're looking to book at junior suite on Oasis. The cabins we are looking at are 8230 and 8232.

We need the bed by the balcony and the pull out sofa by the door.

Do either of these cabins have that configuration? The people at RC (I spoke to 3 different people) couldn't tell me.:mad::mad:

Figured I would come to the experts! Thank you so much for helping me. I tried searching on here for the answer but couldn't find anything...

Thanks again!:D:D

Hmm, really?

These RC reps were really unhelpful then!

They told me it alternates - every other cabin has the opposite configuration. But couldn't tell me which was in the configuration we need!:confused:

The "D", "C", and "B" category balcony staterooms do alternate, but I believe the JS staterooms are all the same, with the possible exception of the rooms being the mirror image, i.e., head of bed either facing forward or aft.

I'll second Clarea. I've never seen a JS with a bed by the door. Nor would I want one. There is a larger more comfortable sitting area in the JS. I like that by the slider and balcony. I wouldn't want to sit on the other side of the bed away from the window if I had a choice.

The Jr. Suites on Oasis class ships do not have the issue of the alternating configuration as the balcony cabins.

Jr. Suites have the sitting area with the sofa by the balcony and the bed closer to the bathroom. Basically same configuration of Jr. Suites as on all RCCL ships.

This link shows the configuration of the Oasis Class Jr. Suites. As shown it's the standard JR Suite configuration as on all RCCL ships .

Edited by xxoocruiser

I'll second Clarea. I've never seen a JS with a bed by the door. Nor would I want one. There is a larger more comfortable sitting area in the JS. I like that by the slider and balcony. I wouldn't want to sit on the other side of the bed away from the window if I had a choice.

Well, with a light sleeping toddler, having the bed closer to the balcony (for me and hubby to easily go out and back into bed) with a drawn curtain to separate from toddler on sofa is ideal.

Thanks everyone! I guess hubby and I will sleep on sofa with our toddler in the big bed! :(:D:D Lucky her!

Thanks everyone! I guess hubby and I will sleep on sofa with our toddler in the big bed! :(:D:D Lucky her!

You've got to be kidding... I can't imagine putting two adults on a pull out sofa for a week for light sleeping toddler. Not sure when you cruise, but I'd introduce a white noise machine asap and desensitize your "light sleeper".

Well, with a light sleeping toddler, having the bed closer to the balcony (for me and hubby to easily go out and back into bed) with a drawn curtain to separate from toddler on sofa is ideal.

You should be able to get by the sofabed to the balcony without walking into it.

As far as the curtain, pull the curtain between the bed and the sofabed and then make your own curtain with a shower curtain and magnetic hooks you can put on the ceiling. Many parents on the family forum do this, check that forum for ideas.

You've got to be kidding... I can't imagine putting two adults on a pull out sofa for a week for light sleeping toddler. Not sure when you cruise, but I'd introduce a white noise machine asap and desensitize your "light sleeper".

Thanks for the advice....

We already sleep with a white noise machine.

We'll be fine. Thanks for your concern.

Thanks again everyone for your help!:D:D:D

You should be able to get by the sofabed to the balcony without walking into it.

As far as the curtain, pull the curtain between the bed and the sofabed and then make your own curtain with a shower curtain and magnetic hooks you can put on the ceiling. Many parents on the family forum do this, check that forum for ideas.

Oh wow! Thanks! Now THAT is helpful!!! Yay!

Sorry if it came of as sarcastic. It was more the thought of paying for a junior suite only to share the sofa bed that was so unappealing.

Children actually is my area of expertise, and sleep issues are a major part of it. While some are light sleepers, with the right steps, it is highly succesful desensitizing them to noises. The problem most parent face is that it involves waking them up a number of times with noise before they "tune it out". And the last thing most parents of a toddler want to do is actually wake them once they've finally gone down. But if you're sharing a room on a cruise, it might be worth it. It usually only takes a few weeks.

Good luck!

We just sailed with our son and his family. I don't know how big your toddler is but they ordered a pack 'n play for their toddler. They positioned it across the room from the sofa in the corner tucked between the chair and the wall and then surrounded it with pool towels. They were able to access the balcony without waking him. Good luck.

I just looked at some pictures. The pull out sofa is on the side of the cabin with the window, not the balcony door. It looked like even with the sofa made into a bed you should be able to access the balcony without disturbing your child.

How big is the toddler? If a P&P would work, you would have room to move the P&P where you want it!

As far as the phone reps...they know nothing more than is in the brochures!

Edited by cb at sea

Your child will be so exhausted they will crash and burn every night. Just because they are a light sleeper at home does not mean they will be on the ship. How old? Will they be going to adventure ocean? My daughter at 2, 3 and 4 had to be carried back to the room every night from AO. She passed out in my arms. We had the coveted aft balconies, except having to walk the length of an adventure class ship with 20 to 50 lbs of dead weight in your arms did not make them so coveted ;-).

We have stayed midship ever since.:p

Thanks all!

She is 3.5 years old.

I appreciate all of the suggestions. The curtain idea is great!

We'll make it work. Once she goes to sleep, it's not an issue. She'll sleep well. It's more of the idea that if she sees us up, then she'll want to be up too. It's the act of actually being put down to go to sleep that concerns me!