cruising Pacific from LA to Hawaii?

mm&jjm

Plan on cruising Oceania in January, 2017 from LA to Hawaii then to the South Pacific. How rough is the Pacific in January? Also, can anyone recommend a good hotel for one night stay before embarking on the ship the next day? Also, any tips on tours through LA?

Jon and Mitzi

Plan on cruising Oceania in January, 2017 from LA to Hawaii then to the South Pacific. How rough is the Pacific in January? Also, can anyone recommend a good hotel for one night stay before embarking on the ship the next day? Also, any tips on tours through LA?

Jon and Mitzi

You might ask this on the Jan4 rollcall for better and detail results

The pacific in Jan is pacific... its a milk run down hill to Tahiti

Just a tip before you get into too much planning, according to the Oceania site this cruise is totally waitlisted, I know because I was also interested. In fact I looked at all options I could find visiting Papeete but after an hour on the phone with TA discussing flights which were more expensive from Europe than the cruise I gave up.Now looking at New Zealand and Australia and Putting Papeete on my bucket list.

Rosalyn

Just a tip before you get into too much planning, according to the Oceania site this cruise is totally waitlisted, I know because I was also interested. In fact I looked at all options I could find visiting Papeete but after an hour on the phone with TA discussing flights which were more expensive from Europe than the cruise I gave up.Now looking at New Zealand and Australia and Putting Papeete on my bucket list.

Rosalyn

We booked this cruise October of last year.As of today all cabins below PH are listed as available.This will be our third time in Tahiti and our first to Hawaii.We are on the 21 day cruise.

Rosalyn

That's the trouble with the South Pacific for Europeans - it's so blooming far away and it costs a fortune to fly there. We decided the best value option was to buy a round the world air ticket but so far we haven't found the time to fit it in.

• 4 weeks later...
Never been on Oceania was wondering what to expect. Thanks

Have you done any research on the ship or the cruise line?

The ship is small the cabins are small unless you are in PH & above the showers are very cozy in the cabins A-G cat

It is open seating so you will not be sitting at the same table every day

no formal wear required

no smoking other than to 2 designated areas

the ambiance of the ship is very cozy & low key

what do you really want to know ?

We are booked on Jan 4th on sirena would like to meet others going. Never been on Oceania was wondering what to expect. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here is a link to the ROLL CALL for your cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2290827

You'll be able to "meet" with others in advance :)

Thanks follow r the response have asked a couple of question no but no reply[emoji19]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's a rather active Roll Call, but the cruise isn't until January, 2016, so you can't expect other passengers to answer you so quickly.

They may well only check occasionally, such as once a week (or maybe not even that often for a cruise 1/2 year away).

Again, that is the right place to ask.

Sounds like a great cruise - enjoy!

Jon and Mitzi

Bill and Peggy we are on same cruise hope to see you there

It's a rather active Roll Call, but the cruise isn't until January, 2016, so you can't expect other passengers to answer you so quickly.

They may well only check occasionally, such as once a week (or maybe not even that often for a cruise 1/2 year away).

Again, that is the right place to ask.

Sounds like a great cruise - enjoy!

Thank you trying to get info regarding getting off in Moorea and spending three nights. Guess I'm a bit impatient