Cruise Planner / OBC

Just signed into Cruise Planner for my 6/25 cruise and was greeted with the message

Did You Know?

You can use your onboard credit in cruise planner. Just add products to your cart to get started.

I booked the All Access Tour and it worked. I was actually able to use part of my OBC to pay :D

Someone reported this the other day too. Did you have to give a credit card number at all?

No credit card needed. Just had to choose how much of my OBC to use. I suppose if I couldn't cover the total cost with OBC, I would then have to provide a credit card to cover the balance. I actually cancelled and re-booked some things so I could get the original amount applied back to my credit card and use my OBC instead.

No credit card needed. Just had to choose how much of my OBC to use. I suppose if I couldn't cover the total cost with OBC, I would then have to provide a credit card to cover the balance. I actually cancelled and re-booked some things so I could get the original amount applied back to my credit card and use my OBC instead.

Thanks, sounds like a nice feature.

Just signed into Cruise Planner for my 6/25 cruise and was greeted with the message

Did You Know?

You can use your onboard credit in cruise planner. Just add products to your cart to get started.

I booked the All Access Tour and it worked. I was actually able to use part of my OBC to pay :D

Great news.

Not working on mine for the 7/1 Brilliance cruise. It gives me a "pay in full" or "pay by guest" option which I guess is for if there are people who are paying independently in a cabin, but still wants a credit card.

At first I thought it was because I had Voom in and the amount was over my OBC (a measly $75), but I removed that and put in an excursion that is UNDER the OBC I have and it still wants a credit card.

Oh well... As cool as the excursion sounds, the "Kids Tour Free" on it does NOT. :D :D

I wonder if it matters which ship you're on. I'm sailing the Anthem. Could that possibly make a difference?

Doesnt work on my anthem cruise, however i booked through a travel agent, so that might be why, also I dont sail untill january so perhaps they havent loaded the credit yet. I have credit from royal and the travel agent. I suspect only royals will show up

I booked through a TA, am sailing n Oasis June 11, and got the email allowing me to use OBC for prepaying excursions, specialty restaurants, etc. haven't done it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Doesnt work on my anthem cruise, however i booked through a travel agent, so that might be why, also I dont sail untill january so perhaps they havent loaded the credit yet. I have credit from royal and the travel agent. I suspect only royals will show up

I agree, I think it's unlikely you would be able to spend your travel agent's OBC pre-cruise. I know that our travel agent adds the OBC to our booking only a few days before the cruise.

We sail on the Anthem on June 11th. I tried to book a massage online yesterday with the OBC, and was not able to. Needed credit card.

Would be nice if option was available.

I agree, I think it's unlikely you would be able to spend your travel agent's OBC pre-cruise. I know that our travel agent adds the OBC to our booking only a few days before the cruise.

My cruise is on Brilliance and I got $75 based on the RCCL promotion running when I was booking on board (took the equivalent amount to the deposit as OBC on that cruise) - so all RCCL and not showing up as usable yet.

Not a huge deal - I don't NEED internet on board, and I really don't NEED a "kids tour free" excursion (:p :p ). I'll probably use it for the shuttle to Ravenna and put the rest towards a drink card if it's offered along with some cash of my own (Unless my parents surprise me with OBC as a birthday present - I sent them that as a suggestion along with "Euros or dollars I can convert into Euros". :D I mean, they did ask for suggestions!!)

I wonder how this will work if you are booked in a different currency. All my ressies are in CAD so my cruise planner is CAD. I am not seeing any options to pay with OBC. I wonder if the system will be smart enough to do the conversion or if it will only be an option for USD bookings.

I just realized RCL IT being smart enough to do anything is laughable in itself but...

:)

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

This might be for resi's that got OBC with the vow to wow sale

My OBC was from my RC credit card - turned in points for the OBC. I've also been told that if I don't spend my entire OBC, I can get a cash refund or let them apply a credit to the credit card that I'll use for onboard purchases. I'm not sure if somehow that puts this OBC in a unique category.

My OBC was from my RC credit card - turned in points for the OBC. I've also been told that if I don't spend my entire OBC, I can get a cash refund or let them apply a credit to the credit card that I'll use for onboard purchases. I'm not sure if somehow that puts this OBC in a unique category.

Thanks for the updates. Seems to be excellent news

I hope/plan to use Celebrity credit card points for OBC for my December Oasis cruise. Was it difficult to get the OBC with your points? Thanks

I hope/plan to use Celebrity credit card points for OBC for my December Oasis cruise. Was it difficult to get the OBC with your points? Thanks

It's very simple, you just go to the redemption website and fill out the form there.